Moderator (s) needed - apply within, please. - Page 36 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #351
Laura Fopiano
Hi my name is Laura Fopiano. Like Rick C. I was born and raised in So. Cal. in Orange county.

I started keeping herps in 1967. I was lucky to have a tolerant mother. In order to care for my pets I had to study behavior as there was little to no information available. Back then they called anoles chameleons and were sold at 5 and dime stores, however, the bulk of my collection were all field collected by me. I was lucky to have a grand mother that lived in the high desert where the bulk of my reptiles were obtained.

As I got older I still went into the field but caught and released my favorite treasures. I got my first Jackson chameleon in 1978, he was my pride and joy.

Like my other nominee's I have kept a wide variety of reptiles. I was the President of Southern California Herpetology Association from 2001-2004. As a club our responsibility was education and conservation. We did a lot of school and hands on presentations. My love of education made it very easy for me to talk about and teach responsible ownership and handling techniques to herpers of all ages.

I have been keeping and breeding boa constrictors for 10 years now. I was introduced to fauna through a club member and I will be forever grateful. This has been my home since 2002 and although I may lurk on a couple of other sites, I will always be here.
I have had the pleasure of meeting many members here through reptile shows in So Cal.

In 2005 my 10 year marriage ended and I really thought it was the end of me. Members here held my hand through fauna chat and phone lines. They held me up when I couldn't. They loved me until I was able to love myself. And through that rough time, I met my partner in chat (where else) I am now co-owner of BnL Exotix, in where our main focus is boa constrictors and a small colony of leopard geckos.

My ultimate passion is still field herping. I am constantly searching for new treasures in west-central Georgia where I have lived for the past 3 years.

In my 7 years here, I have seen many members come and go. This site has been the one constant in my ever changing life.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #352
WebSlave
OK, thanks everyone. I'm going to lock this thread and move on to the next steps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread