About the Trader's Ratings - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Should the Trader's Ratings be changed to allow ALL members to give ratings?
Yes, allow ALL registered members to give ratings. 43 40.19%
No, keep it as it is with only paying members being able to give ratings. 64 59.81%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #41
Indyvai
As is...

Old 04-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #42
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Actually my thoughts on it are irrelevant at this point. I am just tired of hearing complaints about non paying members being unable to use the Traders Ratings, so I have now placed the decision in YOUR hands. I will accept it no matter which way the coin lands. I don't think I can be any fairer about it. After the voting ends (April 30th), any further complaints about it, either way will simply get the URL to this thread and the end of the discussion as far as I am concerned.
Irrelevant or not, you are the maker of this site; the rules set forth, by you, should be respected and followed. Your current response should be to send them here or here. Those links are pretty self explanatory.

I am really beginning to despise the new generation & their sense of entitlement. I want everything, without working for it. The fact you are getting emails about this is very sad.

When I started buying from members here, I wanted to leave more than a thread on BOI, so I donated money & left trader ratings for those members. I like this site a lot, so I continue to donate/pay for my membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
As some of you know, we are working on adding a "perk" exclusive to paid members. We are trying to randomly select and feature classified ads by paid membership on Fauna Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/FaunaClassifieds
I knew someone was behind this. Thank you Robert!

Old 04-05-2015, 03:34 PM   #43
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I appreciate that effort, Robert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Thanks for all of your help here, Robert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I knew someone was behind this. Thank you Robert!
You all are very welcome. Just like most of you, we all pitch in and do our part to help this Fauna community we love

Old 04-09-2015, 08:13 PM   #44
Mistyck
I voted for keeping it as it is.

Though I don't buy all too much if at all any longer, I see how the system could be abused. I think it would best to not open up a can of worms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
I think we should change it to in favor of everyone being able to give feedback, and force Harald to babysit every single person across the whole site
You're bein ornery... LOL

Old 04-09-2015, 08:17 PM   #45
WebSlave
Voting at this point is 24 FOR, and 49 AGAINST changing the Traders Ratings.

That's 73 votes out of 1,386 views to this thread and 4,980 total views to the announcements about the poll in the classified forums. In other words, apparently most people really don't give a crap either way.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:48 PM   #46
EastCoastArboreals
Allow all members to give a rating if they have at least 50 real posts. A few sites I visit for instance only allow you to see and use the classifieds section is you have 50 posts. If someone bypasses that by posting bs posts, a mod should be able to delete that rating and ban the user.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:41 AM   #47
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastArboreals View Post
Allow all members to give a rating if they have at least 50 real posts. A few sites I visit for instance only allow you to see and use the classifieds section is you have 50 posts. If someone bypasses that by posting bs posts, a mod should be able to delete that rating and ban the user.
Thanks for the suggestion, but no, I'm not interested in putting even more custom code into this particular function.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:57 PM   #48
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Irrelevant or not, you are the maker of this site; the rules set forth, by you, should be respected and followed. Your current response should be to send them here or here. Those links are pretty self explanatory.

I am really beginning to despise the new generation & their sense of entitlement. I want everything, without working for it. The fact you are getting emails about this is very sad.

When I started buying from members here, I wanted to leave more than a thread on BOI, so I donated money & left trader ratings for those members. I like this site a lot, so I continue to donate/pay for my membership

100%

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 05-01-2015, 03:14 AM   #49
WebSlave
OK, the poll has been closed. Final tally is 43 saying YES to open the Trader's Ratings to all members, and 64 saying NO, to keep it as it is with only paying members being able to rate members in that manner.

This is the second poll about this, with the same results as the first one.

This case is closed. It will stay as it is.

Thank you to all who bothered to participate.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:19 PM   #50
Guy Castro
Make that 65!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!