Fun with Garters - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-02-2006, 02:23 AM   #1
Rebel Dragons
Fun with Garters

In an effort to get Randy's contest a little bit of steam I'll start a thread here.

My very first experiences with snakes were some garters that lived in my backyard in Lakeland, Fl. We had some railroad ties in the backyard that served as borders for the flower beds my mom had. My friends and I would always flip over the railroad ties and try to catch the snakes. Well one time while on our hunt for snakes we flipped a railroad tie over and found a ton of baby garters. Being 7 yrs old it seemed like a million of them. We collected those things up in a bucket and brought them all around the neighborhood showing them off to anyone who would look. After showing them off we brought the bucket back to my house and left them on the carport. My mother coming home from work later that evening happend to come across the bucket and not being a snake person about had a heart attack. All I can remember is the screaming and my dad running at full speed to see what the fuss was about.

. Thinking back on it now it's hilarious but for a long time my mom would make the rounds thoughout the backyard and carport with a large stick tipping over anything that might have a snake in it. I still wonder why we never dumped that bucket out. Knowing us we wanted to keep them forever.

Anyway, I know stupid and pointless post but I just happened to be talking to my mom today telling her about the boa I got. She then had to tell me about the "Great Garter Snake Incident of 1986". I admit I had forgot all about those snakes until she mentioned it, but boy, I remember it now. Lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!