Does Everyone who is Suspended..... - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #211
jsrocket
Ok, man, don't want to jinx anything, but now I'm off to bed.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #212
critical bill
Now he layeth down to sleep...we pray the lord his soul to keep. Let angels watch him through the night till rocket wakes to morning light. Amen.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #213
Dragondad
Ok, given the recent activity of bannings and suspensions I noticed that something Wes brought up is out there.

Jasballs and Wilomn are banned, as of this writting. Neither lost their Karma points and they are in blue when you see their posts.

Necroguy(not name but hate all the typing). Is fined and suspended. He pays to get back on and his Karma took the hit. He is also in blue when you view his posts.

Lucille, is fined and suspended and not in blue, and she also has not had a karma hit, (probably a worse punishment for her than paying).

So could someone please explain the standard of the "your outta here" structure???

Old 05-21-2007, 08:05 PM   #214
WebSlave
Different tools with different results. Any system mod and myself can BAN a member for any period of time from 1 day to forever. There are no other sanctions involved with a BAN.

When someone is suspended with the warning system, they are effectively banned until they pay the fine. There is also a karma point hit associated with this method of management. Lucille should have been hit with negative karma points when she was suspended. This is done automatically via the code written for this module and is not optional. But I believe the AMOUNT of negative karma might be the issue. When I originally reset the karma system and adjusted the parameters for figuring out the "power" associated with each member, the negative hit was made correspondingly low because the karma levels for all members was relatively low. Recently I re-evaluated this situation and with karma levels on some people getting pretty high, I made the negative karma hit for being suspended relatively high enough to be more of a sting for anyone who triggered that sanction for their behavior here.

There are other tools on hand which I rarely use, but they are there if I need them. Banning IP addresses is sometimes used when someone will bypass a suspension by creating a new account. Accounts, along with all posts, can be deleted completely, if felt justified. Or EVERY post can be put into a queue pending approval prior to becoming public.

So with the above in mind, Jasballs and Wilomn were banned for three days. Necrophilia (or whatever) as well as Lucille, were suspended pending paying a fine.

As far as when and why each of the above tools will be used, it is completely up to the discretion of the site mods and myself. Depends on the circumstances and how they (and I) choose to use the tools here.

Hope that explains it somewhat.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #215
Dragondad
I think I understand the answer and thank you.

I just seems, based on what I see when you cross her karma with your cursor that her hit was less than 200, granted the number I see isnt totally acurate. And she is still yellow not blue like the rest.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!