Bad Guy Stan Ruppel IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:49 AM   #51
polasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjelli View Post
Good Night
Thanks for the company. I was pretty bored. I wish you were a bit smarter, but at least you stuck around and fought it out. Once again, as for the name calling, save some of that money of yours and come to the states. I love actually meeting "telephone tough guys." That's what we call people like you. The type that shoot of at the mouth because you're on the other side of the phone line. In this day and age it's the computer people hide behind now. I'm sure if we were sitting next to each other in a bar, you'd think twice about all the idiot and douche bag comments. Luckily I'm not a hypocrite. I don't call people names over the internet or telephone. I'd much rather show them. Let me know if you make it to the states. I'd love to buy you a beer. Again, Merry Christmas.
That was just wong! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I recommend that both of you call it a night. Nothing was accomplished except you guys earning yourselves a bunch of warning points. Come back tomorrow with clear heads (if your not banned by then) and go for round 2. Anyway, good luck to both of you and Merry Christmas.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #52
garweft
Yes, the animals you bought were misrepresented. The females were no where near the size you were told you were buying and I seriously doubt that that male is proven.

Wouldn't a proven male need to produce offspring?

I beleve that male might have locked up with a female, but I doubt he has children slithering around. He would have had to be breeding 4 months ago to have produced live offspring.

I hope you guys can get this worked out. Thanks for the warning on him selling misrepresented animals. Some people do see that and will be sure to avoid being put through the same situation.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #53
Python Dreams
Is pbjelli seriously arguing the point that it is o.k. to misrepresent snakes? Wow!

Old 12-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #54
Playboid
To pbjelli:

You posting the message I sent you is more proof how immature you are. You would feel bad for Stan because you obviously approve of his business tactic which make you no better than him. So hopefully everyone that reads this knows not to deal with you either.
Once again I ask, who's the idiot?

Old 12-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #55
TattooLost
You know... all this childish behavior is making NEITHER of you look mature. I'd suggest dropping it and working on a resolution, but then that's just me.

Wayne, not everyone is going to see eye-to-eye on how much you expect back for the hets. As I said, the deal you had set up to sell the hets doesn't really have much bearing on what you expect back. If that was the case, and I bought a $500 snake with the intention of flipping it immediately for $700, and the snake arrived not as described, I wouldn't feel entitled to $700 back. I wouldn't feel entitled to $500. I'd feel entitled to probably send the snake back, or hang onto it and find a buyer willing to offer a similar price. $400 for two het axanthics shouldn't be that hard to find, with them being 300-400g. Another month or two of them feeding well and it certainly wouldn't be a problem. I'm not disputing that you didn't get what you thought you were getting. I'm just saying, being willing to negotiate a price satisfactory to both parties certainly goes a long way. Much farther than flying off the handle, arguing with others about it in this thread, or sticking to a certain amount.
If you consider the whole package, I'd say you payed quite a bit more for the visual axanthic than you did for the two hets together. I'd say take that into consideration. That's just me though.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #56
Playboid
To clear this up, pbjelli and I were just debating. Maybe we shouldn't have done it in the open thread, but when I tried to discuss with him person to person, he insisted on replying here. Yes, we both look bad now. I agree. It took away from the point of this thread. But I never once outright insulted him, called him names, or threatened him. He did. I tried my best to handle it appropriately, and I failed. I should have just ignored him. Unfortunately, him defending what happened and his reasons for backing his stance were nuts.

Quote:
Is pbjelli seriously arguing the point that it is o.k. to misrepresent snakes? Wow!
I have tried to work with Stan. I have made offers. He has never countered any of them. He has never offered to give a full refund. He has just tried to convince me I should be happy with what I received in comparison to what I paid. We started to come to the bargaining table. Then he implied he was sending me $300. I told him to send the money order and I was under the impression he did. After a couple days I inquired about the money. He replied he changed his mind and then he said I need to send him the animals first. This was late last week. He didn't notify me he wasn't sending the money. Nothing. I've done everything I can to work this out. It's been almost 4 weeks since I paid him. This is still ongoing. It's ridiculous. He is stalling hoping I grow tired, just keep the animals and leave him alone. That will not happen. If I let him get away with this AGAIN, he will do it to someone else. I have received a few messages that he has done this in the past and people have admittedly just let him get away with it. That is not acceptable.

Quote:
Thanks for the warning on him selling misrepresented animals. Some people do see that and will be sure to avoid being put through the same situation.
I really hope this is what everyone realizes was the intentions of this post. Most of the replies were to state opinions. I respect them. But opinions are just that. I question them to the best of my ability when I don't agree. I do this to make sure my opinion is solid. Not to question anyone else. More so to question myself. If I've offended or ticked anyone off, it honestly was not my intention. People will always disagree. I try to do it tastefully, but that isn't always an option. As far as the conclusion of this transaction, I really hope it comes swiftly. I am not going away though. My trust and decency was taken advantage of and I will not stand for it. No one else should stand for it either, if it happened to them or someone else. Bottom line, transactions of this nature are just simply unacceptable.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #57
mvite
I consider myself warned. I hate this type of behavior from sellers.

Just return the snakes and forget about Mr. Ruppell forever.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #58
KingBowser
After reading through the doldrums of this thread I have come to the conclusion that I agree with the OP. It doesn't really matter how good of a deal something is if it is misrepresented.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #59
R. Eventide
I just want to say that you can't estimate the cost of a 400-gram snake based on the price of a 1200-gram snake. Prices are not linearly correlated with weight. In other words, a 200-gram snake is not worth twice as much as a 100-gram snake (even moreso for males).

I bought a nice, silver male VPI Axanthic with a het female for $800 last sprint (including shipping). They were both in the 400-gram range. I know prices have dropped a little bit, but nice male VPI Axanthics of that size are still going for $500-$700 depending on the breeder.

At this point, I'd agree with others and just return the snakes for a full refund and find better elsewhere. Arguing prices for the two het females is probably going to [continue to] be an exercise in futility.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!