Whatever happened to Corey Sawyer's refunds ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2004, 02:30 PM   #1
Earl H. Turner
Exclamation Whatever happened to Corey Sawyer's refunds ?

About 3 months ago, I was contacted by a Dan Boam who stated he was paying back the monies which were sent to Sawzoo for specimens. I was to receive my $200.00 deposit for one 5 ft. Chinese King Cobra. I, as of this date have not heard nor received any funds from either Mr. Boam or Sawzoo !!!! Does anyone know if deposits have been dispersed among owed individuals ? Mr. Boam did state he was having trouble with someone by the name of Kevin and that he was going to take care of that and then would return my money within two weeks...."Smoke and Mirrors" ????!!!!! Earl Turner

Old 01-11-2004, 02:32 PM   #2
HerpVenue
Seems Corey Sawyer has disappeared.

Chineese Mafia?
USFW?

Who knows, there was some stink about illegal importation then he disappeared.

Hope you get your money

Old 01-11-2004, 02:52 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
What Happened with the refunds? The most pressing question is what happened with him! Maybe some kind of a protection program. After all if what we heard was right he gave out some names in exchange for his immunity. Again, as Ritchie says we hope you get your money back although I wouldn't hold my hopes very high.

Good luck!

Old 01-11-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
KelliH
I wish I knew what happened to Corey. As much as I disagreed with what he was doing with his business, I am still concerned about him. I think Corey got involved with some very unethical people from overseas and he saw dollar signs and got greedy. Deep down I think he is a decent guy. None of this changes the fact that he owes people money though. Corey, if you are reading this, please, do the right thing and make it right with your ex customers.

Old 01-11-2004, 04:04 PM   #5
Nick
I have heard from many people that know Corey. I used to talk to him daily. So what i have heard is hes living with him brother some where. Recovering from a back injury from helping his brother move. I hope i hear from him agian.

Nick Asher
www.GeckoReptilian.com

Old 01-12-2004, 08:24 AM   #6
turtle world
I also wait for a refund

I got contacted from Mr. Dan Boam and
I send him all the information he wanted
and he wanted to send a refund, it never
happend and he is not answering emails.

I don't think I ever get anything and I don't
agree that Corey is deep down a good guy,
even is he would have been sick, it is a long time
since he stopped answering my emails and
now it is a long time since Mr. Boam answered me
so I think they are both bad guys.

George Ullman
Turtle World

Old 01-19-2004, 09:37 PM   #7
Angie Cornfield
Hi Earl and George: I was the person that contacted you when Dan Boam asked me to contact everyone that was owed money and he would settle up. He also stopped answering my emails awhile back -- so not only did we get conned by Corey but also by Dan Boam. I guess it runs in the family.

Angie Cornfield.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:15 PM   #8
oreganus
Lightbulb actually.....

I firmly believe that Dan Boam was talking to Corey on a daily basis and that was simply a way for Corey to buy time so that he could get hidden better. I am sure that he also reads these posts on a daily basis. Deep down, HE IS NOT A GOOD GUY, he is a thief,smuggler,and everything in between. He admittedly ripped off people, he bragged about smuggling illegal animals, and simply is a little brat that needs to be taught a lesson so he can learn to grow up. I KNOW FOR A FACT he is not in a witness protection or anything of the sort. He is still in the same area, back injury or no back injury, that does not excuse the fact that he is a thief. He chose to rip people off and by doing that, he chose to suffer the consequences in whatever form they come to him. If he is reading this, there is one thing he needs to figure out, HE CAN'T HIDE FOREVER and as soon as he pops up, there will be tons of people to greet him. He is facing some of the consequences of what he has done already, he cannot put his name on any credit,bills, or anything else, so I wonder how much he really gained by being a thief? I am sure that all the money and all the animals are gone with nothing but angry people looking for him to show for it. Well, I guess he can just start growing weed in his house again, like he did before, he can make money at that until he gets greedy again and rips someone off.
Kevin Smith

Old 01-23-2004, 04:12 AM   #9
snakegetters
Too bad. I'd really love a pair of Chinese kings, but I guess this won't be the place to get them. Anyhow I'd rather drive over and examine expensive specimens personally than send money sight unseen to people I don't know. Travelling costs money but so does getting ripped off.

Old 09-22-2004, 07:06 PM   #10
oreganus
Lightbulb Corey sawyer is still around Washington...

For anyone that is looking for him also, he was spotted at the vancouver mall awhile back. So he must still be living in washington. Just thought the info might be useful to people.
Kevin Smith

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!