New BT Cribos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
BigTattoo
New BT Cribos

This is a pair of recently acquired BT Cribos from Black Pearl Reptiles. The first pic is the female out of Chuck Elliot's line. The other is the male out of Black Pearl's line. John Michael's of Black Pearl is a go to guy. I highly recommend him and you should check out his website.

I've been wanting to get back into Dry's for some time. I had a pair of Easterns way back in the late 70's early 80's and they were some of my favorite snakes. I'm really looking forward to watching these two grow up.

Big T
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
Utta
Gratz! BTs are my second favorite, right after the easterns

Old 10-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
BigTattoo
Thanks I love the easterns too. John at Black Pearl is encouraging me to go through the permit process but it is such a PITA. LOL This pair may be enough to get me to do it though.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
Utta
The permit process is actually easy. (I know some breeders like Mr. Bruce help you along the way)

Old 10-21-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
WebSlave
I remember years ago a guy having a spectacular example of one of these at the place where I used to buy my mice early on up in Maryland. Beautiful bright golden yellow head and body. I wanted to buy that snake BADLY, but the guy just wouldn't part with it.

Definitely impressive looking animals....

Old 10-21-2010, 01:39 AM   #6
Black Pearl Reptiles
Glad you like them BigT!!

Let me know when you're ready to take on the permit process!!!

John Michels
www.westcoastdrymarchon.com

Old 10-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #7
BigTattoo
Permit process.

John you are ruthless and merciless. So are you saying you're willing to assist me in the process? I don't know if it's changes I just remember it was about 40 pages and DNR wanted everything but your first born. Maybe come spring after my bank account has had a chance to recover.

Big T

Old 02-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #8
Johnny
Actually, I filled it out recently. It isn't bad at all. You do have to write a narrative to answer their 14 questions. The application is also expired but I called David Hess (South East FWS) and he told me to use the old application as the new one isn't available yet. Personally, I really question the purpose of the interstate commerce license. I suppose the federal FWS wants to regulate interstate commerce of this species because of their threatened status in their natural range. Unfortunately, breeders have inbred/line bred their Easterns for certain traits (red throats etc...) or because of the lack of genetic variability in their stock. Since the lines of Eastern and Texas indigos are so limited to begin with in this country (due to their illegal status in their indigenous states), the lack of movement of animals between states doesn't help inbreeding issues. Just my two cents.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
dumboa
Yeah I have an Eastern but because there are alot of breeders in CA I didnt need a permit. I Think my next snake will be a Unicolor or a Texan. (would love a rubidus but pricey)

I love a good looking blacktail though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!