Inquiry: East Tennessee Reptile Rescue - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Dreqqus
Inquiry: East Tennessee Reptile Rescue

This reptile 'rescue' just opened in my rough geographical area, and was wondering what you guys think? Is seems too similar to some of the reptile rescue scams I've seen on her way too often. Any opinions? Here is the link: http://easttnreptilerescue.tripod.com/index.html
The only reason I post this is the herp scene in Knoxville seems to be strained as it is. We don't need someone like those kids in VA whose name's escape me mucking things up worse. Opinions?

Old 07-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #2
John E Dove
Well the only Sonnie Mynatt I could find from Tenn graduated from high school 5 years ago but that means nothing.
I also note that they do not say specifically that they are a 501c but claim to be not for profit.
If this is another Nick, Mike, Joann scammer they will find your laws more restrictive than those in VA I believe.
It do seem fishy to me but Morti (Don Smith) might know more as he is in your state. You might PM him and inquire.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
John E Dove
OK, Now I am betting it is a scam rescue.

Sonnie's email is TruiyRare@aol.com.
I did a search for the email addy and found this on TRR posted by Truly Rare; "I really would like to sell, or trade this snake. He/She is a great specimen, I just want to stay on the path with Ball's and Bloods, and my corns currently. the snake has never ever had a problem eating, one of the most food aggressive, wanting to eat 24/7 snakes ive ever had. this snake has ALWAYS shed in one piece, and is still a juvenile. I've never had it sexed, as probing, isn't something i like to have done to them, as If i think about it, i wouldn't want something shoved up there, personally, but...Anyone who is interested, i can try and find out the sex. if you care to know. I was also told by a breeder, that this snake, is one of the few hybrids that can still breed and isnt infertile. Neways, if anyone is interested send me a message or you can email me
truiyrare@aol.com
i have pictures upon request...
Since this thing, doesnt let me upload any more or something...
--------------------
-Sonnie- 2 ball pythons, 1 spiderball, 1 Childrens/spotted python, 1 blood python, 1 luetistic rat snake,1 amotely stripe cornsnake, 1 butter cornsnake, 1 snowc ornsnake,1 ghost cornsnake, 1 regular cornsnake, 2 green tree frogs, 2 rose hairs, 1 salmon leg birdeating tarantula,2 Usambara orange tarantula, 2 fire salmanders 4 leopard geckos, 1 b&W argentine tegu, 9 crested geckos , 1 Chaco Golden Knee tarantula, 1 beta 1Gargoyle Gecko 1boxturtle, 1 soft shelled turtle..
"
http://thereptileroom.org/forum/inde...howtopic=13330

On the supposed rescue site the only animal they have listed for adoption is "Slither is up for adoption. He/She is a Spotted/Childrens Hybrid Python, They are a smaller type of python and can live in a 20 gal and up. He is feeding on fuzzies NO problem. He is a food aggressive type of snake, but is wonderful as long as your not feeding or as long as it doesn't think your feeding. His adoption fee is 75.00 contact if you are interested in adopting Slither."
http://easttnreptilerescue.tripod.com/available.html

Old 07-27-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
TrulyRare
Yep, that snake, i got for my ex bf, he didn't want it and later on gave it to me, And I tried selling it first, cause ive had it a while. We are under the direction of a 501c. The person who is helping us get started runs the East Tennessee Blood Hound Rescue. I have taken in many animals, and right now i got call for a 4 inch savannah that is 2 years old. its not been taken care of. Dude since you live in knoxville, you prob visit critterbarn. YOu can gladly ask Donna, or Larry for that fact, that all my animals are taken care of. THe savannah i had a few months ago, I got back to eating, it had NO heat in the middle of the winter, it had degenatrive bone diease VERY severe. It got a dose of D3, and took it about 3 days and it started eating again, and took a massive BM. IF i hadn't went and got this lizard drrove an hour, and got it, then it would have died. I rehomed it to a gentlemen, in morristown for FREE!..and I'll gladly PM his email addie to you. Me and my friend Max, (larry williams) Are starting this. The lady who is under direct of us, Told me that I needed to post some animal on there I told her i was trying to Rehome my ex's snake, that I've been feeding, for the past half year, and she told me to start by posting that snake. Now, I've had a friend who's been wanting to adopt/take him for a while. I can give you mutilple references here in knoxville you are gladly will call. Heck. Ill even show up with you in knoxville and let you see my personal animals. It's not a scam. I've seen to many animals go without food, because there kids, wont take care of it, wont feed it, the parent's don't want to mess with it, and ON TOP OF THE FACT, people killing reptiles in there yard, because they are afraid of it.

Your welcome to visit a local board i am a member of, and inquire there. yes, i do plan on breeding some of my snakes, but I also take in animals that are homeless, and that people do not want. I wouldn't have this snake, but my ex bf ...got it, ..we broke up..then months later he showed up at my door with it. So i took it, of course. It's not a snake i particullary wanted to keep, good snake, vivid eater!..But..IM NOT A SCAM! I know knoxville's herp society here is in shambles, and me and my friends are trying to change that! ..that's why we are starting a herp society for TN.

Its hard to start a rescue. It takes time, money, and effort. IT doesn't happen over night.

Any more questions you are welcome to call me also.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:42 AM   #5
TrulyRare
I forgot to add the site

easttnpets.com

I'm appauled, But i understand. there are a lot of ppl who have things and don't care of them.

and there is nothing wrong with me having my personal animals. I've yet to find a rescue who doesn't have there own pets.

And remember that snake wasn't orginally mine, was kinda dumped on me. Not that i blame the snake.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:17 AM   #6
EastTnPets
Talking East Tn Pets Reptile Rescue

Hello I am the owner of easttnpets.com and I wanted to come here to let you know that Sonnie is not a scam. She loves her reptiles very much and has posted numerous informational post about reptiles on my site. Along with offering to take in any unwanted reptile. I feel reptiles is her passion and I wanted to come here and let you know that she is not a scam. I also know Larry from Critter Barn and her and Larry are great friends. As you may know if you are from around the Knoxville area, Larry is an avid reptile person as well. If any of you want to contact me regarding this issue feel free to at easttnpets@yahoo.com.

Thanks and please feel free to visit my site any time at www.easttnpets.com.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:17 AM   #7
John E Dove
Let me get this straight, you HAVE 501c status or you just have a friend who runs a 501c rescue?

Old 07-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #8
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTnPets
Hello I am the owner of easttnpets.com and I wanted to come here to let you know that Sonnie is not a scam. She loves her reptiles very much and has posted numerous informational post about reptiles on my site. Along with offering to take in any unwanted reptile. I feel reptiles is her passion and I wanted to come here and let you know that she is not a scam. I also know Larry from Critter Barn and her and Larry are great friends. As you may know if you are from around the Knoxville area, Larry is an avid reptile person as well. If any of you want to contact me regarding this issue feel free to at easttnpets@yahoo.com.

Thanks and please feel free to visit my site any time at www.easttnpets.com.
Sherry,
your last name is required on all posts.
Thanks,
Randal Berry

Old 07-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #9
Dreqqus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulyRare
Yep, that snake, i got for my ex bf, he didn't want it and later on gave it to me, And I tried selling it first, cause ive had it a while. We are under the direction of a 501c. The person who is helping us get started runs the East Tennessee Blood Hound Rescue. I have taken in many animals, and right now i got call for a 4 inch savannah that is 2 years old. its not been taken care of. Dude since you live in knoxville, you prob visit critterbarn. YOu can gladly ask Donna, or Larry for that fact, that all my animals are taken care of. THe savannah i had a few months ago, I got back to eating, it had NO heat in the middle of the winter, it had degenatrive bone diease VERY severe. It got a dose of D3, and took it about 3 days and it started eating again, and took a massive BM. IF i hadn't went and got this lizard drrove an hour, and got it, then it would have died. I rehomed it to a gentlemen, in morristown for FREE!..and I'll gladly PM his email addie to you. Me and my friend Max, (larry williams) Are starting this. The lady who is under direct of us, Told me that I needed to post some animal on there I told her i was trying to Rehome my ex's snake, that I've been feeding, for the past half year, and she told me to start by posting that snake. Now, I've had a friend who's been wanting to adopt/take him for a while. I can give you mutilple references here in knoxville you are gladly will call. Heck. Ill even show up with you in knoxville and let you see my personal animals. It's not a scam. I've seen to many animals go without food, because there kids, wont take care of it, wont feed it, the parent's don't want to mess with it, and ON TOP OF THE FACT, people killing reptiles in there yard, because they are afraid of it.

Your welcome to visit a local board i am a member of, and inquire there. yes, i do plan on breeding some of my snakes, but I also take in animals that are homeless, and that people do not want. I wouldn't have this snake, but my ex bf ...got it, ..we broke up..then months later he showed up at my door with it. So i took it, of course. It's not a snake i particullary wanted to keep, good snake, vivid eater!..But..IM NOT A SCAM! I know knoxville's herp society here is in shambles, and me and my friends are trying to change that! ..that's why we are starting a herp society for TN.

Its hard to start a rescue. It takes time, money, and effort. IT doesn't happen over night.

Any more questions you are welcome to call me also.
I would like to stress that I truly meant no offense by posting this inquiry. It was just that an inquiry. If you were around on the BOI for the Nick, Joann, and Mike, dramatic fiascos, you've seen the damage something like that can do to a community, and would understand my requesting third party opinions when something like this pops up.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
lildove
Sonnie Takes good care of her pets.She's not a Scam. And what is a 501c?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!