Good Guy!.....John Mellyn...New Braunfels Tx. Snake Farm - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-18-2004, 06:56 PM   #1
Reptile Locators
Thumbs up Good Guy!.....John Mellyn...New Braunfels Tx. Snake Farm

My family and i have been to the snake farm in New Braunfels Tx. many times in the past 3-5 years and john and i have compleated many reptile deals and we just completed anther deal which went very well.
I always get excited to see all of the critters at the snake farm and ecurage anyone who get's the chance to visit
With John and take a look around he has a nice crotalus display and an impressive King Cobra along with many other herps Hot And non-vens herps.

I will be compleating another deal with john this week and am sure i will be pleased with it as well as past deals

Thank's John Always been a Pleasure!

here is a pick of one of the herps i traded to him that will be displayed there. and sugest anyone would be happy in dealing with John at the snake farm and enjoy the exhibited animals

Peace Out!
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2004, 10:42 PM   #2
Tim Cole
Thumbs up Snake Farm...

I also recommend visiting Snake Farm. John has worked hard to keep it up and has a large variety of herps on display. He has been keeping crocodilians since I've known him (late 70's). Yea, I'm an old timer!

Old 11-18-2004, 11:16 PM   #3
glenn
total agreement

i must agree with randy....i've been in san antonio for several years and have brought my boys to the snake farm on several ocassions and it has always been an enjoyment...it is a wonderful place to allow visitors to get an up-close and personal viewing of some very healthy and exotic snakes that would, otherwise, be inaccesible to most people...

i am also about to start a new thread regarding my eyeless scrub python and update some folks as to the results of my observations over the past 3 months or so, just for those who are interested...

Old 11-19-2004, 04:07 PM   #4
telefrag
I've been a yearly visitor to the snake farm there as well.

But last time I was there , I saw a disturbing site back in the section where the books and other various nic-naks were for sale.

The in ground rattlesnake "pit" back there is a disturbing site.
There were about 20 snakes in there ( I estimate) C.atrox, some coachwhips, some texas rats, and a emoryi or two.

I saw no standing water to drink, most of the snakes were very very very thin (like they havent eaten in many months)

Well..there was one larger coachwhip who was probably feeding on smaller pit-mates that looked pretty robust
But he was the only one I noticed that didnt appear to be malnourished.

I sat and looked into this "pit" For about 15 minutes and had to leave.

It was depressing.

This was just a few months ago (mid summer)

While the place has always been a "Must stop and see" in between DFW and San Antonio for me.
The last trip totally turned me off.

Yes, there are lots of neat animals there to see and get up close to, but I dont feel there is any real excuse to house animals that way.

I felt like i'd just been to a rattlesnake round up.

Just my .02.

Also, interestingly, there was a DOR ball python on the access road outside the place as well.

Old 11-19-2004, 04:29 PM   #5
nathan12345
am also about to start a new thread regarding my eyeless scrub python and update some folks as to the results of my observations over the past 3 months or so, just for those who are interested...

how can you think a eyeless snake is worth so much it should not be breed you are just greedy and want money for a handicape snake

Old 11-19-2004, 04:55 PM   #6
glenn
to nathan

nathan...before you start mouthing of about me being greedy and money hungry, go look at the last post on the thread about glendon mcdonalds ethics......where i clearly state that the snake is not going to be bred.....read and research before you speak son.......
if i were money hungry the snake would have already been sold months ago for far more than i paid....

Old 11-20-2004, 11:01 AM   #7
Earl H. Turner
Thumbs up John Mellyn--Snake Farm

John and his wife Sue are two of the nicest people in this hobby (business). I have never ever heard John say anything negative about anyone...which is damn rare in this business. He is a personal friend of mine and I value his friendship highly. His establishment is clean with many rare and unusual species...not only reptiles but also mammals which his family go the extra mile for----zoo's could learn from him....he is truly caring for his charges . He and his wife also maintain a very extensive collection of crocodilians which would put any US zoo to shame !! Stop by and visit with them--you will enjoy the visit and chances are that you will learn from the experience Earl "old man" Turner

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!