Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 104 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #1031
Elizabethlea27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
The PM from her mother confirms NOTHING, it is the definition of hearsay.

Does she have pics? No.

Does she have video? No.

Does she have medical evidence of pyschological issues? No.

Her mom's PM means nothing. For all we know, she is just someone looking for attention and a pathological liar herself.
I completely agree and hope this thread gets back on track. This is about Ashley's snake business - nothing more nothing less. And her snake business ethics are bad enough we don't need to feed the trolls with discussion of hearsay and family business that just... adds to a mess.

Oh but one last thing I noticed - desertrat there's a good reason Ashley would have picked you out to send that PM herself to you if she wanted to - she knew you would not reply with a lashing, and would be basically fair. The rest of us are quite mad at her. You posted once or twice here. I doubt if her mother really posted she would dig into the thread far enough to FIND your post before contacting someone?

Seriously guys this is may be a ploy to derail the whole thread simply because ASHLEY WON'T REPLY TO THE SIMPLE QUESTION:

HOW DID PHOENIX DIE?

Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #1032
crotalusadamanteus
At least say "some of you" or name names, because we are not one entity.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #1033
Elizabethlea27
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahrose404 View Post
hahah ok thats funny. Obviously you havent been tracking any of what has happened. CPS did not "PULL" Ethan from Ashleys care. That psychopath of a mother STOLE him from her, locked her out of the house by CHANGING the locks when Ashley wasnt there and refused to give him back. Then on top of that, screwed her out of a place to live, took her to court and took her son, and the only reason she won him is because Ash no longer had a place to live! Ashley has been fighting to get him back, meanwhile the poor kid is living in a filthy, DISGUSTING house with a bipolar, manic-depressent, obsessive compulsive, pathalongical liar! I've seen the pictures of where he lives and it is absolutely GROSS! But why does this have anything to do with her ANIMALS? The fact that her mother is crazy and has given Ashley hell doesnt jeopardize the welfare of her snakes. God people this all just blows my mind. Do you have nothing better to do in your spare time?

AND as the reptile community, the way you handle this is stupid in all honesty. IF you actually cared about the welfare of the snakes, why post INSULT after INSULT filled with name calling, threats and everything in between. I can understand the concern for the health of other animals, its a good thing to help out someone with advice if maybe they are having trouble, maybe help direct them if they made a mistake. But insults, threats, name calling, and all these immature posts are retarded! 106 pages!! 106!!! Grow up!! This is not how this should be handled. Yes Ashley is my friend, but that doesnt make me side with her automatically. If she was treating her animals bad, I would notice and SAY something and I would NOT support her, let alone stand up for her. And in all honesty, I dont care to read EVERY single little post on here because most of it is just the same few people arguing back and forth about nonsense. So seriously people, respond to me if you have something educational to pass along, not just another insult.
Ok. First off, I don't know why you are posting here if you aren't going to take the time to read the information presented. I don't care ho healthy a snake "looks" from inside a cage, (oh but wait you were in those pics with Haze right?) they can still have mites and IBD. Ashley sold me snakes with mites, I'm having them tested for IBD. I am very angry at her for HER actions in regards to this. And this thread would be nowhere near as long if Ashley had posted answers to questions like HOW DID PHOENIX DIE, because those are important to know for someone like me. Do you understand how it might feel to have nine beautiful boas and look at them and know that Ashley's carelessness could have given them a death sentence? She did not have to put me in this situation, if she would have done what any decent breeder does when a boa dies of confirmed IBD: They stop breeding, nothing goes in or out until all animals are dead and all equipment destroyed, or animals have tested negative for years. Has Ashley stopped breeding? NO! She bought the parents of the Bolivians she sold me AFTER the BCL DIED and she got a diagnosis of IBD!! THEN she bred them! Then she kept the babies in the snake room where the other snakes, who were in her collection when the BCL died, were kept! So in answer to you question, no I don't sit around here all day with nothing better to do. I post here hoping that Ashley never puts anyone else in the same horrifying situation by possibly KILLING ALL OF THEIR SNAKES.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #1034
sally-dog
Yeah, I suspected the mother ordeal was a ruse, probably is. Who knows? *shrug*
I just find it very scary that if it is not, it would put us all to shame.

At this point I think the apple doesn't fall far the tree in the case of Ashley and mother.

I want to see those necropsy results, and yes, I want to know how/when Phoenix died. Until we have proof of that we can only ASSume that the snake died of IBD or symptoms of IBD and is being swept under the rug because it would confirm too much.

Until any actual information from Ashley herself surfaces in this thread, then we are left playing ring-a-round-the-rosy.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #1035
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Yes Ashley is my friend, but that doesnt make me side with her automatically. If she was treating her animals bad, I would notice and SAY something and I would NOT support her, let alone stand up for her. And in all honesty, I dont care to read EVERY single little post on here because most of it is just the same few people arguing back and forth about nonsense. So seriously people, respond to me if you have something educational to pass along, not just another insult.
Going to respond to the rest of my post, or just deal with the parts you feel like?

Saying:
she had at least one snake die of IBD complications
at least five snakes die in roughly a year
at least one whose death she seems to be trying to hide
she sold at least four snakes that had mites when they left her place

Those things? They're not insults. They're FACTS.

And they're facts that indicate there's some problem with the health of her animals. Losing that many animals in a single year is not normal, she herself posted necropsy information that implicated IBD. The fact mites--the primary, if not only, carrier--were found on snakes from her collection makes it a genuine concern that IBD has spread througout.

How can you sit there and say "she has healthy snakes" with such a high death toll, vet reports, and the disease vector present? That baffles me.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #1036
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheideman View Post
How can you sit there and say "she has healthy snakes" with such a high death toll, vet reports, and the disease vector present? That baffles me.
Probably because she doesn't know much about diseases in snakes. She was sent here by Ashley to defend her. That much is obvious.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #1037
DesertRat73
Quote:
The fact that her mother is crazy and has given Ashley hell doesnt jeopardize the welfare of her snakes.
Technically speaking, this is the heart of the matter. The issues you listed her mother having are severe, genetically passed, and rarely skip generations. That part would depend on how stable her father was, and if he contributed issues of his own... forget about it. The issues that were passed to her and the way she was treated would have defined the behavioral safeguards that the community is up in arms about. I notice you didn't list an addiction related to her mom, like alcoholism or the like. If her mom doesn't have that trait I'd bet her dad did. Her rapid acquisition of the snakes when she was new to the hobby points straight at addictive personality. That combined with the absent behavioral discipline are exactly why we are here in this thread and are perfectly relevant to her potentially destructive impact on this hobby. The custody situation is unfortunate and not relevant to this thread, but it is public record. Anyone on here could look up and read the minute entries from the proceedings if they wanted to, unless the records have been sealed.

[quote=Elizabethlea27;1189047]
Oh but one last thing I noticed - desertrat there's a good reason Ashley would have picked you out to send that PM herself to you if she wanted to - she knew you would not reply with a lashing, and would be basically fair. The rest of us are quite mad at her. You posted once or twice here. I doubt if her mother really posted she would dig into the thread far enough to FIND your post before contacting someone?
QUESTION[/size]:

I completely agree, and I did consider it before posting. It was very odd that it was a new account and there had been no response to me in a weeks time. The way I figured it, which ever way it was proven out would be very revealing. Either it is accurate and explains how deep the issue goes, or it is a ploy and does the same. Either way the information gleaned seemed valuable and pertinent to why she would be so careless.

It may seem that by trying to understand the deeper issues that I may be supporting her and trying to find an excuse for what she has done. I want to be clear that this is not the case. If it does turn out that she has these issues it in no way relieves her accountability for her actions. It just shows that this would have happened no matter what in one form or another, the herp community were just the unlucky recipients of the fallout.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #1038
hboyles66
This thread has gone and come off the topic but in the end it is all the same. Ashley and Ryan have really messed up their reptile collection and may have messed up a few others also. It is very sad to see as they did have some nice animals and had they have used there Military discipline they may have made a good name for themselves but instead that acted like idiots and destroyerd their snake career forever IMO. Even if they try to make a comeback in a few years I really don't think people will forget them. I know I won't. This is another sad loss in the reptile world as this could have all been avoided by doing what Ashley preached in the Bad Guy post about Mr. Dean. She talks about her quarantine and how she only buys top dollar snakes while the whole time she wasn't even following her own guidelines. She is through and I personnaly am glad to see it. I am very sorry for all the people who may be infected by her carelessness and hope the best for you. i know how hard it would be to lose my animals because of someone who said they where my friend as she did to many people. Ashley you should just stay away from animals and get your act and life together first. You talked a big talked and walked a big walk but in the end you ended up with nothing but a bunch of hatred towards you. How stupid is that?

Old 01-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #1039
sally-dog
[quote=DesertRat73;1189123]Technically speaking, this is the heart of the matter. The issues you listed her mother having are severe, genetically passed, and rarely skip generations. That part would depend on how stable her father was, and if he contributed issues of his own... forget about it. The issues that were passed to her and the way she was treated would have defined the behavioral safeguards that the community is up in arms about. I notice you didn't list an addiction related to her mom, like alcoholism or the like. If her mom doesn't have that trait I'd bet her dad did. Her rapid acquisition of the snakes when she was new to the hobby points straight at addictive personality. That combined with the absent behavioral discipline are exactly why we are here in this thread and are perfectly relevant to her potentially destructive impact on this hobby. The custody situation is unfortunate and not relevant to this thread, but it is public record. Anyone on here could look up and read the minute entries from the proceedings if they wanted to, unless the records have been sealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethlea27 View Post
QUESTION[/size]:

I completely agree, and I did consider it before posting. It was very odd that it was a new account and there had been no response to me in a weeks time. The way I figured it, which ever way it was proven out would be very revealing. Either it is accurate and explains how deep the issue goes, or it is a ploy and does the same. Either way the information gleaned seemed valuable and pertinent to why she would be so careless.

It may seem that by trying to understand the deeper issues that I may be supporting her and trying to find an excuse for what she has done. I want to be clear that this is not the case. If it does turn out that she has these issues it in no way relieves her accountability for her actions. It just shows that this would have happened no matter what in one form or another, the herp community were just the unlucky recipients of the fallout.
I agree with this totally. Who knows who it really is (unless a mod can get the IP). Either way, it did serve its purpose to derail this thread a bit. Other than that PM hiccup, the thread's been pretty consistent about questioning Ashley's business practices and treatment of her animals.

Now, some of Ashley's friends got involved, when "Mom" showed up. Hannah is in a LOT of pictures posted on RTB.net posing with Ashley, Crystal, and the snakes. She was sent here, for no other reason than to defend Ashley about the Mama Drama and say the snakes are "healthy, because she's seen them". I recognize her name associated with the pictures Ashley posted.

It's OBVIOUS Hannah doesn't know an inkling about disease transmission or how viruses can lie dormant, or she wouldn't be arguing about the health of the animals. Animals/People can appear healthy, and still carry dangerous pathogens. Most normal people can distinguish between "healthy" and "sick", and "clean" and "dirty".

Ashley wants to send her friends over, perhaps we should ask one of them what happened to Phoenix. Why isn't Ashley answering those base questions? If you guys are her friends, WHY does she have to duck and dodge every question that comes her way? If she is so honest, why is she even in this mess in the first place?

She's HIDING something. Maybe even her "friends" don't know what. She sure came off as benevolent and trustworthy to Rachel W. and Elizabeth Vos, and look how Ashley treated them! They thought Ashley was a friend, too!

And those who say Ashley is "done"? Well, we can't trust what she (or Ryan) says at all. Whoever sees this thread in the future will probably never do business with these people, and that is just a fortunate few out of possibly hundreds or even thousands that deal with her OFFLINE. I don't think I'm alone when I think a person who has 20+ (many of them LARGE) reptiles is going to keep them all strictly as pets. They're either going to try and move the ones that they don't want to keep as "pets" all under the radar or continue what they are doing now, breeding them and selling them.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #1040
DavidBeard
I know that Crystal recently acquired a baby Bolivian Boa (she posted pics of it on Facebook)......wonder where it came from? Guess Ashley is NOT done selling animals or letting them out of her collection.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd