"mike" BD ad on Kingsnake.com - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #41
kmurphy
Quote:
a mr miller shipped me the dragon from NJ
Chris could you explain this a little more. Thanks

Old 08-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #42
dragonman22
If he wants the $25 thats fine. To end this bullshit already, the money just isn't worth it.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #43
Rebel Dragons
I'll toss my .02 into the ring on this transaction.

D Dragon, I would write this transaction off and walk away. You like a million others are disappointed in the color of the animal you received and think that it may have been represented falsely. I for one can't tell what dragon is what anymore, and which ad had what picture, so I really don't have an opinion on that. Be thankful you have a nice healthy dragon for the $75.00 you spent. I have opened boxes and been tricked, disappointed etc etc etc........ I always go back and look at the pics, ad, writing and see where I messed up. Usually as I can see in this case, it was my stupidity to respond to the ad in the first place. It was vague in the terms and description, the pics were not crystal clear, it was an unknown breeder with no last name, etc etc etc........

Just write this one off as a lesson learned and next time shop around and find yourself a breeder who goes the extra mile to make you happy.

"Mr Jones/Miller", I think you are one of the people who post obscure, nondescript ads with fuzzy pics purposely. It's not easy selling low end dragons for high end prices is it??? I have seen many other ads like yours and read many other complaints just like this one. I just pass them over cause I have been there done that. It sucks opening a box looking for a yellow dragon and finding a normal. I may be wrong about you but for now this is my opinion. Prove me wrong.

You want to be taken seriously??? Create and ad that actually has information in it. Your full name, business name, location, bloodlines, prices, clear pictures, correct contact info............ You get the idea, right????

I think both parties here made mistakes during this transaction. I would say to you both. Cut your losses, learn from this transaction and move on.

I just got home from having an endoscopy done so I hope that this post makes sense. I'm not 100% awake yet. Hopefully spellcheck does the thinking for me.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #44
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonman22
If he wants the $25 thats fine. To end this bullshit already, the money just isn't worth it.
Does that sound fair to you Chris? I honestly don't seea bad guy on either side here. Chris's expectations were a bit high for a bargain animal and Mike isn't much of a photagrapher.

Chris...it's up to you to give the green light here and put this to bed

Old 08-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #45
reptilebreeder
Quote:

4th I don't know where you buy your dragons, but I have never seen any single dragon on sale anywhere for $25. Go into any petstore and every beardie will cost between $75-$100 regardless of color.
Which is why most of "us" don't buy from pet stores. Moot and invalid comparison. I can buy premium herps for less than b grade pet store animals any day of the week.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:12 PM   #46
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
Which is why most of "us" don't buy from pet stores. Moot and invalid comparison. I can buy premium herps for less than b grade pet store animals any day of the week.
PS. you don't have to pay shipping (well not directly anyway, operating costs are built in to the price) at the pet store, so include the price he paid for the animal, plus shipping when you compare a crappy pet store animal to your's.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #47
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dragon
Hey I ordered A sunburst dragon, was told I was getting one, was showed pics of one, and what did I get? A nice health common. He knew this was a common. How much I payed or how much he charged is irrelevant.
I think this is a very relevant post. You saw an advertisement for a 'colorful' dragon with a pic of a bright yellow dragon.
There is a lot of irrelevant 'red herring' talk here but it all comes down to the fact that you were lured into purchase by the ad and your dragon did not conform to what was advertised.
Strange, the seller claims 'numerous' emails thanking him for other purchased dragons; not only has he not posted proof of these but somehow the TRULY relevant emails are conveniently gone, the ones the seller sent a month ago, were (in the seller's own words) 'automatically deleted' by his mail system.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #48
Tsutton5
????

Quote:
First off, I have NO IDEA what this guy is talking about in terms of oweing anyone else money especially in California. You and your california friend may have me confused with someone else. I have not sold anything to anyone in california EVER. I am NOT a middle man and I DO live in NJ you lunatic.

Second, That picture is 100% real. I don't have time nor the skill to touch up photographs. Those nails are dark nails.

3rd and most important. Whose opinion do I value more. Sara, some 20 year old girl from Pennsylvania or Mr Schmitt the well known and respected owner of Suncoast Herps.

4th I don't know where you buy your dragons, but I have never seen any single dragon on sale anywhere for $25. Go into any petstore and every beardie will cost between $75-$100 regardless of color.

5th, If you really think it is a 100% normal dragon, go get a DNA test done and compare it with a normal beardie and I guarantee the results. I have 1 male dragon and he is pictured.

Mike Jones
Hey Mike what part of NJ you from?

Old 08-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #49
Lucille
Quote:

3rd and most important. Whose opinion do I value more. Sara, some 20 year old girl from Pennsylvania or Mr Schmitt the well known and respected owner of Suncoast Herps.
Cheap shot. This is known as an 'ad hominem' attack: instead of addressing the issues themselves you go after some personal quality of whoever posted.

A seller of integrity will address all serious opinions and issues, after all, it is their reputation at stake and how they treat those who post with opinions and questions is relevant to their future rep.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:58 PM   #50
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons

D Dragon, I would write this transaction off and walk away.
This is the LAST thing I would think of doing in this situation. I do not think there was anything fuzzy or uncertain about this transaction, colorful dragons were advertised, colorful dragons were pictured, money was sent to buy the aforementioned colorful dragon, and a plain normal was sent.

This seller should either give a total refund and allow the buyer to keep the dragon, or should send at his own expense, a colorful dragon which was advertised from the getgo and STILL allow this buyer to keep the normal. For the buyer to shell out any nore money for shipping would be a travesty of justice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!