Wanted: someone to to teach me how to find scarlet kings - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
Croakersoaker
Wanted: someone to to teach me how to find scarlet kings

I am looking for someone to teach me to find scarlet kings near Tallahassee. I managed to find three last summer road cruising( took about 50 hours of driving) I would like to learn to find them in the field this spring and will pay for someone to teach me. Plus it will be a lot of fun finding someone to here with. I can drive and we can do some road cruising as well. Please help if you can

Old 10-24-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
wtomsheck
Hello,

I found a couple while road cruising in south Florida. They climb up palms and hang out where rat snakes do. I thought that was an interesting bit of info. Anyhow they hide under loose bark and are pretty secretive. They are beautiful little guys but have a little bit of an attitude.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:01 AM   #3
blueboost68
Bobby as it cools down the bark is a good place to look. Start setting your tin out for next spring. I will be heading that way for a few days and we can get out in the field. Maybe you can come over here and I will show you the Louisiana Milk Snake shuffle. Lol

Old 05-20-2020, 11:39 PM   #4
franktiles
If you still want to find scarlet kings near Tallahassee, let me know.
There is a great collecting area just West of there for them.
Phil
Franktiles@aol.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!