Where is..... - Page 48 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 08:01 PM   #471
nicolai
Dont lock it rich, return of the "zombie horse 3" is ready for release.

Old 11-27-2005, 09:04 PM   #472
Chris@TSE
there will always be another unfortunately........................

Old 11-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #473
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Why close it? I'm still working on a reply (kinda busy though, guess the too much time on my hands assumption was another missed mark).
Well gee, that certainly gives me incentive to leave it open! Well look on the bright side, my closing it may save you from more warning points....

The original topic matter is no longer relevant, as the original poster is no longer with us. All this developed into was a big bash fest which I believe now needs to end.

This thread is closed and in case you haven't noticed yet, moved to the FaunaClassifieds Feedback forum.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:59 PM   #474
WebSlave
The ZOMBIE horse rises again...........

OK, I caught wind of that message in this thread that Rozann posted that contained a private email I sent to Wes Pollock being passed around the net. I deleted it instantly (without reading it) when I saw that it was from Wes (who is banned) and Rozann had not asked to be able to pass through messages from him on this site. Not sure who is painting it with a damning paint brush, but I think I could hazard a pretty good guess. Someone was kind enough to forward it on to me, so I am going to go ahead an post it here, for those who may not be on the troll line and got it already:

Quote:
serpenco <rich@serpenco.com> wrote:

Heck, I'm just disappointed, that's all. I always treated Dan as a confidant and asked his opinions about things. I thought for certain his level headedness would see that I was painted into a corner and there really was no way out other then the path I took. I can't remember the exact details of what he suggested (there were a LOT of them), but I believe he was insisting that I could make this work by simply charging for the classifieds. I may be wrong about this, so bear with me. Quite frankly, I just did not agree with that. The classifieds just were not pulling the kind of traffic needed to get people willing to pay to use it. That was the flat out truth of the matter. I tested the waters with those $1 per hit highlighting options and I did not even make enough money off of it to pay for the programming time to have it implemented. It was cheap, very easy to do, and completely under-utilized. So charging people a fee just to use the classifieds would have been the kiss of death for the classifieds section completely. I'm sure some people will disagree with that, but I just had to go with my gut feelings. I'm the one who would catch the shit rolling downhill if I chose wrong on this. There was no malice on my part rejecting ANYONE's suggestions. Matter of fact, I had sincerely hoped someone would come up with something that I had not even thought of. I had been running this thing through my mind for YEARS simply as a solution for the garbage logons in the BOI. I knew that until I could bring that under control, the BOI was never really going to get over the hump as far as credibility goes. I was groping for some way to solve that problem, but just never really felt people would pay to do that, so I just kept it on the back burner. It wasn't until I hit bottom and realized that I just DIDN'T want to do this any longer without some suitable compensation that I figured I would kill two birds with this one stone. It solved both problems nicely, in my opinion.

Yes, I would have let the site fade into oblivion, if that is the way people chose it. And no, I would not have been happy at all at seeing all of my hard work go down the drain after all this time. That's why I was so tightly wrapped about it. I was having to make decisions that could make or break the site. That is not any easy thing for anyone to do. I took the criticism personally, because hell, it WAS personal. It was MY site, and MY decisions! Why wouldn't I feel they were personal attacks? I had people telling me that I OWED it to everyone to do this for free. Had people suggest getting cheaper servers and THAT would solve the problems. And they were getting PERSONALLY pissed at me because I told them, that their suggestions just would not work, or no, I disagree with their assessment. And then Dan jumps right in there with that same crowd using the same arguments.

Oh, about Jay Owens. Damn it, Wes, I don't know what to do. Yes, I agree that Jay is a problem. It really irks me that he really doesn't do anything to support the site and just seems to flit in now and again. But how do I demand of someone to put more time and effort into a free endeavor? Being a moderator is a real bucket of shit on that site. Those guys catch a lot of flak, get death threads, email bombed and all kinds of crap. For what? To help me with my site and I'm going to kick them in the teeth and tell them to give me even more? How the hell do I do that without sounding like a 24 carat prick? Ken Harbart is going through some personal turmoil, as is Dennis Thomas. Both of them aren't really putting in that much more time then Jay has lately. But am I supposed to fault them for having their personal lives get in the way? I know Jay has said he is really tied up with re-entering his practice and last I heard his father was suffering from some severe medical problems. I'm sorry, but I just can't beat up on these guys because someone may think they need to put in more effort then they are seeing.

As far as Robin vs Jay Owens goes, quite honestly she deserves it. She is purposely abrasive, loves to rub people the wrong way, and doesn't have a lick of common courtesy. I have wanted to boot her ass off of the site so many times I have lost count.. So how can I realistically say to Jay, "Hey, I think you are being to harsh on Robin." I really don't believe it for an instant. I look at those reported posts, and quite honestly, Jay merely assesses the points before I would have gotten to them and done the same exact thing. Robin just practically needs her own personal moderator.

Then there is Lucille. What the heck do people have against her, anyway? She is by far putting more effort into promoting my site then any 10 other people combined. And yet people are beating her up over it. Yeah, she does hit a wrong chord sometimes, but getting it right 9 times out of 10 shouldn't have people pissing all over her for that one time she goes a bit overboard. Robin apparently has a burr under her saddle about her. I've seriously considered making Lucille a moderator as an effective way to get Robin booted off of the site. Robin would obviously go ballistic, and after only a few warnings about antagonizing a moderator, I could give her the boot. I mean, look around. How many controversies does Robin wind up getting into the middle of? When you see a rash of problems, it helps to look for a common denominator.

Anyway, getting late and I have some work I need to do.

Sorry about the length of this. Obviously this stuff has me worked up over it. But I guess I painted myself into another corner. Now I can't just pull the plug and tell everyone to kiss my ass. Now I OWE them what they have paid for............

I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh out loud, but I just can't believe that Wes Pollock (Wilomn) would have violated a trust like that and made public a private email I sent to him. Now just what does that say about the scruples of a person like that to violate a trust in that manner? And don't you just have to ask WHY he would have done something like that? Someone just posted recently in this thread the following:

Quote:
Incapable, no. Inspired, no. Wes doesn't have a bee in his bonnet over this. Believe it or not, I've not heard one negative peep from Wes about FC or you, Rich. As a matter of fact, Wes still stands behind FC as a good site when asked by others.
I don't know, I sort of feel an inkling of a conflict in that statement and the apparent intent of making that private email public. Just what WAS his goal in doing such a thing, I wonder?

The guy (in my opinion) obviously weaseled himself into my confidence and apparently was hoarding this message from me in the hopes of using it in some damaging manner later on. Well, heck, if that's the best he can do, maybe he should stay in the minor leagues. Honest, I am absolutely CRUSHED by this revelation........

Anyway, I felt I needed to post this here to keep it from getting blown up into something worse then it already is. And to the one who sent it to me, THANKS, I did need that laugh today.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:07 AM   #475
Chris@TSE
darnitall...... i feel left out rich.........

Old 11-28-2005, 12:18 AM   #476
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
darnitall...... i feel left out rich.........
LOL! Maybe I talked about you to someone else who will post the email......

Old 11-28-2005, 01:52 AM   #477
PaulSage
I really don't know why I keep reading this thread, but I can't help it. At first I was curious about where Wes was, or what he was up to since I've never talked to him outside of Fauna. Then a few conspiracy theories arose that really made me question my perception and esteem for a few people. I don't like that.

I understand and respect the Acting as a proxy for a banned/suspended member rule. However, this rather in-depth discussion about someone whom is not able to offer their rebuttal bothers me--especially because it seems the person's character and ethics are being discussed. Afterall, isn't there a clause that allows non-paid members to respond to a post about them on the BOI? I'm not requesting that Wes be allowed to respond, in fact, I am withdrawing my pledge to bring him back (was posted in hell). It would appear that there's more to this whole conflict than I could ever understand. I respect Rich's decision to post that email, and can understand (I think) why he would feel it needed to be addressed. FWIW, I would have done the same thing.

I think that locking this thread would be in the best interest of Fauna and it's members--past and present. I've seen similar conflict arise here that always seem to end with people getting extremely ticked-off and bitter about one thing or another and I just think it's unnecessary. Drop the horse back in it's grave and pave the dang thing over.

Old 11-28-2005, 01:58 AM   #478
KelliH
Quote:
I think that locking this thread would be in the best interest of Fauna and it's members--past and present.
Yes, please Rich, just lock the damn thing. Ughh.

Old 11-28-2005, 02:04 AM   #479
WebSlave
OK. I just wanted to leave it open for a brief period after posting that email. I felt bound to offer at least some opportunity for people to make comment about it if they felt something needed clarification.

If such is the case, then simply PM me and I will discuss it with you that way.

This horse is now dead, buried, a stake through the heart, and decapitated. The paving over begins now.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread