The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020 - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:59 PM   #121
Looney
I'd like to gift 4 $25 paid memberships. One for Mike Troetti: username: Miket1971 and Mike Souza usrename: Snakeman236. The other two can be decided by more established members of this forum.

Rich,

Send me a message to figure out the details.

Thanks,

Chris

Old 02-05-2019, 12:49 AM   #122
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
I'd like to gift 4 $25 paid memberships. One for Mike Troetti: username: Miket1971 and Mike Souza usrename: Snakeman236. The other two can be decided by more established members of this forum.

Rich,

Send me a message to figure out the details.

Thanks,

Chris
PM sent. Thank you.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #123
Fatalis
I was wondering why no new BOI threads were popping up in my feed. I am very saddened to hear this but I understand the reasoning. Perhaps this site would consider taking on the structure more seen on arachnoboards? There you leave reviews with a rating directly on a person's profile. It's much easier to see the reputation of a person and doesn't seem to require as much moderation. Thank you for all you do in taking care of this site.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:29 PM   #124
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalis View Post
There you leave reviews with a rating directly on a person's profile.
Actually, it already is and has been this way
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2019, 05:17 PM   #125
Fatalis
I do think improvements could be made, if it were thought it was a worthy investment. On arachnoboards their profile reviews are advertised as being the main way to get good info on sellers/buyers, whereas here I got the impression that the BOI was fauna's main thing. Perhaps how I use fauna has affected my view, but trader rating just isn't as approachable and isn't a well known/used feature.

Ultimately and of course it's not up to me, but just my two cents.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:46 PM   #126
Looney
I'd like one of the other two gift memberships I purchased to go to username
JumpSpidersInc: real name=Maggie Headley. Rich confirm when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Chris

Old 02-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #127
Looney
The other can go to username Fatalis. Real name= Erin Summer. Rich please confirm when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Chris

Old 02-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #128
WebSlave
Quote:
I'd like one of the other two gift memberships I purchased to go to username
JumpSpidersInc: real name=Maggie Headley. Rich confirm when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Chris
Quote:
The other can go to username Fatalis. Real name= Erin Summer. Rich please confirm when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Chris
Done!

Thank you!

Old 02-23-2019, 01:41 AM   #129
WebSlave
FYI, for anyone who has noticed, I am changing permissions in the BOI forum whereby some days regular members and visitors can see thread topic lines, or both thread topic lines and thread content in the BOI. But posting by regular members will not be re-enabled at any time.

Couple of reasons, one of which is because I want to see how that affects the statistics for the Google Adsense ads I am running here.

A second reason is because I may just open up the BOI now and again at random times and for random periods of time just to allow new members to get a peek at what is in the forum. Perhaps they will find it worth becoming a paying member sooner or later. Heck, probably not, but what the heck. Can't say I didn't try.

Not a whole lot can be determined from traffic statistics quite yet, in this short period of time, but there has been an upswing in paid memberships, although there have also been a few that have dropped out recently as well. I do thank all of you who have helped out recently both with new memberships and renewals.

As an aside, I believe there is a good chance that this site might be able to survive based solely on the classifieds sections. Which might very well mean that all general discussion forums can go away as well, with little to no impact to this site. So if the statistics seem to point in that direction next year, and all those forums are just taking up space for no good reason, and losing them will not have any real impact here, those might be gone as well. Honestly, I never have been able to work up much interest from the membership for those general discussion groups anyway. And now with Facebook providing that service to most people, and they seem to find that more to their liking anyway, then heck, why bother with them here at all? This IS FaunaClassifieds, after all, is it not? So maybe this site can get along just fine solely being a classifieds site and do away with all that unused clutter that no one really gives a damn about anyway.

Anyway, this is sort of a status report on this topic. For anyone interested, of course.

Old 02-23-2019, 07:30 PM   #130
Pasodama
I can see doing away with some, or most?, forums but, honestly, I would hate to see all of them disappear.
Maybe you could just condense some of the separate forums into one. At least for a time? Then see how that goes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!