The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020 - Page 23 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #221
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by imabirdmom View Post
I really like Helenthereefs idea. Only contributing members can post but it's visible to all because it does seem very sad to lose that information for new members coming on board
If the contributing members are not contributing enough to provide funding in case of a legal action, which seems to be the case, then Rich should not have to bear that risk and cost himself. If new members thought the information is of enough value to them to keep the site going, they would have become contributing members. With your suggestion, new members would have no incentive to help outings return for the valuable information they receive.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #222
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by imabirdmom View Post
I really like Helenthereefs idea. Only contributing members can post but it's visible to all because it does seem very sad to lose that information for new members coming on board
Yeah, maybe good for the new members, but where does that leave things for me concerning the reason in the first place this is taking place? Not enough new members registering to make any difference, as best I can tell. And certainly not in the case of contributing members. So the support for the BOI has just lost the critical mass it needed to survive, and not likely to return.

BTW, on 08-02-2019, I will be closing down the BOI to both posting and viewing by all but Contributor level members and above. I had set it this way originally when this thread was active, but then with the situation on facebook seemingly potentially bringing more past and future members here, I relented thinking that the highlighted notice about the BOI being removed on 02-02-2020 might change the outlook somewhat if more of those people took note of what the future was bringing. But this does not appear to be a significant change in outlook here any longer. So back to the original course.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #223
Royal Roaches
Hello, thank you for all your hard work over the years....a thankless job I'm sure.

I just renewed my membership....I'm a terrible procrastinator.

I think 25 bucks is a worthwhile investment regardless of my personal level of involvement on this site. I feel like I'm contributing to a community, a community that I'm enthused to be a part of.....if you support a cause then why not invest into it. (money, time, volunteer, etc...)

I have read a lot of what you have written Rich, I have been involved in many different endeavors that required quite a bit of my time.....some were very rewarding others were a real pita....

Have you considered selling Fauna to someone who may have more time, willing to sacrifice more of a monetary investment, and/or isn't quite so burned out....at least I get the vibe you are burned out. At least you seem to no longer have the "idealism" that more than likely used to energize your Fauna passion.

It would be a shame to lose such a great resource....although having walked a wee bit in shoes like yours....I understand completely why sometimes you just have to walk away. Send me a PM if you ever consider selling "Fauna World".....Mike

Old 07-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #224
WebSlave
Heck, if someone would throw a rational figure at me, of course I would consider selling FaunaClassifieds. Problem is, every time a discussion heads in that direction, first thing a person will ask me is what I would want for it. When I tell them, "I don't know, make me your best offer", they then want me to gather up all the figures and details about the income producing and traffic history of this site for them. Thanks, but no thanks. I am not interested in doing that kind of work for likely no return on that effort. If I were actively pursuing selling the site, then yes, the burden would be on me to take on that task. But I am not, so the burden is on a prospective buyer to make the determination of what the site will be worth to them, and make an offer accordingly. Then I will either accept or decline, and the discussion is over with. Clean and simple.

In actuality, I don't think divesting this site of the BOI will have much of an impact with traffic or income it is bringing in. Just the reduction in potential liability from frivolous lawsuits will be a huge benefit. And also result in a huge reduction in general aggravation and headaches. So I can't see this site not being able to produce even a modest income for me, with much reduced headaches, for perhaps the rest of my life. So with all that in mind, no, I'm not actively considering selling the site, nor pursuing that path. That is not to say that if someone threw a surprise offer at me that would be stupid of me to decline, I wouldn't accept it. But I just don't see that happening.

Of course I have had offers over the years, but they weren't realistic, or perhaps just fishing for financial information only for curiosity sake, and I declined to continue the discussion.

Anyway, thanks for renewing your membership. I do appreciate everyone who is trying to help out when they can. It is JUST the Board of Inquiry that is going away, not the entire site.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:38 PM   #225
elthznd901
Facebook for the animal groups is dying(probably already mentioned somewhere in this thread but I didn't read it all).. they are closing down animal groups left and right even if there is a singular hint of a post with an animal for sale. I would be surprised if this didn't drive traffic to this site.. BOI or not. That said I have noticed many of the newer people to the herp community people dont know about this site and only really know about Facebook (and some Morphmarket). I am not sure how you can get the word out there, but I do try and mention the site whenever I can.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:36 PM   #226
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by elthznd901 View Post
Facebook for the animal groups is dying(probably already mentioned somewhere in this thread but I didn't read it all).. they are closing down animal groups left and right even if there is a singular hint of a post with an animal for sale. I would be surprised if this didn't drive traffic to this site.. BOI or not. That said I have noticed many of the newer people to the herp community people dont know about this site and only really know about Facebook (and some Morphmarket). I am not sure how you can get the word out there, but I do try and mention the site whenever I can.
Thank you.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:34 PM   #227
StikyPaws312@aol.com
Talking

As of this morning it looks like the biggest FBI (Feedback and Inquiry) Facebook group has been shut down by facebook. I would fully expect people to come back to the BOI for research and posting Feedback on sellers and buyers very soon Yay! Back to the good forum days

Old 08-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #228
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by StikyPaws312@aol.com View Post
As of this morning it looks like the biggest FBI (Feedback and Inquiry) Facebook group has been shut down by facebook.
WTF? That was not a sales group at all.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:03 PM   #229
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
WTF? That was not a sales group at all.
It was not supposed to be. But despite rules and almost heroic oversight, people were constantly trying to sell, give references to friends, etc. I did not see anyone brazen enough to put up ads, but they would comment in a thread that if the thread OP wanted a better deal, to contact them or their friend or a company which was not the subject of the inquiry.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:44 PM   #230
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Heck, if someone would throw a rational figure at me, of course I would consider selling FaunaClassifieds. Problem is, every time a discussion heads in that direction, first thing a person will ask me is what I would want for it. When I tell them, "I don't know, make me your best offer", they then want me to gather up all the figures and details about the income producing and traffic history of this site for them. Thanks, but no thanks. I am not interested in doing that kind of work for likely no return on that effort. If I were actively pursuing selling the site, then yes, the burden would be on me to take on that task. But I am not, so the burden is on a prospective buyer to make the determination of what the site will be worth to them, and make an offer accordingly. Then I will either accept or decline, and the discussion is over with. Clean and simple.

In actuality, I don't think divesting this site of the BOI will have much of an impact with traffic or income it is bringing in. Just the reduction in potential liability from frivolous lawsuits will be a huge benefit. And also result in a huge reduction in general aggravation and headaches. So I can't see this site not being able to produce even a modest income for me, with much reduced headaches, for perhaps the rest of my life. So with all that in mind, no, I'm not actively considering selling the site, nor pursuing that path. That is not to say that if someone threw a surprise offer at me that would be stupid of me to decline, I wouldn't accept it. But I just don't see that happening.

Of course I have had offers over the years, but they weren't realistic, or perhaps just fishing for financial information only for curiosity sake, and I declined to continue the discussion.
When I asked you if you considered selling it, you didn’t seem to want to, I guess I could have got the wrong impression.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!