Bad Guy Chaos Reptiles and Pet Supply, Dan Peck and Josh Stone - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #61
mikeyt
I would like to say that I have never met or spoken to anyone from chaos reptiles. However I had my first encounter with their animals at a show in October of 2008. As I stopped and looked over the animals they had on display for sale I could not believe that anyone in this business (new or old) would have the nerve to place such animals on their table for sale. Garbage, absolute garbage. Some of these animals were clearly imported, scabbed up, dirty, dehydrated, and plain out sick and disgusting. While I was standing at their table I know of atleast one vendor who mentioned many of these animals to the person working the table, and the animals were then removed and placed back under the table. Just wanted to say thank you to that vendor and any others that still have enough respect for this business to step up to the plate to help protect the people that come to these shows to buy.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #62
DAND
Mike,

If you don't mind me asking, what show was this at, and who was vending the show (taller guy with some tattoos or shorter one with glasses)?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #63
mikeyt
It was at the new Carlisle, Pa show. It was there first show. It was some kid named Cody. I did not see them back at the second show. While standing at the table, I heard him tell several people that were complaining about the condition of the animals that they were not his and that they all belonged to chaos reptile and that he was just helping them out trying to sell them.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #64
DAND
They seem to have a problem showing up themselves as of late. Again, no surprise.

Hey look, there goes Chaos again

Old 02-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #65
hotsnkss
I was at the Carlisle show and saw Chaos Reptiles table there.Everything on the table looked good and seemed to be in good healthy condition. The Uromastyx seemed cold and were not moving around but it was cold in there. I ended up buying 2 of these and they are still with me and doing great they just needed a little heat.I have also dealt with Chaos at the Hamburg show and have never had any problems. I will continue to deal with them at all shows. No matter who you deal with you are always going to hear good and bad about each and every person. Just remember when you own any type of business you cant please everyone. There will always be a few unsatisfied people.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #66
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsnkss View Post
I was at the Carlisle show and saw Chaos Reptiles table there.Everything on the table looked good and seemed to be in good healthy condition. The Uromastyx seemed cold and were not moving around but it was cold in there. I ended up buying 2 of these and they are still with me and doing great they just needed a little heat.I have also dealt with Chaos at the Hamburg show and have never had any problems. I will continue to deal with them at all shows. No matter who you deal with you are always going to hear good and bad about each and every person. Just remember when you own any type of business you cant please everyone. There will always be a few unsatisfied people.
True, How ever you can make that list shorter if you pay them the money that is due to them!!

Old 02-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #67
John E Dove
Quote:
No matter who you deal with you are always going to hear good and bad about each and every person. Just remember when you own any type of business you cant please everyone. There will always be a few unsatisfied people.
I am glad you had a good experience with them but the statement quoted is just wrong. I just did searches for bad guy posts for a few companies I know to be the best in the business and found no compalints.
The truth is a good company corrects their mistakes and tries to work with their customer even when the mistake is something beyond their control.

It is only the truly bad business people who will not try to satisify their clients complaints.

As I said I am gld you had a good experience with this seller but what will really count will be the way they blow you off the first time you have a bad experience with them.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #68
AvandisFifth187
Really?

I'm also glad you have good business with them, too.

Quote:
Just remember when you own any type of business you cant please everyone. There will always be a few unsatisfied people.
Yes, but most business owners do not make the same mistakes let alone many of the things they've done. Yes, there may be a few unsatisfied costumers, but obviously there is some sort of issue when there are more people coming out with bad stories rather then good. Sure, there may be more wpeople that have had a good experience with them than bad, but until they speak up, it leads one to believe that they are not a good business to deal with.

Quote:
No matter who you deal with you are always going to hear good and bad about each and every person.
Yes, you will, but again there is more bad coming out about this particular business than good.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #69
DAND
Quote:
I would hate to see what your collection looks like then.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #70
DAND
Quote:
I was at the Carlisle show and saw Chaos Reptiles table there.Everything on the table looked good and seemed to be in good healthy condition. The Uromastyx seemed cold and were not moving around but it was cold in there. I ended up buying 2 of these and they are still with me and doing great they just needed a little heat.I have also dealt with Chaos at the Hamburg show and have never had any problems. I will continue to deal with them at all shows.No matter who you deal with you are always going to hear good and bad about each and every person. Just remember when you own any type of business you cant please everyone. There will always be a few unsatisfied people.
I look forward to seeing your 66% het for Cinnamon collection.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!