Bad Guy Stan Ruppel IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
TattooLost
Oh, and OP means "original poster." In this case, that would be you, the person who started this thread.

SOP means Standard Operating Procedure.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #12
Playboid
I don't understand how you think it's a moot point. If Best Buy agreed to buy 46" televisions from Sony, at the 46" price, with the intentions on selling them and Sony sent 26" televisions would you say that's neither here nor there? That's the whole point. He said they were 700 grams, they weren't. Okay, even if I agree with you, which obviously we do not think alike, the fact is they were 299 grams each. That's 400 grams shy. He "guessed" they were double the size???? Come on man. I understand the desire to find out the whole truth (which I am have done my best to post), but finding ANY loop whole what so ever to justify what Stan did is insane. Even if I wasn't selling them, I still would have expected some sort of compensation or refund for the animals not being as described. It just so happens I was selloing them so I have something to rference my loss off of. Does this make more sense to you now Tattoo?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
Playboid
Thanks for explaining OP and SOP.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #14
TattooLost
I'm by no means defending Stan, but as a wise man once said, "There's always three sides to a story." Most of the time when I post in the BOI, it's because I'd like to get that third side, the truth. So, let's get to that. Let's try this. Do you have any pics showing the snakes on a scale showing their weights? I'm not doubting you, but that would certainly remove any doubt out there.
Also, do you have any emails stating the refund offers by Stan? I'll go back and reread your first post, so if it's already in those emails, I apologize in advance.
One last point, and it's funny that you use Best Buy as an analogy, simply because I used them in another thread in here recently. Let's say that did happen. Let's say you ordered two 42" televisions, and they were shipped to you. When they arrived, however, it was two 26" televisions. You would certainly expect to return them for a refund. Do you think that Best Buy would refund your money and then trust you to send the televisions back? Most businesses, I would assume, would tell you to ship them back and THEN they would refund your money.

Without Stan here to defend himself or give his side of the story, I don't know what you're expecting here. I'm sorry you weren't satisfied with the deal, and I do hope you two get it worked out. Good luck!

Old 12-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #15
ToshaMc
I agree that Stan probably doesn't owe you what you lost from your other deal falling through, that really is not part of your transaction with him. However he did misrepresent the snakes and owes you a proper refund or compensation for the difference. If you want to keep the male you either have to agree upon a reasonable value for the hets or return the whole bundle for a full refund (which will probably be your best bet at this point). Standard procedure is typically the animals get returned and then a refund is issued, however since there is a trust issue if you can't meet and do a face to face swap, perhaps an middle man would be a better option.

I will say that if he told you those animals were 700 grams and they were closer to 300 that really is a huge misrepresentation, not only on size but that's a whole seasons difference in breeding.

For visual this is a 700 gram snake and a 300 gram snake (These are my snakes not the ones in question):

Certainly someone with his experience would be able to tell the difference between a 700 gram snake and a 300 gram snake eyeballing it, if he wasn't sure he should have double checked not relied on what he vaguely recalled them being. And in the end it is his responsibility to make sure those animals are accurately represented. Also even if they hadn't eaten in 3-4 weeks as he claims, a healthy snake would not lose that much weight in that amount of time, I won't even go into how disturbing the whole not having been fed in 3-4 weeks is.

Anyway IMO you lost your cool (which you've admitted to) and demanded some things that really aren't exactly reasonable but it seems like a lot of excuses and little working towards making things right with his customer on his end as well. As frustrating as it may be keep your head and your temper in check - and work on a resolution.

Good luck!

Old 12-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #16
Playboid
Thanks for all the constructive input. I do have pictures of the animals the minute they came out of the box. I also have the shipping box, and reference number that says (I'm assuming) the exact weight of the box (I hope). An 800 gram difference should show up in the shipping weight (don't you think)? I tried posting the pictures with the original post, I will try again. They are not good pictures, I apologize. I am no photographer. I'm going to try and post them again. If they do not show up will someone instruct me how to properly post pics here.

I appreciate people's opinion on why they think the issue of me reselling the hets isn't relevant, but from my stand point I don't see how you could think that. Stan not sending what I paid for is the only reason why I can't resell them at the price I was offered. How anyone can say these issues aren't connected baffles me.

On another note, Stan does know this thread is started. I informed him I posted it. Actually I told him I'm going to post it everywhere I can. I don't know where else to post. From his response it does not seem he has any intentions on engaging in any forum posts.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #17
TattooLost
Just an observation, but it appears the first two pictures are the same snake, unless they're twins hatched out of the same egg? Do you have pics of the second het?

Besides that, yes, I'd say they're quite a bit under what was represented.

As for your flip deal to sell the hets, as I said, I don't see it as relevant to a refund. As Stan himself said, if you had a deal to sell the two hets for $800, would you be expecting $800 back for them since the deal couldn't go through as planned. I can see where you would WANT the $400 back, but I think really you should be amicable to some sort of negotiation on that price. As Stan stated, the price you paid is pretty good for a visual and two hets, so you have to factor in the value of the visual versus the hets out of the total price. That's just my opinion though, and as I said, I hope this ends with both parties feeling like they can walk away without losing their rear end.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #18
Playboid
One last point, then I'm done. Even if he guessed wrong, he knew those animals weren't even close to 700 grams each when he packaged them. Why wouldn't he contact me then and tell me before he shipped them? He planned on me accepting those animals from the minute he boxed them up if not sooner. He didn't expect me to respond like this. I asked him about this and he never commented one way or another.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #19
Playboid
I see your point tattoolost. It is fair. But that was his justification on why I should be happy with the hets in the first place. No matter what size they were, they were worth what I paid. That's not a fair way to decide either. If that deal was so great and worth it, why wasn't he able to sell them to someone else. Or why didn't he call and disclose their true weight before shipping. I don't see any other way to value the animals. I took in account what I lost by them not being what was advertised. As far as the pics go, I only took one of each. I will go down stairs right now and see if either A) They truly are "twins" or B) I mistakingly took 2 pics of the same animals. I doing it right now.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #20
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboid View Post
I appreciate people's opinion on why they think the issue of me reselling the hets isn't relevant, but from my stand point I don't see how you could think that. Stan not sending what I paid for is the only reason why I can't resell them at the price I was offered. How anyone can say these issues aren't connected baffles me.

Because plain and simple Stan's only obligation is to meet the terms of his sale to you. He's not really responsible for your promises just his own. What if your customer accepted the smaller snakes. But really he only needed one het anyway and he has a customer lined up to buy the second one but that customer doesn't want the smaller snake are you then liable for his lost sale?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!