Can't seem to reply in my own threads... - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #91
Angel Rojas
Thumbs up

Well I just talked to DAND for a good half hour and I must say that It is clear to me now lol. I do believe that contributing memebers should have perks that registered memebers don't, and If that means the ability to bump an ad up more times in a given time period then I'm all for it.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #92
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Rojas View Post
I can see that the tone of my keystrokes are being shown in a different light than what my heart feels. So if anyone would like to talk about it and then post how they felt, I'm more than happy 267-882-5350
Done and done. It was nice talking to you Angel and I am glad I was able to help you understand things a little better.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #93
Angel Rojas
WOW, first I was green now I'm red. All this bad karma from having a debate. I think this karma crap, like the ad bumps, is overly abused also

Old 10-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #94
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
I'm not complaining at all, as the bumps were getting a little ridiculous.

I wonder if it would be possible to have it so threads could be replied to w/o bumping up the thread? This way questions could be publicly addressed/answered for all to see (if it warrants a public response), but still keep it from bumping.
Sorry, but this needs to be as automated as possible, otherwise the moderators will all quit in frustration having to read all of the posts made in the classifieds section to do what needs to be done. I realize that not everyone has programming experience under their belt, but trying to write code to determine if a reply is simply bumping or a legitimate post is pretty nigh impossible to do.

Quote:
Well I thought that it was a very bad statement. I can only speak for myself, but when you have bills, 2 large retics to feed and house, pitbulls and cats, It can cost a good penny. Not to mention 3 kids, one of which will be in college soon. Hell, I had to quit smoking because of these things. And like I stated before, If this was going to be a paid memeber's only site, then that's the way it should have started. As far as big breeders here, there are plenty of them here, just look in the classifieds. If you are selling or own a 2,000-10,000 snake that's in your collection, you are more than a hobbyist. That's an investment animal that you plan on breeding
You do not have to use a paid membership to advertise here. But if you want to bump your ad, then yes, that perk will require that expenditure to gain that ability. I'm just curious how you took that molehill and blew it up into your eyes to be construed that this meant this site was now, or going to be, a paid members only site. I really am curious about how you made such a twist in conceptual logic to come to that kind of a conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Angel... one thing to keep in mind. I dropped around $13,000 on my business last year (I didn't buy any BP morphs).... so yeah... Im gonna take offense when Rich starts talking about limiting my ability to push my ads. Im gonna try my best to see that the paying members are not affected by this change.
No offense, but what you spent somewhere for your business really has no relevance in how I have to run this site in order to make it the best I can for the most members here. I am trying to make this site attractive to paying members, but not to the detriment of the entire site in general in that pursuit. Please don't be looking for perfection from your perspective, because I am trying to get as close to perfection as technically and reasonably possible from as many perspectives as possible.

Quote:
Not only do I pay here... but I pay to advertise on KS. If my advertising is limited... then so is my sales.
And I believe it is a smart idea to advertise in as many places and in as many ways as possible. Anyone limiting themselves to a single avenue for advertising is being very short sighted. Your time and money really HAS to be spent wisely.

Quote:
One thing that I have noticed is alot of folks that are producing babies for the first year are selling them for pennies on the dollar... and this hurts the market and everyone in the industry. What I dont get is why anyone would list an animal that retails on the low end for $30-40 and then try to sell them here for $8-10... and just keep bumping and bumping and bumping.
Realistically, there is nothing that can be done about that. Certainly this site will never engage in any sort of price fixing and dictating that anyone sell anything at some prescribed pricing structure to satisfy some arbitrary "market price" as determined from some committee of self interested sellers. Not trying to be condescending here, but that sort of thing is just not reasonable for any site to engage in, and probably isn't legal.

Quote:
Your right... If you only sell a few animals a year. This year I produced around 115 animals.... next year it will be somewhere between that and 150. So would you consider me a hobbiest. Im giving my business an honest go of things.

You want to talk about higher tiers..... at the $100 level you can only bump 1.6 ads per month (30 day month). I can bump 6 ads per day per section for that same $100 on KS.

Tell me where my advertising $$ is better spent
You have to make your own decisions about how your advertising money is best spent to get the results you seek. But if you use the capability of the number of bumps you can get for your dollars, well, that just sounds odd to me. Do the additional bumps get you more sales? I'm curious to know, because everyone tries to seek out strategies that work, and if increasing the number of bumps produces a substantial increase in sales for advertisers, then I want to have this in mind when I consider how I want to change that number for paid members on this site.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #95
Southern Wolf
Quote:
WOW, first I was green now I'm red. All this bad karma from having a debate. I think this karma crap, like the ad bumps, is overly abused also
I think you have been red for a while now... and I didn't do it

Old 10-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #96
DAND
Quote:
Unfortunately those who turn or who are normally in the red think it is abused. Debate or not it is what and how you say things. If someone thinks you are out of line, disrespectful or just being an ass (and no, I am not implying you were) they will give you negative karma. On the other hand if you make a good point or have a good idea they in turn can give you positive karma. It's all in how you try and make your point. Yeah, I have green dots but I think twice before I hit the Submit Reply button every time nonetheless.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #97
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
I wonder if it would be possible to have it so threads could be replied to w/o bumping up the thread? This way questions could be publicly addressed/answered for all to see (if it warrants a public response), but still keep it from bumping.
This was actually one of the first solutions that we looked at...unfortunately, in addition to Rich's explanation, there would have been a conflict in how the bump feature is set up.

Quote:
You want to talk about higher tiers..... at the $100 level you can only bump 1.6 ads per month (30 day month). I can bump 6 ads per day per section for that same $100 on KS.

Tell me where my advertising $$ is better spent
Actually, you seem to be incorrect on a couple of points here, Kevin. According to http://www.pethobbyist.com/services/classified.php, one is limited to 3 ads per section, per day. (I know that is the case for my own account).
At the $100 level here, you get 100 bumps per month...so 3 per day, plus a handful. However, you can post an unlimited number of ads - the only thing restricted is the number of bumps.
As far as where your advertising dollars are better spent, that sort of depends on how many sales your money generates, how much use you get out of the site, etc. Besides, the membership here does offer other benefits aside from the classifieds.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #98
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
No offense, but what you spent somewhere for your business really has no relevance in how I have to run this site in order to make it the best I can for the most members here. I am trying to make this site attractive to paying members, but not to the detriment of the entire site in general in that pursuit. Please don't be looking for perfection from your perspective, because I am trying to get as close to perfection as technically and reasonably possible from as many perspectives as possible.
That was put out there to show that I have a greater interest in the way the advertising is done here vs someone that only produces one clutch of babies as a hobby. Just like there are folks here that have even more money/time tied up in their collections than I do.

Quote:
And I believe it is a smart idea to advertise in as many places and in as many ways as possible. Anyone limiting themselves to a single avenue for advertising is being very short sighted. Your time and money really HAS to be spent wisely.
Agreed.... thus another reason why Im being vocal in this thread. Its not to be a pain in the butt... but rather looking out for my bottom line and what would be best for my advertising dollars.

Quote:
Realistically, there is nothing that can be done about that. Certainly this site will never engage in any sort of price fixing and dictating that anyone sell anything at some prescribed pricing structure to satisfy some arbitrary "market price" as determined from some committee of self interested sellers. Not trying to be condescending here, but that sort of thing is just not reasonable for any site to engage in, and probably isn't legal.
Im not asking you to... I understand all about free market.... and I normally dont vent (publically anyways) about folks selling their animals pennies on the dollar... but in this instance I felt it was warrented to get my point across.

Quote:
You have to make your own decisions about how your advertising money is best spent to get the results you seek. But if you use the capability of the number of bumps you can get for your dollars, well, that just sounds odd to me. Do the additional bumps get you more sales? I'm curious to know, because everyone tries to seek out strategies that work, and if increasing the number of bumps produces a substantial increase in sales for advertisers, then I want to have this in mind when I consider how I want to change that number for paid members on this site.
I dont think its odd. That allows you to keep your ads more visible. More visible = more sales. Otherwise... why would you keep hearing/seeing the same commercials all the time on the TV and Radio.

If more visiblitly doesn't equal more sales... then why do advertisers pay for multiple spots during a 30 min tv show

Old 10-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #99
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Actually, you seem to be incorrect on a couple of points here, Kevin. According to http://www.pethobbyist.com/services/classified.php, one is limited to 3 ads per section, per day. (I know that is the case for my own account).
At the $100 level here, you get 100 bumps per month...so 3 per day, plus a handful. However, you can post an unlimited number of ads - the only thing restricted is the number of bumps.
As far as where your advertising dollars are better spent, that sort of depends on how many sales your money generates, how much use you get out of the site, etc. Besides, the membership here does offer other benefits aside from the classifieds.
Harald... I am currently advertising there... and they need to update that page. You have 6 ads per day per section

Just like according to this page

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541

you only get 50 bumps for your $100

Old 10-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #100
hhmoore
Huh - I would have sworn it was 100 at that level - I knew I should have gone back and looked
Sorry about that

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!