Fred Albury... BUYER BEWARE!!! BAD GUY!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-17-2003, 07:40 AM   #1
sir-pent
Fred Albury... BUYER BEWARE!!! BAD GUY!!!

Fred Albury took my money for a pair of Western Hognose last YEAR and has hemmed and hawed his way into not ever sending them to me. He has pled death in the family, having to move, having one of the snakes die, and a plethora of other issues. I have offered to accept substitutions, or even my money back which he has refused over and over and over again.

Beware of doing business with this man. He will promise you the world and not deliver.

Landon Johnson

Old 06-17-2003, 07:55 AM   #2
ReticEd
Hi Sir-pent.
It would be beneficial for both you and Fred if any email and or other correspondence between you and he were posted here in their entirety. (Establish a time line and info trail)
Any reciepts, MO stubs, cancelled checks etc. that can help with this can also be posted.

Has Fred been notified of this threads existance yet?
If not, would you mind mailing him the link for it so that he may come in on it as well?
It would make a well balanced thread,

I have no experience with Fred, only some chat sessions quite a time ago and I must say, I was rather suprised at this as I don't recall anyone having any problems with him in the arena of sales and service, but I have heard quite a bit of praise and not just on this site!

Old 06-17-2003, 12:11 PM   #3
BriarpatchHerps
Fred to me seems like a standup guy and everything Ive heard prior to this says he is. Im not doubting you have a situation to iron out but Freds a damn nice guy......Im sure with a friendly attitude and non threatening approach he would be more than happy to send you replacement animals or at least a credit.

Old 06-17-2003, 12:22 PM   #4
E2MacPets
I have to agree with the consensus so far.... Fred has always struck me as being one of the good guys.

I also agree that you need to post proof of your corespondence, payment, etc... and notify Fred of this thread so we can hear both sides of the story.

Whatever the case, I hope things can be worked out.

Old 06-17-2003, 12:32 PM   #5
Darin Chappell
I gotta say that Fred has never seemed shady to me in the slightest, either. I realize things can change and good guys can go bad, but you really are going to have to post actual proof in order to get anywhere. That applies to anyone making any accusation, but when someone is recognized for being a decent guy by so many, the bar is a bit higher, I suppose.

Post your proof, and lets see what Fred's side of the story is. I know the people here will be fair and unbiased, if the proof is in your pudding.

Sorry to hear about the trouble, either way!

Old 06-17-2003, 12:55 PM   #6
sir-pent
Question How do I post emails?

I have several emails both to and from Fred that support my statements. How do I post them to this forum other than cutting and pasting the text?

When I filed with IFCC, I had to provide a timeline that summarized each email - is that what is needed here?

Thanks,

LJ

Old 06-17-2003, 01:49 PM   #7
E2MacPets
cut-and-paste is fine, as long as Fred views this thread and doesn't deny the contents. If that were the case then your best bet would be to forward copies to one of the moderators here as proof.

Old 06-17-2003, 02:19 PM   #8
annmccabemiles
I also am having a problem

I have refrained from posting here because I have always admired Fred and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt; however, after reading Landon's post I feel that the time has
unfortunately come to do so.

I puchased 0.1 CA King (advertised here) by postal MO several months ago. Fred explained to me that he wanted to ship all snakes on one day and that it would possibly a few weeks before he shipped her. I wish I had known this prior to sending the MO, but I wanted her so badly because of his reptutation for very clean animals both genetically and husbandry wise, that I decided to rely on my patience and just hang on.

It has been several months and each time I have emailed him he writes back and tells me that he is waiting on the money from another sale and that he has not forgotten our transaction, please be patient. He will send the snake soon.

I finally ran out of patience and am no longer am interested in
waiting. I wrote to Fred last week and aksed for him to please just return my money. He responded with an abrupt email that began with "Return your money?" and continued on to say that he would have returned it if the snake had been in ill health. He did have her and was waiting for money from another sale and would be sending her out at the same time, that was June 9 and
I have not heard a word since.

I have all emails regarding this tranacton but I hesitate to post
them, I really feel for Fred, but I just want my money back and to
forget this whole thing. Everyone has bad times, I understand that as well as the next person but I feel that I should post #1 to back Landon's claim and #2 to warn anyone else about Fred's
hopefully temporary irresponsible behavior.

I post this with a heavy heart.

Ann McCabe Miles

Old 06-17-2003, 02:28 PM   #9
annmccabemiles
here is the ad

Last Thread Next Thread
Author Thread

Fred Albury

Feedback Rating: (0)
CALIFORNIA KINGSNAKE * BONANZA! !*
AVAILABLE:

The following Cal Kings are available for sale. All are captive bred and either produced by myself or purchased from local breeders. All have been in my collection a minimum of 6 months to as much as 4 years.Local sales are encouraged, so if yoyu live in the San Diego,Southern Calif area feel free to come down and see them.Sorry, no pictures are available of these snakes at this time.

1.0 2002 High white Cal Kingsnake
This snake has a high degre of white coloration. Very clean and pretty. Produced by Mr.Steve Little(Lost on Snakes) here in San Diego,Calif in 2002. ALWAYS eats, never bites, pretty nice, good looking and healthy cal king.

Price: $80.00

0.1 1999 Striped Calif Kingsnake
I produced this snake from a breeding of striped to striped
parents. Complete unbroken stripe+Happy face pattern on head. VORACIOUS feeder,a bit on the thin side right now, but with a few feeding should pork right back up(Was brumated). Very clean, good looking DARK brown and WHITE(Not yellow,ugh) Cal King. Worth every penny to someone that wants to produce nice stripes.

Price:$100.00

1.0 *CHOCOLATE* PHASE Cal Kingsnake-
EVERYONE that sees this guy never guesses correctly about what he IS. Their minds dont bend around seeing a California Kingsnake that is CHOCOLATE BROWN!! He has the faintest pattern showing underneath this chocolate brown coloration. And his eyes are a blue color. This strain was made popular by the late Lloyd Lemke. Truly an oddity. Healthy and always eats. Will make a great pet or breeder. Cage is available.

Price: $100.00

Shipping is not included in the price. Again,I would prefer to sell locally, just to skip the drama of shipping, but will ship if you are serious. These snakes are guaranteed to feed and be mite and tick free..Contact me if your seriously interested

Thanks,

Fred Albury
Aztec Reptiles

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
Warning Level: 1 [ View User Warnings ]

03-09-2003 01:05 AM