Cave dwelling rat snakes!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #11
hadenglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBlueLipsXx View Post
ok, but i would think cave dwelling rat snakes are more arboreal then anything else due to them eating and catching bats out of the air.
they will definitely utilize the space if given, but the more important thing to utilize even with aboreal snakes is still floor space, having some height added to the floor space is even better if you can do it. I learned this from GTP and amazon owners and find it works for virtually any other captive aboreal snake.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #12
xXBlueLipsXx
ohh ok thank you explains a lot

Old 03-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #13
xXBlueLipsXx
also dont they need a humudity that it should be kept at in the cage?

Old 03-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #14
hadenglock
They do like humidity, so with them ill spray the cage down once in the morning, live plants are also nice if the cage design allows it. If there isnt condensation on the front the cage doors thats when i mist them down, otherwise i leave them be.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #15
xXBlueLipsXx
ah ok makes sense

Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #16
zookeeperfrank
Quote:
I've been trying to find information for these guys for months!! does anyone own a couple or at least one, that they can give me tips for caring for them? There certainly beautiful and amazing creatures, I have a few questions about them though.:
what type of habitat or set up would they need?
Anything special i need to do for this species?
How should i care for them? (for example: everything they need to survive) i'm a first time snake owner so i would like to know as much as i can (its hard finding information about this species) before making the purchase for my snake.

thanks in advance for reading and answering my questions
Hi,

I've kept them at the Bronx & Staten Is Zoos, one of my favorites. Following is an article on their care/nat history; also another on Moellendorff's Ratsnake, which is often found in/near caves, best Frank

http://blogs.thatpetplace.com/thatre.../#.U1mlRld8qpE

http://bit.ly/1gVra0W

Old 04-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #17
zookeeperfrank
Quote:
I've been trying to find information for these guys for months!! does anyone own a couple or at least one, that they can give me tips for caring for them? There certainly beautiful and amazing creatures, I have a few questions about them though.:
what type of habitat or set up would they need?
Anything special i need to do for this species?
How should i care for them? (for example: everything they need to survive) i'm a first time snake owner so i would like to know as much as i can (its hard finding information about this species) before making the purchase for my snake.

thanks in advance for reading and answering my questions
Sorry, omitted link to part II, best , Frank

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!