Inquiry sixgunsun1177 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:47 AM   #11
Snake-Queen
If you sent money by e-check, I probably would've refunded you as well. That method takes much longer to clear before the seller sees any money, than direct transfer. I would have informed you why I refunded it though.

The emails and PayPal activity screenshots will help. With the PayPal SS you can blackout anything not relevant to this transaction.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:54 AM   #12
sixgunsun1177
Anytime I've made an online reptile purchase the animals not considered sold until my money was in the sellers account. It has always been my obligation to get the money into the sellers account. Not for the seller to hold my hand until the money gets there. After not receiving payment and being told I would I owe Tom nothing.
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2017, 08:06 AM   #13
AllisonLeigh
I don't see any discussion of a deposit in the messages provided, Tom can you post the correspondence where the seller agreed to hold them on a 25% deposit?

Thanks,
Allison

Old 09-15-2017, 08:51 AM   #14
Snake-Queen
Tom, with the information the seller provided, you didn't pay the full amount, which is why the seller refunded your initial payment of $200.

Matthew, did you sell the snakes for $500 or was that for a different snake? Your comment was a little confusing.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:27 AM   #15
sixgunsun1177
Not that the sale price has any bearing on Tom's thread ... but I sold them for $800 with $500 down.
Snowdrift aka Miranda from fauna stayed in touch, and did exactly what she said payment wise.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:33 AM   #16
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgunsun1177 View Post
Not that the sale price has any bearing on Tom's thread ... but I sold them for $800 with $500 down.
Snowdrift aka Miranda from fauna stayed in touch, and did exactly what she said payment wise.
You are correct, it doesn't have any bearing. I was trying to make sense of your comment.

We have all heard, "I am paying tomorrow.", then he sends a "deposit" without any discussion of such. I don't see where you did anything wrong. If I was selling, unless I know you, I will not hold an animal; first person to send money is the buyer.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #17
AllisonLeigh
Agreed Melissa. I've been burned by holding animals based on a "I absolutely want them, consider them sold" as well. Now, to avoid that, I require a deposit with clear definitions as to what that means (ie. how long the buyer has to pay the balance and what scenarios can cause either side to terminate the sale). We live and learn I suppose

Unless there was discussion of a deposit and what terms it would follow I don't see how the OP "purchased" them as the first post says. It sounds like a lesser amount was sent in hopes that would cause the seller to wait a bit longer, but I believe a purchase would mean you paid in full or at least within terms accepted by the seller in advance.

As much as it would have been nice for the seller to let the OP know that the deposit was not acceptable and they were accepting another offer, it would also have been equally nice of the OP to let the seller know there would be a delay on the total balance but they were sending a deposit in good faith and would have the balance by *insert date*. Then it's up to the seller to decide if they want to accept these terms or not.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #18
tcp2
payment

I obviously had no idea that the payment did not clear immediately. With no feedback from the seller I did not think there was a problem. The $200.00 appeared to clear immediately. I sent a smaller amount initially because I wanted to make sure that he received the money, as I stated in the payment, and the rest would be sent right out. His paypal account is attached to Kustom Air Workz which is attached to a website of www.KustomairWorkz. This website does not exist. No where did it say who the recipient was other than KustomairWorkz. If he had contacted me in any form about this it would have been easy to resolve. There was no agreement to make a deposit which was not the intent. I made the full payment a few hours later even though I still had no feedback from him that this was the correct account. This can go back and forth forever. He has appears launched into I was never going to pay mode a few hours my email that I was going to send the payment. All could have been resolved with any contact form the seller. I am now contacting paypal to have the payment cancelled. If he had bothered to tell me that the payment was held up I could have sent the money in a way that it would instantly transfer.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:30 PM   #19
tcp2
Payment

As of today, the $800.00 payment has cleared. He has the $ so I am assuming that I will see the refund soon. The " hold my hand" "dibs on snakes he could not afford" "Tread water until he could afford" "flakely {his spelling} behavior" cauddle {his spelling} him" "bank balance tales" are all amusing attacks. He took payment from someone else before I could rush to the computer. His choice. This could have all been resolved by responding to any of my multiple contacts.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #20
tim brophy
The OP appears to have just invented this deposit. Why did he not just send the full amount initially? Seller did the absolutely correct thing. He likely assumed getting the rest of his payment could prove difficult, when he had another solid buyer ready to pay immediately.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!