Inquiry Lucille Hollander - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:51 PM   #61
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
Mike, my post wasn't meant to get your bowels in an up roar..I was just posting what I feel, nothing more.

If my post upset you, my apology, that wasn't my intentions...

Is it possible to post what you're claiming Lucille did?

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
Not sure what you perceived as an uproar or why my bowels are of your concern. If a calm reply challenging your claim is upsetting to you, talk to your therapist, or something

It's on one thread about me somewhere, some body ordered a corn snake, I made a mistake and didn't update the site availability so I apologized and refunded her as soon as I realized the mistake after the weekend. According to her she was persuaded by Lucille to post here and seek compensation for lost wages or something. Anyways I suppose that's hearsay since she said it and not Lucille.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:53 PM   #62
Herpin Man
The way I see it, the BOI, and the situations addressed herein, are more relevant to business transactions, than they are to herp keeping itself. Yes, I understand that transactions involving live animals contain elements that make it quite different from, say, doing a return at Target. However, I have noticed that posts which appear to reflect more of a business perspective than a herp keeping perspective, tend to be more logical and on point than those which demonstrate a lack of business knowledge, regardless of that persons experience with herp keeping or selling.
Unlike most traditional businesses, herp selling doesn't require a background in management, sales, customer service, or even knowing how to communicate with others in a civil manner. Many of the subjects of BOI demonstrate that quite well.
Point being, while the input of someone involved in large numbers of herp transactions certainly has value, so does the input of someone with a good sense of business transactions in general, regardless of whether that person buys or sells large numbers of animals.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:57 PM   #63
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I found one 'free pizza' thread, here it is

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=free+pizza

My PM to the OP:

Originally Posted by Lucille
A lot depends on why he did not call. There may have been personal or business matters that took his attention, but even still, he should have made some kind of notation in the system or on the cage that this was a sold critter. Or he may have actually been trying unsuccessfully to do something to reverse the sale his employee made.
I think you should forward this PM and my answer to him and ask for a more detailed explanation of what happened and be honest about your disappointment.
If he was actually working in your behalf behind the scenes to try to see if he could get the sold snake back, because it was sold at the same time you bought it, and couldn't, then it's just one of those things, his employee didn't know. But if he forgot to label the snake and it got sold after you paid for it, you have every right to be upset and 10% doesn't get it, you should probably get a free snake and an assurance that the system will be changed so that once paid for, a customer's undelivered snake cannot subsequently be sold to someone else.
Ah, there it is! Yea, I'm going to question your motives and your marbles if you truly think somebody deserves a free snake because of an inventory error.

Old 01-30-2019, 03:02 PM   #64
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
Not sure what you perceived as an uproar or why my bowels are of your concern. If a calm reply challenging your claim is upsetting to you, talk to your therapist, or something

It's on one thread about me somewhere, some body ordered a corn snake, I made a mistake and didn't update the site availability so I apologized and refunded her as soon as I realized the mistake after the weekend. According to her she was persuaded by Lucille to post here and seek compensation for lost wages or something. Anyways I suppose that's hearsay since she said it and not Lucille.

Thanks for your reply concerning Lucille.

As far as me talking to a therapist, if you'd be so kind, could you give me the info to the therapist you use? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-30-2019, 03:12 PM   #65
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post

As far as me talking to a therapist, if you'd be so kind, could you give me the info to the therapist you use? It would be greatly appreciated.
Ah yes, rather than discuss the topic of the post (Lucille and her credibility) we're going with the "I know you are but what am I" approach. As productive as that sounds, I'll have to pass on that rabbit hole. Have a nice day.

Old 01-30-2019, 03:16 PM   #66
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
Have a nice day.

Right back at you!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-30-2019, 05:55 PM   #67
Mech
I find Lucille to be a total “class act”.
Plain and simply that.
No fluff.
No bluff, and one with compasion.
I am kinda wondering who this troll is.
Kinda thinking there is a bit more to this.
That said (Lucille please forgive me) I had to bite my tongue to not reply that she sucks.
Rotten humor has taken at least 6 of my lives.
Might have a couple or so more.
Plain and simple she rocks.
All the best.
Andy.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:42 PM   #68
Fangthane
Sure this is just me sticking up for a fellow "BOI warrior" or whatever; but if we're evaluating motives and credibility based on BOI posting habits: Here you go. That's one of a few notable BOI contributions that quickly told me everything I needed to know about the guy.

Lucille plays her games on here, I think. Hell, I think the same can be said for all of us who've really dug into this particular forum. She and I've had our frictions. Overall, I still think she's been a net positive who's consistently gone out of her way to help people - regardless of what may be in it for her. Always just kinda rubbed me the wrong way when I saw someone who apparently uses the site solely for their own profit questioning someone else's motives for posting. With that: BOI OUT!

Old 01-30-2019, 07:32 PM   #69
Dro B
Mike Schultz, did you start this thread?

Old 01-30-2019, 10:31 PM   #70
tlmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
The way I see it, the BOI, and the situations addressed herein, are more relevant to business transactions, than they are to herp keeping itself. Yes, I understand that transactions involving live animals contain elements that make it quite different from, say, doing a return at Target. However, I have noticed that posts which appear to reflect more of a business perspective than a herp keeping perspective, tend to be more logical and on point than those which demonstrate a lack of business knowledge, regardless of that persons experience with herp keeping or selling.
Unlike most traditional businesses, herp selling doesn't require a background in management, sales, customer service, or even knowing how to communicate with others in a civil manner. Many of the subjects of BOI demonstrate that quite well.
Point being, while the input of someone involved in large numbers of herp transactions certainly has value, so does the input of someone with a good sense of business transactions in general, regardless of whether that person buys or sells large numbers of animals.
Very well said, Greg! I couldn't agree more.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!