Wild Wild West - Part 2 - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #41
Laura Fopiano
How will said members be chosen??
Will they be the current forum mods or a combination?

Old 01-14-2007, 11:04 PM   #42
Wilomn
If one has a private forum and is a mod thereof, does one get some special dispensation as a mod or is one the same for all intents and purposes as those regular members who do not have private forums?

Old 01-15-2007, 01:52 AM   #43
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
I do have a question.
What about the paid for forums? I do not want people there afraid to post. Are they safe havens?
I am thinking they are not, just would like it verified.
No, there are no special protections for posts within personal forums. That would add another complexity to the mix that I didn't feel was warranted. And to be honest, the personal forums are not extra HELL forums anyway, and are subject to many of the rules that apply elsewhere here. For instance, no one could hole up in a personal forum and use profanity nor take abusive pot shots at other members and reasonably expect to be immune from penalties.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:54 AM   #44
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
I'm not sure I understand the question....... Members chosen for what?

Old 01-15-2007, 01:56 AM   #45
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
If one has a private forum and is a mod thereof, does one get some special dispensation as a mod or is one the same for all intents and purposes as those regular members who do not have private forums?
Sorry, but no. A personal forum is simply your own personal space on this site, of which you are moderator of. When I refer to "moderators" in the posts above, this is referring to SITE mods (Jay Owens, Dennis Thomas, and Ken Harbart).

Old 01-15-2007, 03:04 AM   #46
ravensgait
Well seems like Rich has decided now we get to see what happens... Randy

Old 01-15-2007, 05:39 AM   #47
DAND
I'm tending to agree with Kelli, this is going to stir things up. Is it going to eventually become a positive thing? Is it going to be something that Rich will be pulling the plug on shortly after he has pulled his last hair out of his head?Only time will tell.

Instead of "warning points" maybe you could call it something like "Peer Points" or "what your peers think".

Old 01-15-2007, 08:54 AM   #48
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Your ability to issue warning points and the weight they carry will be based upon your membership level.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #49
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
Seamus,
Lucille was referring to me. As I took off some of my posts as well. It was during the time of Al and Chris. After taking off a few I said "forget it" basically to myself and stopped, hence most of my posts are still there. I am still guilty of doing it when it was available to do so.

Lucille,
It is this exact thing of trying to bring someone else into it that gives you a bad look. You may just want to think before you type. I have no problem with admitting that I did some as well nor do I have a problem with saying I over re-acted and was wrong to do so.

As far as this whole new thing on here goes, I am not seeing a lot of good coming from it, but it will be a good show to say the least.
Good luck one and all.
Rozann, I was pointing out that two people can have a similar reaction to a perceived threat, as you and I did. Seamus pointed out his thought about biased applications of rules.
I think points like this bear discussion; while the new system is a done deal, thoughtful ideas about its application and misapplication are natural responses.
I am curious as to whether this application has been used in other online communities besides Craigslist?

Old 01-15-2007, 08:59 AM   #50
Cat_72
As far as I'm aware, this is totally different than the system used on Craigslist.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread