Tentative list of membership options. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:25 AM   #51
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconis
I don't post much unless I have something relevant to say, but I have followed this thread and have not heard mention of how you are going to pass this info on to the general memebership (ie- those who don't log on every day). There is already a thread that I look at to see what's going on. It's titled "Stay on top of what is going on on this site". I look at the date. If that hasn't changed I figure there is nothing new going on on this site.

If I hadn't seen your new "rant" column for "stuff that no one will read unless it is in the BOI" I would never have found this thread at all. Perhaps I am blind and it is posted somewhere, but if I am not macular degenerate in my old age I would indeed like to know how this info is going to be passed out. Mass e-mails or what?

Thanks for your patience, Rich. I am going to contribute just as soon as all the "bugs" are dead!
Well there really is no easy way to do that. I could send out a general broadcast email to all registered members who have not opted out of it, but I would probably get 5,000 bounced emails from people who have let their email address info go out of date on this system.

So yeah, I am probaby going to get a LOT of emails after implementation from people who don't have a clue about what has happened.

Oh as for your waiting for the date on that "Stay on top of what is going on on this site" thread to change, that would only happen if THAT particular thread is modified. The date there has no relationship at all to the dates actually within the Feedback forum.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:28 AM   #52
reptilebreeder
Well, WS replied, while I was 2 finger typing my post, so don't mind my post.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:33 AM   #53
Sasheena
Quote:
But on the other, 500 posts is a LOT for someone to do just on a whim to bypass that $10 fee.
One weekend I said to myself, "I'm going to make 100 meaningful posts to fauna this weekend." I read nearly every forum of even the slightest interest. I think I posted 30 posts! I think that a "super troll" would be incredibly obvious, and if this were pointed out to Rich, he may end up having to come up with something. If it was obvious trolling, my thought is that he would end up suspended and fined before he reached 500 posts.... having to pay $10 just to get back on to go on his/her rampage of trolling... to bypass paying the $10 membership fee. Basically a troll is a troll is a troll. YES... someone WILL try it at some point. I doubt it would be successful.

I believe that the 500 posts thing is a good way to give kudos to those who are already avid users of this site (obvious by the amount of posts they've made) and avoid kicking them just because they choose not to pay the fee. I think that the end result is a fair and equitable system.

Old 02-11-2005, 02:12 PM   #54
KathyLove
I agree..

Both possibilities I mentioned are probably not very likely - just wanted to see what anyone else thought of the chance of them becoming troublesome.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:32 AM   #55
Glenn Bartley
Someone do me a favor please: When all this is set in stone - please send me an email at gbarthgwt@aol.com so I will know if I want remain as a registered and contributing member or not.

I cannot see reading another many multiple pages pages in this thread, and another many pages in another thread about the "Final Poll", and another many more in a thread yet to come. I give up.

Rich good luck whatever you decide. I hope there is some type of big announcement and maybe an email to all the current registered users about whatever the fee schedule winds up being.

Thanks,
GlennB

Old 02-12-2005, 10:19 AM   #56
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyLove
They probably aren't important concerns, but thought I would toss them out for discussion.

1. Do you think a "free basic ($10) membership" to those who post at least 500 times would be enough incentive for some trolls to go crazy with silly posts just to make the 500 mark for a freebie?

It takes way too much effort to post 500 posts - even in a short time period - just to get a freebee. If a troll is willing to waste several days or weeks doing that in order to have access to some stuff he could not have under the free catagories, he has by all accounts earned it LOL. Money is not going to deter the true trolls or problem individuals - they will either pay it and have their fun or work around it and have their fun.

The ones being taken advantage of in all of this are the members who come to the site but don't necessairly spend their lives here on this one site making post after post hoping to be considered one of the "in-crowd" or that looked-forward-to-the-latest-antics-troll.

I have been coming to this site for almost as long as it's been in existance, but only recently felt the need to bother register (the BOI for example switched gears and required registration to view). I can take all of the posts I've made on this site and add them in with posts I've made on forums from other websites from the last 2 years and STILL not be able to reach the "500-post" mark. I honestly prefer to read more than post, but I like having the option to post when I feel the need for it. It will take several years for me to come by this freebee "honestly" and chances are it will never happen because the only forums a "registered" member will have access to are the forums I don't have a need to use or post on (and I am sure there are others like me out there). The forums that draw my attention to this site - enough so that I am even willing to post once in a while - are the ones I'll be locked out of posting to, but not viewing. So in effect I'll be one of many people who gets lost by the wayside due to a capricious nature of hopping from website to website and posting here and there when the urge hits.

Adrian

Old 02-14-2005, 02:19 AM   #57
WebSlave
OK, I tried to put all of the options into a table so all of the options and how they are enabled or disabled for each user group will be easier to understand (I hope!)

<table width="100%" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bordercolor="#AEAEAE" style="border-collapse: collapse" bgcolor="#EAEAEA"><tr bgcolor="#A7D67A"><td align="center"><strong><font color="#686868"></font></strong></td><td align="center"><strong>Visitor/Guest/<br>Not logged in</strong></td><td align="center"><strong>Registered<br>member</strong></td><td align="center"><strong>Participant</strong></td><td align="center"><strong>Contributor</strong></td><td align="center"><strong>Benefactor</strong></td><td align="center"><strong>Endowment</strong></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2" bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="left"><strong><font color="#686868">Yearly Fee</font></strong></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">none</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">none</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">$10.00</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">$25.00</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">$100.00</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">$250.00</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2" bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="left"><strong><font color="#686868">Can view threads on BOI</font></strong></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2" bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="left"><strong><font color="#686868">Can POST threads and replies on the BOI</font></strong></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Can view posts in other restricted forums<br>(Lonely Hearts Club, Web Watch, Consumer Reports, Police Blotter, and HELL Forums.)</font></strong></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td> <td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2" height="12"><strong><font color="#686868">Can post threads and replies in other restricted forums</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2" height="12"><strong><font color="#686868">Can view threads in ALL other non-restricted forums</font></strong></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2" height="12"><strong><font color="#686868">Can view, post threads and replies in ALL other non-restricted forums</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2" bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="left"><strong><font color="#686868">Ability to have avatars and profile photos</font></strong></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2" bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="left"><strong><font color="#686868">Abiltiy to participate in Fauna Fund auctions</font></strong></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2" bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="left"><strong><font color="#686868">Ability to give positive reputation points</font></strong></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2" bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="left"><strong><font color="#686868">Ability to give negative reputation points</font></strong></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2" bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="left"><strong><font color="#686868">Can display signature area</font></strong></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center"></td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><td bordercolor="#B2B2B2" align="center">X</td><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#575757">Avatar size limit in pixels</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">50x50</td><td align="center">160x160</td><td align="center">160x160</td><td align="center">160x160</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#575757">Avatar size limit in kbytes</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">20</td><td align="center">40</td><td align="center">40</td><td align="center">40</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Profile picture size in pixels</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">100x100</td><td align="center">160x160</td><td align="center">160x160</td><td align="center">160x160</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Profile picture size in kbytes</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">20</td><td align="center">40</td><td align="center">40</td><td align="center">40</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868"># of allowed stored private messages</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">20</td><td align="center">50</td><td align="center">75</td><td align="center">125</td><td align="center">250</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Upload attachment (photos) limit in forums in megabytes</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">1</td><td align="center">unlimited</td><td align="center">unlimited</td><td align="center">unlimited</td><td align="center">unlimited</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Upload photos limit in photo gallery in megabytes</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">1</td><td align="center">5</td><td align="center">10</td><td align="center">50</td><td align="center">unlimited</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Can post, edit, and delete public calendar events</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Can vote on polls in the BOI Good Guy Certification Forum </font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Can be accepted as a "Certified Good Guy" in the BOI Good Guy Certification Forum </font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Can view and post in the Steering Committee Forum</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Registered user name changes permitted</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Can view members name who left reputation point comments</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Can view other member's info</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Can create custom member titles</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Can edit and delete own posts in discussion forums</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Ability to view IP addresses on posts</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">Ability to move and open/close their own threads in discussion forums</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#E2E2E2"><strong><font color="#686868">*FREE* FaunaNet website hosting</font></strong></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td><td align="center">X</td></tr></table>

Old 02-14-2005, 02:23 AM   #58
Intense Herpetoculture
Do you have a date yet when you're going to set this all into place?

Old 02-14-2005, 02:32 AM   #59
KathyLove
Very nice table...

easy to read and understand everything in one simple page.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:19 AM   #60
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Herpetoculture
Do you have a date yet when you're going to set this all into place?
I had thought it would be this past weekend, but that didn't happen. Perhaps I should send a broadcast email to all registered members about this and let those people who rarely come here know what is going on. But heck, if they do show up here that rarely, then does it really matter? No matter what I do, I am certain I am going to get inundated with emails from people who suddenly find that they can't do something they used to be able to do yesterday.... And I am sure they aren't going to be happy about it now costing them $10 for what used to be a freebie.

So I guess the most accurate answer I can give at this time is "as soon as I can".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!