Boa with pied markings - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Boas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 01:34 PM   #11
dhserps
Talking stupid?

your the only one here looking stupid saying your friend has had two litters of pied boas yeah i guess you riight im stupid clays stupid listen go get yourself a book oh who is this the poster partner in crime trying to scam someone matter of fact you want to be so brave i live in clearwater about twenty minutes from tampa with all these pied boas your friends producing is he gonna be set up in daytona opps mommy wont give him a ride so you guys probally cant go

Old 08-10-2004, 03:44 PM   #12
ms_terese
Bryan,

Will you or Rick please post pictures of the piebald Colombian?

Old 08-10-2004, 08:23 PM   #13
willykink
i give everyone the benefit of the doubt, so, that being said, im in the tampa/st pete area and can come by anytime these pieds, or het pieds or whatever are available to be seen and im even getting a brand new sony digital to take quality pics with in the next day or two so with an invite and directions i can come over and snap a few pics of my own and post for everyone if thats ok with the original poster of this thread

just offering my peace making services,

Old 08-10-2004, 10:39 PM   #14
giraffe_gal
this all seems to confusing for me...

I have noticed A LOT of boas for sale lately with "white spots" or "white sections". I accept the fact that burns can and will cause identical spots. But that second photo looks awfully big to be a burn. Central Florida Reptile Breeders have tried to sell some babies they have with the same white markings. I agree with Clay, but why are there suddenly so many, and the second photo in here could that also be a burn? Just asking...

Old 08-10-2004, 10:59 PM   #15
Esnake
Thank you Bryan, I appreciate your input.

I know that an animal that is heterozygote carriers the gene, but does not show the signs of it. For a snake to be consider pie-bald, it must have 10% or more of the markings. My snake has about 2% of the markings. This would not be considered to be a pie-bald or a heterozygote for pie-blad.

I believe these spots to be part of the snake's natural pattern. A scar is special connective tissue that covers an abrasion on the body, that will lessen over time, but will never be completely healed. The way someone can tell if it is scar tissue is:

The skin will retain a differnt textureform the rest of the body.

The skin will become thick, tough, and less flexible.

The skin will be discolored.

The spots on my snake's skin has the same texture of the rest of its body. The spots are not thick, tough nor less flexible. Obversely, the skin is discolored.

To the best of my knowledge, these spots occur naturaly in this snakes pattern.

I will be at Daytona, with my boa on saturday only. Rick Knows a Repitle Vet from Miami that agreed to meet us in Daytona. He will look at his male and my Female spots and will decipher it from scar tissue. I will reply back once I get an answer.

I will not meet anyone to show my boa to. If Ricks wants to show his male, I'm sure he will reply. I have not seen his offspring yet. He is not claiming them to be anything, but the offspring of his male. We are hoping to prove this to be genetic.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-11-2004, 04:38 PM   #16
willykink
of course you dont want to show it off

lol, i couldve placed a sizeable bet on that answer and made my next years car payments

Old 08-11-2004, 07:26 PM   #17
bryan
listen

no man i dont really have time i will be at daytona with eamonn and rich to get a vet to proof the pied boa we have, yea i'v been shipping snakes off all week i haven't had very much time.
thank you
bryan beadling

Old 08-12-2004, 02:57 AM   #18
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally posted by Esnake
For a snake to be consider pie-bald, it must have 10% or more of the markings. My snake has about 2% of the markings. This would not be considered to be a pie-bald or a heterozygote for pie-blad.
Where exactly is this written? There's no minimum requirement of white to determine if an animal is pied. It either has the gene or it doesn't, there's no gray area. If it is homozygous for the pied gene then it's pied regardless of the degree the gene is expressed. It's the genetic condition that determines it, not the phenotype.
There have been a few pied balls hatch with no white at all on the lateral or dorsal surface, merely a white belly and the characteristic dorsal double striped pattern. These snakes were pied regardless and carried just as much chance of producing a 90% white snake as any other pied.

Now you say it's neither pied or het for pied, but in the other thread you started here http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=46622
you titled the thread "Possible Het for pied Boa".
The determining factor remains unanswered. Was this snake born with those white spots? Pieds don't happen spontaneously.

Old 08-12-2004, 07:28 AM   #19
Bill_Leverton
Ok Lets just start off with this "is there such thing as a PIED BALD BOA"...second female Looks Awful familiar (the White Areas) I had a female that I had given to my son-in law in Ga last year with the same White Marks( from a Rabbit Bite) I wish I had keep the pictures... in turn when he got shipped off to Iraq he gave it to somebody in the Miami area so im just curious where did you pick this snake up? dont get me wrong but those white markings(scars) look awful close to a female I use to own JMHO

Old 08-12-2004, 08:25 AM   #20
bryan
Lightbulb thats just a suriname

no i have not reseved pix from rick yet but if you want to see them we will be at daytona on sat getting them proofed by a vet so will see how are the stupid people and if it turns out it is scaring so be it we are stupid to but in the mean time shush it.
oo yea thats just my female suriname i wanted to show her off sorry.
thank you
bryan beadling

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread