Where is..... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 04:32 PM   #31
Bill_Leverton
Speak of the devil so to speak I'm sure your all broken up over Wes being gone

Old 11-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #32
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearwater_Reptiles
Rich, I am starting to understand the hows and whys of this new turn over, but what I don't understand is why is it that The people Wes made go away can come back with new name and lose all their warning points ???? maybe it just me but this doesn't sit right in the scheme of things JMO
Details, please. Sorry, but I don't keep tabs of everyone on this site, and certainly do not take the time to verify identities of each new registration.

Did this happen SINCE the "get tough" policy has been implemented, or are you talking about historical references? If it was prior to the tightening of policy here, then sorry, I am not interested to hear about it. A LOT of people got away with a LOT of stuff before that. Sorry, but I am not making the tightening up retroactive.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:36 PM   #33
Bill_Leverton
Rich I'm talking about Since The toughing up Chris above just became a New Member today or yesterday he use to be Boapit Just an observation Not trying to cause trouble just looking out and was curious

Old 11-18-2005, 04:48 PM   #34
Bill_Leverton
Oh and I meant no disrespect To Chris I was just wondering about The new name so to speak and the warning points nothing more or less

Old 11-18-2005, 04:54 PM   #35
Chris Kennard
[HTML]Rich I'm talking about Since The toughing up Chris above just became a New Member today or yesterday he use to be Boapit Just an observation Not trying to cause trouble just looking out and was curious[/HTML]

For your information, I was never ejected from this site and certainly didn't leave because of Wes, even though it was in HIS best interest. Also, "boapit" was simply my user name. My posts were always signed "chris kennard" as required by the TOS. Therefore, I have changed nothing. I merely dropped the username to display my name in its place.

CHRIS KENNARD

Old 11-18-2005, 04:58 PM   #36
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard
[HTML]Rich I'm talking about Since The toughing up Chris above just became a New Member today or yesterday he use to be Boapit Just an observation Not trying to cause trouble just looking out and was curious[/HTML]

For your information, I was never ejected from this site and certainly didn't leave because of Wes, even though it was in HIS best interest. Also, "boapit" was simply my user name. My posts were always signed "chris kennard" as required by the TOS. Therefore, I have changed nothing. I merely dropped the username to display my name in its place.

CHRIS KENNARD
Dude Chill I never said you were, all I was saying was since you drop Boapit and came back as Chris You have no warning points Hmmmmm Maybe I should do that Not....

Old 11-18-2005, 05:12 PM   #37
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearwater_Reptiles
Dude Chill I never said you were, all I was saying was since you drop Boapit and came back as Chris You have no warning points Hmmmmm Maybe I should do that Not....
Well this is a problem. The system does have the capability to merge user names (in other words take one registered name and copy NEARLY all pertinent info into the destination name). However it does not accommodate some of the hacks done to this system over the years. Warning points are one of the hacks that are not recognized by this process. I just went and merged Boapit into Chris Kennard just to see for myself what would happen. Sure enough, the posts followed along, but the warning points got dropped in the process.

Yep, it's a flaw in the system, and not sure how easy it will be to fix. I've contacted my programmer about it to see what he can come up with.

Best I can do is to ask everyone to keep their eyes open for new registrations that are of past active members here so I can try to limit this as much as possible.

Sorry, but the developers of vBulletin didn't have all of my future plans in mind when they designed this software.

Old 11-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #38
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Best I can do is to ask everyone to keep their eyes open for new registrations that are of past active members here so I can try to limit this as much as possible.
Anaconda Al and CloudNine for one pair. I doubt that he's coming back, but one of his ID's is banned, the other "suspended". The total is well over 100 points.

Old 11-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #39
Bill_Leverton
Will do Rich anything to make your job easier or harder depending on how you look at it

Old 11-18-2005, 05:50 PM   #40
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Well this is a problem. The system does have the capability to merge user names (in other words take one registered name and copy NEARLY all pertinent info into the destination name). However it does not accommodate some of the hacks done to this system over the years. Warning points are one of the hacks that are not recognized by this process. I just went and merged Boapit into Chris Kennard just to see for myself what would happen. Sure enough, the posts followed along, but the warning points got dropped in the process.

Yep, it's a flaw in the system, and not sure how easy it will be to fix. I've contacted my programmer about it to see what he can come up with.

Sorry, but the developers of vBulletin didn't have all of my future plans in mind when they designed this software.
To my understanding, it is (was) not against the rules to have multiple user accounts unless it was done to bypass a suspension. Perhaps the same rule should apply to bypassing warning points in general? I think that's what you're getting at here, but I suggest it might be best to spell it out with the rest of the rules. For example, I don't think it would violate any existing rules for me to start a new user name and lose my warning pts. No, I have have no intentions of ever doing that, I'm just saying that I suppose someone nearing 100 pts. might though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread