The People's Choice - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #61
Casey Hulse
Quote:
IMO, he stated his opinion and I stated mine, nothing more.
Do you feel a warning point was warranted in this thread?
I am afraid some people may avoid posting opinions on the BOI or other forums on Fauna if there are points issued for a simple dissagreement. The many different and opposing view points have always made the BOI and Fauna my favorite site.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #62
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse
I am afraid some people may avoid posting opinions on the BOI or other forums on Fauna if there are points issued for a simple dissagreement. The many different and opposing view points have always made the BOI and Fauna my favorite site.
It's already happening Casey.

No offense to anyone who I respect, and those of you who are mods that I don't already know who you are and may feel free to be offended, but the "commoners" are not speaking as freely as they used to or perhaps would like to because of The Inquistion that now holds power here at fauna.

This little fracas is just the tip of the iceburg.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:19 PM   #63
SoulSmilen
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Well you can call it anything you see fit. The facts are, you were wrong.

As for someone giving warnings, you are 110% wrong about that too. I do not have any control over who gives them but me. I had nothing to do with any points he received on this thread.

IMO, he stated his opinion and I stated mine, nothing more.
LMAO.. omg, this is getting more and more hilarious and ridiculous. I can call it anything I see fit??? No, I wasn't wrong, where did that come from? I knew it was Chris who gave the points the whole time, and never said it was you. You can't see where I thought your post was arguing for the warning being warranted? That's it.. no more, no less.

And good grief, I didn't say you had anything to do with others giving points or that it had anything to do with you, where on earth did that come from???? Whether you are intentionally twisting or your reading comprehension is way off, I have no clue; however, I will bow to your greatness and give this one to you as a win. Feel better?

Old 02-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #64
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSmilen
LMAO.. omg, this is getting more and more hilarious and ridiculous. I can call it anything I see fit??? No, I wasn't wrong, where did that come from? I knew it was Chris who gave the points the whole time, and never said it was you. You can't see where I thought your post was arguing for the warning being warranted? That's it.. no more, no less.

And good grief, I didn't say you had anything to do with others giving points or that it had anything to do with you, where on earth did that come from???? Whether you are intentionally twisting or your reading comprehension is way off, I have no clue; however, I will bow to your greatness and give this one to you as a win. Feel better?
Denise, I did not know you hated the truth so bad. Here is one:

Quote:
You've got to be kidding... Sledgehammer gets a warning when Bobby was the first one to try to steer the thread to a bad guy thread? Ben, shame, SHAME on you.. you should have cowered and sat there taking it like a doormat since it was a moderator you were replying to. Tsk tsk.
But the fact was made, I had nothing to do with his warnings here.

Quote:
Mike can certainly speak for himself, but I think he was talking about Bobby's reply to my post arguing that the points were warranted, regardless of who issued them.

They weren't warranted, and if they are, then Bobby needs points, too.
Yea, ok you were not wrong....

Quote:
I don't care if one likes Sledgehammer or not, this was pretty blatant and one-sided; not so different from several other threads where 'liked' members' posts are being overlooked and the not-so-popular ones are being slammed with points. Yeah, I know... several of you will say I'm whining and snicker waiting for me to get hit with more and more warning points or bad karma.

Keep up the tight little circle with the popularity contest and cliques; it makes Fauna look so good.

(I can see the replies now: "If you don't like Fauna so much, go someplace else", etc. Save it.. there's a lot of knowledge on this site and I'm here because there are people I respect.)
Well, you said it, not me. I do see that you have a real problem with admitting when you are wrong. No twisting?

Old 02-18-2007, 09:54 PM   #65
SoulSmilen
I'll try one last time, Bobby; you're misunderstanding all of this and us going on and on is insane. I did not say, nor did I imply that you gave him the points; I commented that it was wrong for him to have gotten points for being antagonistic toward you when it was OK for you to sling hash. That's it, end of story; where are you missing that?

Old 02-18-2007, 09:57 PM   #66
varnyard
Quote:
I'll try one last time, Bobby; you're misunderstanding all of this and us going on and on is insane. I did not say, nor did I imply that you gave him the points; I commented that it was wrong for him to have gotten points for being antagonistic toward you when it was OK for you to sling hash. That's it, end of story; where are you missing that?
Oh I am not missing anything Denise, I am more than sure no one else is either.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #67
Chameleon Company
Seeing as there was no vetting process for the selection of the Keystone Cops, is anyone surprised that enforcement has not only been spotty, and at times willy-nilly, but that in the end its application was guaranteed to be fraught with silliness ! Not that all who have wielded it have been careless, but it only takes a few loose cannons to start the border wars. Is the new system working ? If I knew what it was supposed to accomplish, I might be able to render an informed opinion ! But being as I could not rationalize the means it was empowered with, I can't begin to assume what its goals were. With that as a guide, its possible it has been enormously successful

If there is a complaint worth talking about here, then me thinks its with the person who decided to ding Ben. That's my $.02 worth ... better yet, to put it in its proper perspective, if Ben ever accumulates enough to pay a fine, then that ding will have cost him about $.07. Hell, I'll PayPal in a quarter to the "Ben Fund" if a few folks will just take a step back and try to imagine even just a few ways that their time could be better spent. Heck, drinking a cold beer is time better spent.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:37 PM   #68
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse
I am sorry I missed your question, but I stated it twice. He was speaking his opinion and I was speaking mine. I do not think someone should get warnings for expressing how they feel within the rules. So no, IMO he did not require warnings, at the same time I can only speak for me. What I think deserves warnings, someone else may not. IMO, yes the profanity in the other threads did, and he was warned by me. I had nothing to do with any warning he has been given on this thread.

Somehow it got twisted that I did, or that I agreed with them, it never happened.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:37 PM   #69
SoulSmilen
Considering I quoted the name of the person who dinged him in my original comments, I didn't think it would be that hard to see who my original post was referring to. That's what I find so funny about all this and the perspective and misunderstandings that ensued.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #70
varnyard
Quote:
Considering I quoted the name of the person who dinged him in my original comments, I didn't think it would be that hard to see who my original post was referring to. That's what I find so funny about all this and the perspective and misunderstandings that ensued.
Denise, there was no misunderstanding on my part, you said:

Quote:
SoulSmilen: Bobby, since my original post was about THIS thread and you replied to it talking about other threads and his warnings being legit, I took it to mean you were arguing the warning for this thread was warranted.
You did not read the thread, but than ran in and posted. You were wrong as stated above. But now act like it never happened. So there was a misunderstanding, but it was yours.

I am sorry I will not let you make this thread into your own twists and turns, I would rather stick to facts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!