Is the Fall From Grace fatal to the Good Guy Certs? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: What do you think...?
Good Guy Certification is irrevocably destroyed by the "Bad Guy" actions 2 4.88%
Good Guy Certification doesn't mean anything. 10 24.39%
I don't think anything has changed. 6 14.63%
I think that the Good Guy Certification program is just great. 2 4.88%
The Good Guy Certification Program has DONE IT'S JOB 20 48.78%
The Good Guy Certification Program is the best part of the BOI 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2005, 12:38 AM   #31
CaptainSlackass
Quote:
What would you take home from it?
Honestly?

I've said it before - I had no previous ill will towards Nerd. NONE whatsoever! I'm not a part of some mob mentality (as you've obviously implied) I don't have a problem with morphs, I don't have a problem with hybrids. I only had a problem with what I saw. Now the only reason I bring that last paragraph to the table is to set it for my next statement...

Honestly - what would I take home from that? I think that a lot of people would rather this kid be dead wrong than think that NERD could do any wrong. You all wanted to kill the messenger.

But you're dragging your heels here. If what he did wasn't wrong I want someone to admit it. If that's the case then maybe we can ALL give people we havent done business with a bad guy certification. If we all did that then the whole bad guy certification becomes no different than Rep power.

Bottom line is that he SHOULDN'T have given a bad guy certification to NERD. ANd all of you people that gave bad guy certification to Bill shouldn't have either.

It's really quite simple.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:41 AM   #32
Jim O
OK, one last time boys and girls. Read my posts in that thread. All of them. Then take two aspirin and do not call me in the morning. And Karen, be mindful of the fact that I said I was unhappy about the content of the pictures long before I knew who it was who was in them. I am NOT going to rehash this again. Now if you want to get personal, do it with your vibrator please, not with me. I am simply no longer interested in yesterday's news.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:43 AM   #33
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
slackass, learn to read. This is what David wrote:Sounds to me like he did not. Maybe you are a mind reader. I am not. As I have said before, had it been said who and what it was that would have been different.

Now play nice children.

He didn't know the context of the pictures I.E. the captions that went with them. He know good and well who was in the pictures and so did a lot of other people. Mainly because I am pretty sure in that original post on TRR it stated Kevin was in them. And how did I know?? Because it was in the frigging captions posted on their forum..

So how does this "Good Guy" thing hold any water when people who have NOT DONE BUSINESSwithe the individual you are rushing out to vote a bad guy now in light of new developments?? You jump David for doing that but it is all well and good for others here to do the same?? Explain that one why don't you because this should be a hum dinger..

Old 07-13-2005, 12:43 AM   #34
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlackass
Honestly?
I had no previous ill will towards Nerd. NONE whatsoever! I'm not a part of some mob mentality (as you've obviously implied)
I have no ill will towards NERD either. Heck I liked Kara a whole lot after we had a nice conversation about peachfaced lovebird morphs. I simply will not stand by and watch people do what they did.

So answer the question somebody please. If you HAVE NOT DONE BUSINESS with an individual, CAN YOU VOTE ON THEIR GOOD GUY CERTIFICATION?

I've got some votin' to do because obviously you don't have to do business with a person to vote, that has been proven with Bill's cert. form.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:48 AM   #35
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey

I've got some votin' to do because obviously you don't have to do business with a person to vote, that has been proven with Bill's cert. form.

You should have a complete list of who to vote for from me in a few Karen if you are going to do that.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:49 AM   #36
CaptainSlackass
Quote:
do it with your vibrator please
Nice fog, and very proffesional too...
Please Try again.
We have two cases of the exact same thing happening here. Both were a case of people who hadn't done business with someone giving a bad guy certification. Both were cases where it was conclusively proven that the "bad event" actually occured.

Now forgeting for a moment all the crap about NERD, it's really a basic question. If anyone can give someone a bad guy certification in the light of an obvious wrongdoing - how is that distiguished from simple rep power?

It should obviously only be from someone who did business with the person.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:52 AM   #37
bcfos
And if you didn't have any business dealings with that person or business you shouldn't be issuing bad rep points. Or is it just do as I say and not as I do around here??

Old 07-13-2005, 12:56 AM   #38
PaulSage
Whoa.

Okay, to not entirely join in on all of the off-topic posts, I will state that I think the Good Guy certification award has done it's job entirely. I don't understand what the problem is. Bill was a good guy. He had the certificate. Bill f'ed up. He's losing his certificate. Done deal. Good guy no more.

Jim, I have a great deal of respect for you, but to be completely honest, I am disgusted by the attitude it seems you've delevoped toward Karen. I do believe you owe her a sincere apology for that remark.

Although the wording of the Good Guy poll description (thanks Karen) does not state that you HAVE to conduct a transaction with a person for whom you are voting, I think it's pretty obvious that it is intended that you have done so. Maybe I'm wrong, but the wording is such that it does require a person to make an intrepretation.

Old 07-13-2005, 01:02 AM   #39
CaptainSlackass
Quote:
I think it's pretty obvious that it is intended that you have done so
Thank you. This really isn't about NERD. It's about the very nature of the system. The NERD example was perfectly placed, and not off topic. It was simply used to illustrate a very important point. Which by the way - has been made quite succintly.

Old 07-13-2005, 01:07 AM   #40
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
I think the Good Guy certification award has done it's job entirely. I don't understand what the problem is.
I agree.

The problem is this:
Can you vote + or - for a person on their Good Guy Cert. if you HAVE NOT done business with them.

On another thread two people who voted - for Bill demanded another person (David) to retract his - vote for NERD because he had no business dealings with them.

We cannot have it both ways. I do not agree with what NERD did and I WILL GIVE THEM A - VOTE as soon as it is deemed the correct way to participate in the Good Guy Cert. forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!