Bad Guy Natalie Beacom=Problem Buyer... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
DavidBeard
Natalie Beacom=Problem Buyer...

Natalie Beacom (user name Charlet 2007 on here) recently inquired about the pair of WS Black Ratsnakes that I have posted for sale in the classifieds.

She expressed interest in purchasing them and made me an offer on November 20th. I agreed to her offer, even though it was substantially less than what I was asking for the snakes (we agreed upon $200 shipped instead of the $200+shipping that I am asking, essentially giving her free shipping on the animals).

Natalie says she will PayPal me the money for the snakes on November 22nd and we agreed upon a shipping date. Three days go by and I do not hear from Natalie and I have not received payment for the snakes. The day that she agreed to purchase them, I went to the various websites where I had them listed for sale and marked them sold, thus taking them off the market.

Finally on November 25th I get a PM from Natalie, asking if I would be OK with holding onto the snakes until the weather warms up because she was concerned with their safe arrival during shipping. I assured her that I would guarantee live arrival and that I have successfully shipped many animals in cold weather before with no fatalities. She agreed to send payment for the animals as long as I would hold onto them for her, which I agreed to.

I have not heard from Natalie since November 25th and I have not received payment for the snakes. The snakes were off the market for a week while I was awaiting payment from her, making me miss out on numerous opportunities to sell the animals to other interested parties.

Natalie agreed to buy snakes from me and did not come through with her end of the agreement, which has cost me $200 in money that I could definitely put to use in this rough economic time period.

Sellers beware!

Old 11-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Charlet_2007
First off i didn't not ask you to hold them for me.. 2nd of ive been having problems with my surgery and have not been home.. i have been in and out of the hospital over the last week.. I do want them still but I've been really sick.. I've bought my 2 red tails from Harold ask him I'm a good person... Just this gall blatter crap (the incision sites are infected and i was running a 103.8 fever in the er) is getting the best of me.. I'm right now on a lap top in the hospital typing this to you.. if you want to mark me a bad person for me being sick that your business.. Sorry i havent had a computer i could get on..

Old 11-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
KNOBTAIL
Thumbs down David

until you have the cash in hand, the items in question should never be taken off the market. Its simple business. Promises do not mean anything in this herp market, payment does. The sale is contingent upon who pays you first.

When you saw no payment as promised, you should have moved on with your attempt to sell the snakes elsewhere. If she decided to contact you again, the only course of action would be payment , if you had them at that point.

Even if she wanted the animals held, , it should be for a short duration or let her shop elsewhere... You cannot afford to get wrapped up in her health related issues, nor should you. Regardless of her private health issues, payment via paypal only requires a computer and an account with paypal. JERRY

Old 11-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
critical bill
I'd have to agree with Jerry on that. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
until you have the cash in hand, the items in question should never be taken off the market. Its simple business. Promises do not mean anything in this herp market, payment does. The sale is contingent upon who pays you first.

When you saw no payment as promised, you should have moved on with your attempt to sell the snakes elsewhere. If she decided to contact you again, the only course of action would be payment , if you had them at that point.

Even if she wanted the animals held, , it should be for a short duration or let her shop elsewhere... You cannot afford to get wrapped up in her health related issues, nor should you. Regardless of her private health issues, payment via paypal only requires a computer and an account with paypal. JERRY

Unfortunately...you are dead right Jerry. I used to give buyers the benefit of the doubt. Now, if they want the animals held I require a PayPal deposit. It's sad but necessary

Old 11-30-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
dzoo
I agree with Jerry. It's not "SOLD" until payment, or at least a deposit, is received. Especially if you really need the money or need to move the animal quickly. Your case is a pretty typical scenario with internet sales unfortunately.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
DavidBeard
Natalie, your health issues are beyond my control. They have nothing to do with your inability to come through with payment for the animals as you said you would.

All it takes is 2 minutes out of your time to call me (I gave you my cell #) or shoot me a PM/e-mail and let me know whats going on instead of just leaving me hanging.

Three times you promised to send payment for the snakes and three times you failed to do so.

I am no longer interested in selling you anything.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:50 PM   #8
David Reid
David, if you took the snakes off the market before she sent a deposit, or paid in full, that is on you. No deposit, no payment, the snakes should have been left up for sale. It happens all the time with internet sales. It has happened to me, so now, I require a deposit, usually Paypal, or payment in full, or the animal stays up for sale.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
DavidBeard
I am fully aware of that, but can you see where this whole situation would rub me the wrong way?

In today's media-driven society, there are very few excuses for lack of communication when it comes to business dealings.

I treat others how I want to be treated.....is it too much to expect that in return? I suppose so in this case.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
I am fully aware of that, but can you see where this whole situation would rub me the wrong way?

In today's media-driven society, there are very few excuses for lack of communication when it comes to business dealings.

I treat others how I want to be treated.....is it too much to expect that in return? I suppose so in this case.
Aside from the payment situation.... I do not believe that you concocted some story about her asking to hold the snakes due to the weather- which she is denying she did. I think she is lying about that part. I think she was stalling for time or money and she should have just been honest and up front with you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
natalie beacom, noahs arc