Jungle Habitats - Alan Hall - You Can Decide - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #71
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse
So given the facts, he still owes you $100.00
As far as I am concerned, the banged up cage was a gift to you for your patience.
There is no way he is going to send the $100.
He was very clear that the $80.50 is it.
No sense in arguing since it won't change his mind. I'll take what he sent but will not recommend him or attempt buy from him again.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #72
Wilomn
alan "dumb as dirt" hall/ brucie "the crybaby" stephensen.....what's the difference?

300 lbs of fat.

NOTHING else.

Way to alan, you're truly a lying theiving scumbag now.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #73
SPJ
Here's a summary for those who don't want to go thru all the pages.

Alan recieved the payment for the cage.
Quote:
Feb 17 2007
hey just wanted o let ya know it got here today
Alan
First time getting told it will ship.
Quote:
Apr 8 2007
Steve this oder will be going this week and the other one should be going out after the 16th as i have a show comming this week and I am trying to get everything finsihed and out before i leave this week on orders and build a few things for the show
Alan
Not shipped. Got another promised ship date.
Quote:
Apr 22 2007
Hey Steve ,
Just got home from seeing my son the weekend. I have the cage with the doors in it ill unbox it and getthe acrylic sizes for you on it .Ill be sending it out Monday prob around noon as the fedex guy runs around then. Sorry for the delay and when i get the other one built i will let you and send it out to you also
Not shipped again. Got this note with yet another ship date and told this cage was free
Quote:
Apr 27 2007
The comments for your order are: doors are 15 1/8 x 18 for the cage
steve I
am waiting on white for the other cage to come in sometime next week.
this
cage coming is a freebie i
will be building the paid for one soon as
my
white gets in to my suppliers . When i say freebie its a slat front
but its
dirty plastic on the white so please dont judge that cage as the
item
that will be coming shortly

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Your order has shipped
Guess what? Not shipped again.
Quote:
Jun 2 2007
Steve ,

I just got into the house been gone this week and i havent been spending alot of time on forums due to being so bizzy. I Will bee getting more plasticv next week and will have the white in that order It will honestly be about two weeks before it will be ready to go out from that date as i had soime damages i have to rebuild . I must have missed the paint booth thing ? if you can resend that info or email etc as i havent been on the forums in a many days .
Alan
Cage arrived. Bad shape and missing vents.
Quote:
Jun 13 2007
How do I put this damn lock on? I can't figure it out.
What can I use to drill to put vents in it?
What cleaner can I use that won't destroy the plastic?

hey steve sorry took so long to get to this ,
the lock .. take a hammer or pliers and its made to be used by having it clamp to the glass/ acrylic. Take it OFF the door give it a tap or a squeeze and then slide it on . It should fir SNUG. That was a new lock i was trying it has stayed on my cage here but i have since ordered the other type just in case.
for cleaning there are a few things to try with those marks , one rubbing alcohol but you have to WIPE fast dont let it set. Thats why i personally hate white anything they show so many finger prints etc or scuffs on them lol but the next cage will not be like that lol that was under many sheets of black in the shop
Steve for vents it can be drilled with any reg drill bit or hole saw. I will send 3" vents to you in the other cage when its ready to go out to you also.
The line on the back is that being the first build of them and the sawblade cutting it so that it lays down as i didnt have a size on full sheet on that unit. All opf my cages do have a seam there where i join them ( if you look inside you will see the material is doubled up there and is 1/2" thick as it gives me a place to mount lights etc.

Don't worry about sending extra vents with the other cage. I'll vent this one. I just wanted to know if I needed a special cutter for it to prevent cracking.
Just put the 3" vents in the other cage if you can.
I know what you mean about Fed Ex. I charged someone $150 for overnight shipping last month (2 very large and heavy snakes) which was the quote from the Fed Ex site and when I got the bill it was almost $180. A lot more than what they said it would be.
They are getting out of control.
Even basic overnight for a small animal is getting expensive. I can't ship for under $50 once the fuel surchages, signature charges, and pickup charges are added in.
Thanks again and I look forward to seeing the other cage.
Now I am told the free cage that I was not supposed to judge him on is no longer free.
Quote:
Jun 26 2007
Steve ,
The material came in today for that cage , I am crashing to finish up about 8 cages this week . Its going to be min of approx 7-10 days before ill be doing any building as im leaving this weekend to pick my son up for 2 weeks for summer break. He lives with his mom 3 hrs away so this is the firsttime i have since feb to see him and im not doing anything while hes here as we will be at the beach untill next thursday then ill be back here next weekend after that ill be doing some building in the shop then and will let you know when its ready . All ill ask is that you cover shipping & packing on the cage with DHL it should run approx $85 / $90 dueto size and fedex /UPS i know will be over $100 shipping alone on the cage due to the size
Alan
At this point I had had enough and said forget it. It kept bugging me how I was treated so I finally brought the issue to the BOI.
I ended up selling the cage for a reduced price to recoup some of my money.
Alan replied in this thread that he was issung a refund to me minus what I sold the "free" cage for.
Quote:
hes getting EXACTLY what he paid out nothing less nothing more . If i had the cage he would get the full $180.50 back being i dont have the cage he will get the balance of what he sold it for which is $80.50 .
A money order for $80.50 arrived today. Sept 6 2007.

Alan lied several times about ship dates, changed the terms of the deal, and left me hanging for months. Then deducted $100 from the refund amount.

Well, that's it in a nutshell.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #74
kellysballs
Sure enough.
He sealed the deal. My status of possible customer has definatly changed to no way will I ever purchase any thing from him.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #75
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleHabitats
Dennis , He paid $180.50 for the cage he sold that cage for $100 hes getting his $80.50 back he will not be out anything he will be back to square one ... Im sorry if thats not pleasurable for you but thats how this is going to happen .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

I haven't stated anything negative either way on this thread. I asked a simple question as to why Steve might not have complained.

The obvious answer is that you can't simply address the question because you would have to discuss why this statement has been rescinded.

Quote:
cage coming is a freebie i will be building the paid for one soon as my white gets in to my suppliers . When i say freebie its a slat front but its dirty plastic on the white so please dont judge that cage as the item that will be coming shortly

Why do you think Steve didn't complain again?

Quote:
Dennis , He paid $180.50 for the cage he sold that cage for $100 hes getting his $80.50 back
How could he have sold that cage (The one he paid for) if he never received it?
It really is simple. Any person with basic reading comprehension can understand.

Quote:
he will not be out anything he will be back to square one .
That's not a very appealing company motto in my opinion.

But you forgot the manual labor Steve had to put into the cage. The time to sell the cage. The time he wasted. The need to find other suitable housing. But hey, your OK to leave the customer back at square one after months of promises then that's your prerogative. Good Luck....

JungleHabitats.. Shop with us..We will leave you back at square one after months of waiting...

Old 09-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #76
David_Means
I was GOING to place an order for some cages from JungleHabitats but, after reading this NO WAY that will happen. Poor customer service pay the man his $100.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #77
Chance
Though I don't rank among the more known folks on this thread, I too wanted to add that Jungle Habitats will never receive any orders or recommendations to friends from me. What a pity....

Old 09-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #78
biff
it makes me wonder...

...how much $$ would Alan have sent to Steve if he had NOT sold the "free, yet not-so-free cage".

I can't believe that Steve is being punished financially by Alan delaying shipping and then finding out that the price of shipping went up drastically.

Steve, I hope Alan's conscience bothers him enough to send you what you are owed, plus an extra $15 for interest!! ( I wouldn't hold my breath though).

good luck,

Steve Himes

Old 09-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #79
Hypancistrus
So glad...

I emailed Alan in June to enquire about having a lid made for my 30 gallon breeder tank... he replied saying he needed inside dimensions of the tank and he'd then make the lid and ship it. Fortunately (for me, I guess) an injured turtle came along that needed the tank and I decided against procuring the lid... obviously would have been lost money... thanks for the thread Steve. The BOI has saved my arse on numerous occaisions... this being one of them.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:36 AM   #80
hartsock
:shock:

wow.....wow.... I am speechless...

I know Steve somewhat from the forums and I know Alan too slightly. I checked into getting cages from Alan and had plans on getting a nice large stackable setup. The only thing that held me up was the fact that my income tax was audited this year and I have just now got my return last week! I can't believe I am saying this, but thank God for the IRS! I cannot understand why a cage would take any longer to build than a week....absolutely no longer than a week if it is your business. I mean come on, if that is you business and you do it all the time, you get proficent at it and can do it quicker than the average person, plus how would you make any type of living or even an extra income (other than screwing people) if it takes you months of making a cage?

As far as customer service, when a thread like this one pops up, any true business person is going to bend over backward to make it go away. Even if they don't feel they wronged the person, they go the extra mile to protect their reputation. Steve deserved a full refund, whether he ask for it or not, whether Alan you feel it was justified or not, you should have sent it. If you can't afford it, than you shouldn't be in business, plain and simple. That businiess of a partial refund on a defective, free cage is what killed my order. Even up to that point, had you come on here and said, "hey guys, I know I have messed up, I'll make this right" I would have still placed my order. I would have given you another look because life does happen to all of us. But there is no excuse for your attitude in all of this...you are upset because people are mad at you? Well, think about it, they have a reason to be. You can take the "it's my ball, I'm going home" attitude and you'll end up sitting by your tools wondering why no one is placing any orders. We talked in pms about me even coming by to pick up the cages if I went down to Atlanta, let me tell you, I am so thankful I found this thread and didn't show up on your doorstep expecting to take some cages home and be leaving there with diddly. You can be thankful of that too, because I would have followed you from board to board, post to post and rang the alarm bell as loudly as I could have.

Steve was patient, Steve was kind and trusting......you screwed him over big time, sell your tools and take the money to pay him back along with all your other customers that are going through the same stuff, before you end up sued at some point, because eventually you are going to mess over the wrong person who doesn't write it off as experience.

Heck, I feel betrayed some way and I was only going to place an order!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!