Fauna, the BOI, and Favouritism... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-07-2005, 06:30 AM   #61
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
So just how long have we been hearing that "clique" tune? (ps, it's NOT CLICK people)

That's why, I didn't know.
I am part of a "clique" not a "click".

Thank you Rich for clearing that up!

*Public service announcement* In regards to recent talk on the BOI I feel the need to express that the following message will be of my own free will and is not in anyway directed by any "Clique Leader" or because the majority of the posters feel this way*

With that said

NO THANK YOU BRUCE!

Old 05-07-2005, 06:36 AM   #62
Xelda
The only reason why my confidence in the BOI has wavered recently is that there are A LOT of people who don't post their bad experiences on here. Indeed, I've been misled by some good guy threads on here that ended up in less than satisfactory results for me. Now here's the catch: Even I hesitate to post my negative experiences on the BOI and probably for the same reason other people don't. I don't want 50 vigilantes jumping on my back because it looks like I'm the first person to have a bad experience with the breeder/company. Sometimes I'm up for the challenge, but sometimes I know it just won't go anywhere. The 20+ page threads of mocking insults really do diminish the professionalism of the BOI.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:05 AM   #63
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelda
The only reason why my confidence in the BOI has wavered recently is that there are A LOT of people who don't post their bad experiences on here. Indeed, I've been misled by some good guy threads on here that ended up in less than satisfactory results for me. Now here's the catch: Even I hesitate to post my negative experiences on the BOI and probably for the same reason other people don't. I don't want 50 vigilantes jumping on my back because it looks like I'm the first person to have a bad experience with the breeder/company. Sometimes I'm up for the challenge, but sometimes I know it just won't go anywhere. The 20+ page threads of mocking insults really do diminish the professionalism of the BOI.
I empathize, Xelda. Last night, Robin hit my rep points and sent a graphicly nasty note criticizing my threads. It seemed unprofessional; others have disagreed with me (as is their right) in a manner that allowed growth and dialogue, but nastiness and vigilantes, IMHO, do not encourage positive change.

I think a balanced approach to life is best: address both the good and the bad and if one does that, I think that out of the process will come some sort of valid picture of who one is describing, and of life in general. The best posts on the BOI that I have seen have been direct and professional dialogues about problems, as well as objective praises of good guys.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:11 AM   #64
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Indeed, I've been misled by some good guy threads on here that ended up in less than satisfactory results for me. .
I would not call this misled if others posted their experience honestly.
If your experience was different you should post it.

Quote:
Even I hesitate to post my negative experiences on the BOI and probably for the same reason other people don't. I don't want 50 vigilantes jumping on my back because it looks like I'm the first person to have a bad experience with the breeder/company.
It has a lot to do with the history of the accuser as well. I can think of only three threads recently that fits the scenario you describe for being the first "Bad Guy" post. The same person who had a track record of being a difficult person to deal with started two of them. I think if you honestly made your case you would not have that problem.

P.S. Matt hurry up at get my order to me or I might just switch to Jim's side.
Just kidding

Old 05-07-2005, 07:54 AM   #65
robin d.
graphically nasty? i dont remember being "graphically nasty" maybe brutaly honest, however i could have been. i really dont remember as it was late and i was tired... if you want you can post it here to refresh my memory or not... it really does not matter i am sure i got my point across either way

Old 05-07-2005, 07:57 AM   #66
cthulhu77
Curiouser and curiouser...when's the tea party??? (if you catch my drift)

This really wasn't an attack on Webslave, or what he has busted his hump to make and hold on to...just was asking if you all thought we needed a "reality cheque" (oops, check)

I gather the bulk do not....ok !

greg

Old 05-07-2005, 08:11 AM   #67
Rebel Dragons
From a newbies point of view, I see cliques here. They are very obvious when you take the time to look at the BOI as a "whole". But honestly what group doesn't have em.... None. There will always be groups within groups. Thats just the way people are. People gravitate to others of the same thinking by habit. High school, colllege, your jobs, many of your social hobbies ect...... There is no getting around it.

There are of course your "rougues" who come and go as they please with no allegience to any one group or form of thinking. There are several rougues here as well.

Favouritism is apparent too........ But I mean C'mon, favouristism is EVERYWHERE. No escape from it either. Is it fair? Nope, but is it going to stop? Probably not. But hell life ain't fair, get used to it.

Anyone is welcome to hit my rep points with negative feedback. I read this whole post and thought I would just voice my opinion from an outsiders perspective.......... I am in no cliques and only have 1 good friend on here so the chances of my "clique" ganging up on you are slim to NONE!!!

Old 05-07-2005, 08:13 AM   #68
cthulhu77
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryLilDevils
Favouritism is apparent too........ But I mean C'mon, favouristism is EVERYWHERE. No escape from it either. Is it fair? Nope, but is it going to stop? Probably not. But hell life ain't fair, get used to it.
You just said a mouthful !

Old 05-07-2005, 10:15 AM   #69
Dennis1

Maybe its just because i'm New here but i havent seen any cliques other than the site being one
This site saved me a couple of grand so far,So im pretty happy with it!

Btw i spelled clique right 1st

Old 05-07-2005, 10:17 AM   #70
Chameleon Company
Took two cups of coffee getting to this point. Greg, while I agree that everyone has a "right to an opinion", it doesn't make it "right" in the eyes of others. I am sure that you expected some negative replies .... and you got them! Surely the "cliques" exist, with friends and like-minded individuals joining ranks at times. Comes with the turf. But your original post noted your expectaion that this was supposed to be an "unbiased ....impartial jury .... somewhat educated ". Jeez, I thought the only screening process was to anti up at least $10 !! Like Lucille and others, I am in the group that leans towards wanting to hear specific examples to back up general criticisms, especially when such may be aimed at myself or my organization. Certainly not a requirement, but it does put the meat on the bone. My own disappointment with the BOI of late was the switch to being a paid privilege, which I feel cut down on the number of spontaneous posts. Sure, it cut out a lot of the nonsense, but it also became a hurdle for other legitimate infrequent posters. But I realize that it takes money to maintain this site, and have to accept the fee as a necessary evil. I thank all at Fauna for the service they provide in the continuing battle against the "evil one ....JB".

Jim Flaherty
The Chameleon Company, LLC

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!