Bread makers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 01-06-2018, 06:24 AM   #1
Lucille
Bread makers

It is really nice to have the odor of fresh baked bread waft through the house especially on cold winter days. I have a Zojirushi bread maker and it takes about three minutes to start a loaf of bread, 2-3 hours later there is a wonderful 2 lb loaf. It can even be programmed so that you wake up to fresh bread.
I bake bread a couple times a week and use the Zojirushi for making pizza dough as well.
I wonder why these bread makers are not more popular. Considering the cost of ordinary white bread at the store is more than the cost of making a nice loaf of home made, one might think that more people would use them.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:37 AM   #2
Insomniac101
I subscribe to the online version of "Taste of Home" magazine, and they just sent a homemade bread recipe a few days ago. It looks really good, but I don't have a breadmaker yet! I've looked at a few, but haven't taken the time to really scrutinize the different brands, and compare features. I would love to make my own bread, like my mom used to when we were kids.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:50 AM   #3
Lucille
I used to make bread without a bread maker, it was not any different in taste than with the bread maker, but I bake bread much more often now that I have one.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:25 AM   #4
bcr229
I used to have a bread maker but then the finish started to flake off of the paddle so I tossed it, I didn't want paint in the middle of my loaves. I learned to make artisan bread which is super easy so I haven't bothered replacing it.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I used to have a bread maker but then the finish started to flake off of the paddle so I tossed it, I didn't want paint in the middle of my loaves. I learned to make artisan bread which is super easy so I haven't bothered replacing it.
Good warning and I'll watch for that, fortunately it has not happened, and I'm hoping it won't.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #6
Helenthereef
When I was still in the UK everyone I knew (including me) had one, used it enthusiastically for a few weeks and then it ended up in the back of the cupboard.

However, now in a country where I can't get much bread variety, we got one and used it until the poor thing's motor wore out. It was great for adding grains and seeds to standard bread mixes. Also good for making pizza dough. We'd have another but I can't find them here any more.

Hope you enjoy yours!

Old 01-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #7
Lucille
Helen, I would be glad to send you one. PM me please.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:13 AM   #8
Helenthereef
hi Lucille. PM just sent. many thanks for the generous offer!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!