Beware Kelly Sharp - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2003, 09:37 PM   #41
Stardust
Kelly Sharp aka lizardqueen, are you going to reply?
I would like to know why the big secret on who the breeder was?

Old 09-01-2003, 09:41 PM   #42
Ken Harbart
Well, I've read just about all that I need to in order to arrive at a reasonable conclusion. If this isn't a scam, then it's one of the flakiest "businesses" that I've seen.

I'm still scratching my head wondering why people throw proof surrogates out there, such as "I've sold to 'big names'" or "this snake came from a 'big breeder' that I cannot name." These statements do nothing to impress.

The simple fact of the matter is, if the seller is unable/unwilling to name the source of this snake, then it should be treated as nothing more than a normal. I don't buy into the farce that "we have to get permission from the person who bred it."

I seem to recall an individual awhile back who touted himself as a 'big breeder', and was peddling normals as hets- I wonder if they came from him.

If it walks like a duck...

Old 09-01-2003, 10:18 PM   #43
LizardQueen
Hi Everyone,
Ok, here is my side of the story...
First of all, there are some major misunderstandings...I never told Wes that the boa was from a big breeder. I told him that it was from a small local breeder. He never asked about paperwork until after the sale, and i sent him the paperwork i had on the boa. when he said that he was unhappy with the paperwork, i told him that i had purchased hets from big breeders before, and had never received more than a signed receipt, which is what i had been given with this boa.

Wes, i am sorry you are unhappy with the paperwork, but the signed receipt is all that i have ever received with a purchase from any breeder, large or small. it is what i have expected and considered standard with the boas i have purchased.

you already have the breeder's name, and i am trying to contact him by e-mail so i can get back in touch with him and give you his contact info. i am still waiting for a reply from the breeder. i do not have his address or phone number, but as soon as i hear back from him i will pass the info along to you.

thanks,
Kelly Sharp

Old 09-01-2003, 10:29 PM   #44
Wilomn
Not quite what I was told, but close. I'll wait until wednesday. Then the gloves come off. I am not happy with this, you, or tq. Instead of ignoring or putting me off, you should have communicated with me. Do you remember how amazed I was at the speed with which you got back to me when I first contacted you about this snake? I even commented that no one had EVER replied faster than you. I've got it all. If you can't provide me with verification information then you can send me my money and I'll send you the snake. At this point I'll still pay to have her shipped back to you.

I'd ask if you and alison from upchuck were close and personal friends but, that wouldn't be nice, and I really prefer to be nice.

Wes Pollock

wednesday Sept. 3 2003 by 5 pm pst

then I quit being nice

Old 09-02-2003, 06:02 PM   #45
ms_terese
Partner or not?

Kelly,

When did you and TQ become partners? Just a few months ago, you offered up a post about animals you bought from him, without mention of it being a partnership.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...8456#post58456

Also, since you gave Wes the receipt from the breeder, can you not just give him, privately, the email you have for the breeder? I'm not really understanding the issue with that.

Additionally, if you said this
Quote:
if nothing else, i do offer my personal guarantee
that
she is a het...but i will have paperwork for you by the time i ship.
, then you indeed owe Wes proper paperwork for this animal or his money back.

Old 09-03-2003, 12:01 AM   #46
FCReptiles
Thumbs up What I Know

I have been reading this thread, and Figured I would add my dealings with kelly Sharp. About two months ago(?), Kelly emailed me regarding a pair of tamatave red panther chameleons. She said she was willing to pay for them, but was in the middle of a move, and would not be able to recieve them until the following week. A day or two later she emailed me and had me ship them to her Business partner Tarquin Noone(I should still have the invoice Filed). Through my dealings she seemed very friendly, and the deal went very well. If needed I can get the exact dates of the transaction, and shipment.

Thank you,

Nick Mole
First Choice Reptiles

Old 09-03-2003, 12:10 AM   #47
Wilomn
My dealings with kelly were nice and smooth as well. Though she did ship USPS the snake arrived and in good shape.

My only problem with kelly is the TOTAL lack of verification of this snakes genetics. The reciept I got is illegible. There is no contact information at all. Basically, it's worthless. I was told I would recieve paper work. I expected verification of the albino heritage. This invoice did NOT provide that.

If she would give me the contact information I would be happy to get in touch with the person who originally bred the animal to verify. If she could get this person to provide some sort of proof that had anything on it other that a scribbled name, price, and the words het for albino written on itl, I may be satisfied.

All I want is verification that this very nice snake is carrying the albino gene. That's it.

It makes no difference to me whether or not she was on vacation, moving, or called out of town for work, all of which I've heard. All I want is acceptable proof or my money back. I think that's more than reasonable of me.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-03-2003, 03:50 AM   #48
geckosunlimited
funny

I find it rather amusing that her partner's last name is No one (Noone) . Did any of you guys notice that. Just thought I would point it out.

Old 09-03-2003, 09:06 AM   #49
Wilomn
Doggone it Nathan, I did notice that but was saving just in case I don't get contact info by 5 pm tonight. Shucks even.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-03-2003, 10:15 AM   #50
ms_terese
Since there's a thread on Tarquin, with several people posting to it, I doubt he's fictional

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!