Status check and poll on recent crack down - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Has the recent enforcement of the rules been successful?
Yes, and stay the course. 31 47.69%
Somewhat, but scale back a bit. 29 44.62%
Not really, so roll back to the way it used to be. 5 7.69%
No, you need to try something else entirely. See post. 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2006, 05:21 PM   #81
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamco
Sorry that you don't like it....
Huh? Where did that come from? Just more comments that are pure assumption on your part and not fact at all. It seems to me Jim that it is you who can't come to grips with how things are. You seem to live in a world of hypotheticals and conjecture.

Not trying to be argumentative with you Jim, I just really do not understand where you are coming from sometimes. Maybe it is me and I see the world too black and white. Who knows. Anyway, I think I have said all I really care to say on this matter. Endless debate on what ifs and maybes just aint my thing.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:26 PM   #82
dragonflyreptiles
Jim my question is NOT why you are here, you are needed, just like when I see a post in the cham forum that I know you can help with, if you haven't posted I have sent them to you to help people.

My question is why are you involved in the petty drama here? This who got how many points and who got suspended for what is so petty, maybe just to me, but it is.

TO ME You should be one of the ones that stays out of the drama and when you do a post search on your user name everything is all happy and helpful.

I see me as a "lower" level person in the reptile biz, not a big breeder, not a big name, and I still try to so hard to stay out of the drama but sometimes I just can't.

As I see it and its not my place to say but Ive said it before so I will again, if you or anyone else does not like the rules, fines, suspensions etc. Why bother to come here to complain about it.

Nothing is perfect, never has been never will be. Its just not going to happen and no matter how much you, I or anyone else post about it the rules will never be perfect.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:27 PM   #83
Chameleon Company
Sammy, I think that things just aren't coming off the page the way that either of us intended. I often do not understand what someone means or intends by their words here, and more than once have gone back to reread something, and it comes across all differently. I think that my first post of concern by you included responses to positions taken by Paul as well, but were not clearly indicated as such. While the computer has its many advantages, I still thank Mr. Bell for the telephone, as it catches so many more of the nuances. Take care.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #84
dragonflyreptiles
See JIm thats just its, things do not come off a page well, you cannot see emotion on a screen and you are putting youself out there on this thread as a hard to deal with person. Someone that cannot just say, hey the rules are as such and thats that, nothing is perfect.

You continue to go on about these points and fines and suspensions that are such a small petty issue in the big sceme of things.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #85
Chameleon Company
Its not about perfection to me Wendy. And I think that I speak for all of us. Its about improvement. As for something being "petty" ? Well, this isn't the Supreme Court, but I will use the analogy anyway. They take on cases that may be very insignificant as to their material value ..... ie, "should so-and-so have been fired". Or "can we use this piece of evidence to convict John Smith of petty theft", because its alleged to be improperly obtained. Its not about what has been done up to now, but how it will be done tomorrow. Its not about $10 paid by me for calling someone a "clown", or Laura"s $10 for calling someone a "nimrod". Its about being able to maintain an improving site, and also minimizing preventable "collateral" loss.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:38 PM   #86
dragonflyreptiles
Ok Jim with that said, what's your gripe about the system? Cause I just don't get it, the fines and suspensions are improvements to the site, improving how we interact with each other and how we are all treated verbally.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #87
Chameleon Company
Wendy,

Quote:
See JIm thats just its, things do not come off a page well, you cannot see emotion on a screen and you are putting youself out there on this thread as a hard to deal with person. Someone that cannot just say, hey the rules are as such and thats that, nothing is perfect.

You continue to go on about these points and fines and suspensions that are such a small petty issue in the big sceme of things.
Please see my above post Wendy. Tom and I are the only ones currently posting here for the majority, but our position is consistent with that expressed by more than 50% of the poll participants. Wendy, if disagreeing with the "logic" of others also makes me hard to deal with, then so be it.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #88
Chameleon Company
Paul, getting back to the word "Liar", etc

Rich put it very well in post #63:
Quote:
Secondly, and I am repeating myself again, I am not going to be placed in the position of determining if the term of "liar" is appropriate and truthfull or not. I do not choose sides in a discussion and this is exactly what I would be being asked to do. If I let it slide, then the implication is that I agree with the accusation of lying. If I disagree and assess warning points, then I would be considered as agreeing with that accusation. The warning points (and associated fine and suspension) is for the USE of the word "liar" in a derogatory sense and completely independent of the reasons for the use. I have no intention whatsoever of trying to determine if a derogatorily used term is truthfull or appropriate to the applied target.
Rich and I are in absolute agreement here, and his explanation is mine.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #89
dragonflyreptiles
Im not saying you are hard to deal with, Im still trying to figure out what it is that you think is "wrong" with the current status of this site and what your gripe is about the fines and suspensions.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:44 PM   #90
Lucille
No one answered my question.
You know, every once in a while I say something and really want a response and this is one of those times.

We are here to share our love of reptiles, and to make sure that those who attempt to make bad business deals are publicized so that the reptile hobby is safer for us all.

My question:

Why can't we all just be courteous? No dancing around the line in the sand, figuring if a transgression is one point or ten points or a million points.

Just be courteous to everyone. For BOI transgressions, say what the person did in factual terms. Then, onlookers who are so moved can follow up and say they will not purchase from this person, and so on. You can be fairly explicit about your thoughts and feelings without saying one nasty word. too.

So tell me, is courtesy so much to ask?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!