Tentative list of membership options. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:09 PM   #21
Wraith
Question

Quote:
Free - status = "registered member"

[*] + Cannot edit profile

Ok, why would you want to deny people the ability to edit their profiles (regardless of whatever perceived level you dole out)? People change, information changes. If you are looking to cut down your workload, forcing people to contact you and ask you to change their info doesn't seem like a good way to lighten that load - you are just adding to the pile.

Adrian

Old 02-09-2005, 10:26 PM   #22
Sasheena
GUESTS cannot view the BOI... if you register (FREE) you can access and search and view the BOI... just can't post.

that's the way I read it.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:32 PM   #23
Sasheena
I didn't notice if chatting was on any of the tiers. Will it be?

BTW, I think that I tremendous about of thought and work has gone into creating something that is equitable, has the best chance of making this site grow stronger, and help out financially all at the same time. If I hadn't already contributed, I would be doing it again.

Okay, so nobody is twisting my arm, I could easily contribute more...

Oh yeah, that's why I have a GREAT auction going in the Fauna Fund... 4 furry fuzzy lizards (well they're beanie babies)... auction ends Saturday (or is that Friday?) in any case... it ends soon. Help me help fauna!

Old 02-09-2005, 10:43 PM   #24
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Ok, why would you want to deny people the ability to edit their profiles (regardless of whatever perceived level you dole out)? People change, information changes. If you are looking to cut down your workload, forcing people to contact you and ask you to change their info doesn't seem like a good way to lighten that load - you are just adding to the pile.

Adrian
Yeah, that's one of the many points that I am still pondering over how best to handle it. I may have to change that one simply because there is no way to selectively choose some of the fields and options I would like to reserve for paying members. And to be honest, there may be some things I will have to change after the fact when I get feedback from how it impacts some people. I'm trying the best I can to get a good balance of options, but I'm sure there are going to be some rough spots ahead.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:45 PM   #25
bcfos
Ok I'll put this one out there. If i pony up and pay $250.00 can I have the pleasure of unlimited use of the "F" word? That or dish out points like a MOFO.....

Old 02-09-2005, 10:58 PM   #26
WebSlave
Ouch!

Well, THAT wasn't supposed to happen! The new icon was supposed to replace the old one for Contributors.

Sigh.......
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2005, 11:02 PM   #27
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Personally, I doubt I will see anyone actually bite at the Endowment level. But I felt like giving people a high hurtle to strive for if they are inclined to do so.
I'll bite but can we include what has already been donated thus far?

I mean for the first year so far.

Old 02-09-2005, 11:14 PM   #28
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
I'll bite but can we include what has already been donated thus far?

I mean for the first year so far.
I was waiting for that question.

What you are talking about is an upgrade from a current level. Well, I don't know. Personally I doubt that the system can handle this automatically as it stands right now. Without taking a lot of time going over the details that the system would have to be able to do to accomodate this, I think it is doubtful without some custom programming thrown in there. The problem here is that it could easily be a case of diminishing returns for the effort (and cost) it would take to implement it.

I guess I could sidestep it easily NOW, but simply lowering the price accordingly to the two higher levels for present Contributors, but let's wait and see what happens through the weekend when I try to pull all of this together, shall we? It may be a non-issue after the dust has settled.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:27 AM   #29
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfos
And I wonder who would be getting points..........
Not me, But make a list if you feel the need

Old 02-10-2005, 12:34 AM   #30
Manhattan Herps
guess not then

if i had the 25$ to become a contributing member i'd do it in a heartbeat..although i probably could come up with it somehow..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!