Another FAKE pastel ad from Geni Mullins - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:16 PM   #41
SPJ
$3000 for a pastel 2 years ago.
The price sounds about right Rob.

The only thing odd is having an albino retic 2 years ago and not knowing what a pastel BP looks like.

Wouldn't just the albino retic alone have been more than a fair trade for a pastel at what the prices were going for 2 years ago?

Old 07-26-2004, 05:36 PM   #42
missbaby
Yeah I guess your right. I would be mad too. but spreading rumors and being mean on the internet is not going to hurt the persons feelings if they ripped you off. That is why I got so upset, I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I'm just not sure that he's not a pastel. I have had to much positive feed back from alot of people on that snake. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess. I'm not mad at anyone. I just don't like to be pushed after I have offered an apology that I didn't have to make in the 1st place. I could have just told evrey one to go u know where and ignored it. But I'm not that kind of person.

If I were a breeder I could see someone getting really upset about it. I hate to think that I got scammed after sacrificing what I did for this snake. That Retic was not cheap. He was mean but not cheap. I will take him to a few friends of mine and have them look at him. If I did get scammed, your right I'm sure someone know who and where Mike is! But it will have to wait until my present situation is over with.

Thanks for the feed back and I'm sorry to all

Old 07-26-2004, 05:53 PM   #43
missbaby
Maybe? Bob was selling them for 25k. But Pastels were very rare, or that is what I was told. Not to mention that if you had a 5 yr old that loves snakes and a snake as mean as the retic the trade was a blessing. We thought we were stuck with a huge mean snake! I don't know if you have ever been to a reptile show in Dallas, but people just don't pay that kind of money out at the shows. They may do it on the net or in the pet stores but I have not had any luck. My albino burms were priced at 200.00 each I ended up (after 3 shows) lowering the price to 90.00 each. We are not even a small breeder. We are just indiviuals that sell what we have too much of.

We got the albino retic by accident anyway. We loaned a friend 2k to help him finance the purchase of the snake and then he disappeared. When we thought we caught up with him, we had only caught up with the snake. His mother gave us the snake who at that time was very imasiated and dehydrated. It almost died. But even then it was a mean booger.

Old 07-26-2004, 06:08 PM   #44
ajc
Just FYI,

The market price of pastels in 2001 was $1,500 for males and $2,500 for females. Needless to say, they've not changed much since then.

Old 07-26-2004, 06:13 PM   #45
ajc
Re: Wow!

Quote:
Originally posted by dayligon
In 2002, you traded an albino retic and timors *plus* cash for a male "pastel jungle"? It sounds like Mike got more for that normal ball python than he ever could have dreamed. I'm sorry to hear you got taken for such a ride.
My thoughts exactly. Albino Retics were every bit of $2,500 back then and I know for a fact that male Pastels were only $1,500.

Quote:
Originally posted by dayligon
Incidentally, I haven't talked to Bob in a while and am probably just out of the loop, but when did he start hosting shows?
Bob has been putting on a show in Arlington for the past couple years. Apparetnly, he got kicked out of the one put on by Bonnie Arnold for doing a show that competed with one she was putting on, so he just went and put on his own show.

Old 07-26-2004, 06:17 PM   #46
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Steve,

She already stated that the Snake was priced at $1700 and not the amount she traded him for it. This whole thing still sounds too fishy and it seems to get more as time goes by. Also the price I listed on the Albino Retic was very low compared to what they were really selling for 2 years ago. Their prices have dropped substantially since then and are now about that price.

Old 07-26-2004, 06:24 PM   #47
SPJ
Oh OK. I missed that. I was figuring $3K would not have been unreasonable for a pastel (look at waht Ruppel still advertises his for ).

BTW,
That is not a pastel no matter how many of your friends think it is.

This snake has incredible coloring but it is not a pastel (even though it looks closer to one than the one you listed).
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2004, 07:59 PM   #48
bpc
Please tell me when I have ever had a pastel or even a pastel jungle for sale?

Last year, I posted some pics of a snake and asked for opinions on it. A discusion much like this one insued, but that snake was never, not once, put on sale.

The story about the trade in question is absurd. Rob's breakdown of the value of the animals traded for this "pastel" is low to say the least. Albino retics were every bit of 3k 2 years ago, and pastel jungles were about $1500. So if she really made that trade, then she got screwed beyond belief!

The point I am trying to make here is this. The ad is fine. The snake is described as a "pastel," end of quote. It is not described as a "pastel jungle." I don't think the word morph is ever used in the original ad. There are 3 pics of the snake, which according to everyone arguing against my point, CLEARY show this snake is not a "pastel jungle morph." She is asking $500 OBO, not $1500 or $2000 which would be the market value of a true "pastel jungle." And for all the people yall are so worried about getting ripped off.......... don't you think that if someone is getting ready to spend $1500 on a snake, they should be able to descern the difference as easily as we did? Let the buyer beware.

And to the A$$HOLE who wants to attack me with "don't own one BS," if I wanted them, I could trade half my collection for more than you'll ever own, tomorrow. So take that and stick it. You don't know me, and you don't know what I have or don't have. Sorry to be petty, but I think he deserves it. 3 beers will do that to ya! LOL

Old 07-26-2004, 08:13 PM   #49
SPJ
Pastel implies that the snake is a genetic, proven morph.

It does not matter whether it is called pastel, pastel jungle, stonewash pastel, cinnamon pastel, pewter pastel, etc.

The key here is that when you advertise a BP as a pastel, it had better be genetic and NOT a brightly colored normal.

With your line of reasoning, I could have sold the snake I just posted a pic of as a pastel. It's not and I would not misrepresent it as one to try and get more money.

Old 07-26-2004, 08:14 PM   #50
dayligon
Point taken

Brian, but Ms. Mullins has not stated that she was merely describing the color of the snake, but that she was under the strong impression that it *was* a morph. So it doesn't really matter that the ad could be read to advertise a really pretty ball python, the fact is that she was under the impression she was selling a pastel jungle. That she chose to sell it for a low price (high for a normal) doesn't change the message.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!