Is the Fall From Grace fatal to the Good Guy Certs? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: What do you think...?
Good Guy Certification is irrevocably destroyed by the "Bad Guy" actions 2 4.88%
Good Guy Certification doesn't mean anything. 10 24.39%
I don't think anything has changed. 6 14.63%
I think that the Good Guy Certification program is just great. 2 4.88%
The Good Guy Certification Program has DONE IT'S JOB 20 48.78%
The Good Guy Certification Program is the best part of the BOI 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2005, 12:14 AM   #21
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
It has EVERYTHING to do with the topic of this thread.
If you HAVE NOT DONE BUSINESS with a person, is it right to give them a good guy or bad guy vote? That is the freaking question.
No. THIS thread is about whether or not the Certification Program can function when one of it's members looses his certification. Are we able to police our own sufficiently to keep the respect of the general public type of thing.

It's NOT about whether or not you can vote good or bad for someone you have not done business with. Not that this is not also a pertinant question, it is simply NOT the question this thread was started to cover.

Or so think I.

What EXACTLY are we dealing with in THIS thread.

Can the certification program survive it's first loss? Can we maintain a level of respectibility necessary to have that certificate mean anything? That is what I think THIS thread is supposed to be about.

OR, can you vote for a good or bad guy if you have NOT done business with that person.

Let's make it one or the other.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:16 AM   #22
CaptainSlackass
I'm not a mind reader, I just have more knowledge of this from his perspective. He didn't understand what "context" you were reffering to. He knew that thas was Kevin because it had been pointed out by others where he lifted the pics. Did he have empirical first hand knowledge of his own? No... because he had never personally met or seen pictures of Kevin before - but... others who knew what Kevin looked like had already said it was him, and so in that sense - He did know. That's the point you're missing here.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:16 AM   #23
Jim O
Karen,

This is a dead horse but feel free to keep beating it. Enjoy your own company. And that of your friends. And do look around at who they are.

Ta-ta

Old 07-13-2005, 12:19 AM   #24
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlackass
I'm not a mind reader, I just have more knowledge of this from his perspective. He didn't understand what "context" you were reffering to. He knew that thas was Kevin because it had been pointed out by others where he lifted the pics. Did he have empirical first hand knowledge of his own? No... because he had never personally met or seen pictures of Kevin before - but... others who knew what Kevin looked like had already said it was him, and so in that sense - He did know. That's the point you're missing here.
Well forgive me for communicating in English and not mind reading. He knew but FAILED to communicate it. To me AT THE TIME it seemed he didn't know. Read his post and pretend you don't know anything about the subject. What would you take home from it?

And this is really my last post because I can't stand the smell of rotting horseflesh. Have something new or interesting to say, tell it to Karen.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:21 AM   #25
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Karen,

This is a dead horse but feel free to keep beating it. Enjoy your own company. And that of your friends. And do look around at who they are.
Jim,

Why, oh why, can't you see the light? I don't follow anyone and as for friends, I considered you one too but I'm starting to wonder about you. Got that?

When I see people freehandling hots within a few inches of children I get livid. I don't give a rat's a$$ who the "name" is doing it. I will speak out against it and vehemently (if you hadn't noticed).

I'm sorry if you think it's okay to have two hooded cobras loose on the ground with kids sitting 8' away drinking a soda or a gaboon viper inches from a person who is kneeling on the ground.

I'm starting to think you are a wimp and can't stand behind your own convictions.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:22 AM   #26
Sasheena
Personally I won't use the Good Guy Certificate Polls until/unless I've done business with the individual. I think I've used it for Kathy Love, Rich Z, Dennis T (didn't buy anything from him, but had some real-life interaction where he gave me pertinent AZ information at a very difficult time in my life), and maybe one or two others. Heck, I haven't even given Wes his well-deserved pat on the back, because I haven't done business with him.

BUT, the rules as stated in huge letters do not prohibit posting your opinion regardles of whether you have done business.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:22 AM   #27
CaptainSlackass
He was a little confused is all. He was all alone and getting his teenage butt kicked. Now - knowing what you know now - was he wrong to give them a bad guy certification... a simple yes or no would be nice.

Then I'll drop it.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:27 AM   #28
CaptainSlackass
Quote:
And that of your friends. And do look around at who they are.
Oh please... that was tactless.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:27 AM   #29
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Well forgive me for communicating in English and not mind reading. He knew but FAILED to communicate it. To me AT THE TIME it seemed he didn't know. Read his post and pretend you don't know anything about the subject. What would you take home from it?

And this is really my last post because I can't stand the smell of rotting horseflesh. Have something new or interesting to say, tell it to Karen.
Jim,
I know you're a physician. I'm a medical transcriptionist. I deal with big headed physicians all day long and I know they don't like to and won't admit when they are wrong but you're wrong in this instance.

If you only look at the pictures, how can you think those people are NOT IN THE WRONG? Yet you kept wanting to know about freakin' context of the pictures. Who gives a flying flu˘k what context it was done in? It WAS DONE and was PROVEN who did it. Yet you still CONDONE it. Again Condone means to excuse, make excuses for, etc.

You are a hypocrite because you wanted David to retract his neg vote when he didn't have any business dealings with NERD. Yet you have not done business with Bill and gave him a neg. vote. It's not apples & oranges. It's a huge stinking bowel movement. It can't be one way for you and another way for others. So, Jim, which is it?

Old 07-13-2005, 12:35 AM   #30
Chris@TSE
this one time in band camp.........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!