ARGENTINE Black and White Scratch and Dent 125.00 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Tegus

Notices

Old 06-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #1
tegusonly
ARGENTINE Black and White Scratch and Dent 125.00

These tegus are healthy, they are just cosmetically challenged. ( regen. Tail )or other minor issues that do not pose a serious health threat.

When I capture a tegu like this one, I cannot return it into the wild.

I will not sell these tegus at regular prices. I call him a scratch and dent and offer him at a great price to anyone interested in helping the tegu,my operation, and the native Florida species.
Lack of full tail does not have an impact on temperament, feeding or anything else that would change their behavior. This a common occurrence in most lizard species, captive bred and wild captured.

If these guys could speak they would probably say something like:
“hey, we’re lizards, it grows back !”

Your purchase rescues Florida tegus from a major euthanasia and eradication plan currently in progress by the state. In addition, the native species will thank you for your help in removing these nonnatives from their habitat. You will receive a healthy from a gene pool of over twenty thousand animals mating in the wild. If you love tegus and would like to assist the balance of nature In a way that protects the very special ecosystem that is the Everglades, this is a purchase you can feel good about.

MORE THAN JUST BREEDING

Contact me at 305 772 8140 or irwinisland@gmail.com
Rodney Irwin Tegusonly.com
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 06-26-2017, 05:17 AM   #2
gayiguana
hey!! is he still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-26-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
tegusonly
No, sorry that one has been sold. However, I have others just like him

Please contact me at irwinisland@ gmail.com (always the best way )

Thanks,

Rodney Irwin
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #4
Yvonne Tracy
Beautiful! I wish my Bearded Dragons tail would grow back.. Unfortunately not all lizards tails grow back ... So these are wild caught tegus? Easily tamable?

Old 06-28-2017, 08:15 PM   #5
tegusonly
Here is what you need to know about tameness :
Argentine black and white (Tupinambis merianae) tegus are tame by their very nature.
Tameness cannot be bred into or out of them. Captive bred or wild caught,
Tupinambus merianae have a genetic predisposition to be a smart, curios, gentle animal. You can think of it like this : When your tegu arrives, it is a blank slate. It will become what you make of it. You will be the first human to spend quality time with it.

Those are the facts. I will not say that my tegus are ‘puppy dog tame’ and will not bite because don’t know you. I don’t know who will be handling it, if it is being fed live food items, type of enclosure, proximity to other pets like dogs, cats, and about a hundred other things. When a seller claims his tegu is tame, you need to understand that he is, of course, telling you what you want to hear to sell you a tegu. No one can predict exactly how that tegu will act when it is removed from an environment where it is familiar and comfortable, shipped to a new and different world, then handled by strangers. Do not count on a pet shop or breeder to tame your tegu for you. It does not work that way. The Argentine’s are so popular because they adapt to these kind of changes easily.
All my tegus are healthy and fully capable of being your best friend with very little effort on your part, just the same as captive bred.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-26-2017, 10:52 PM   #6
Azazel2017
Still available?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!