Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami) - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:38 PM   #161
Okla_Turtles
Mike has always proven to be easy to work with and been a good guy to me. If there is a problem, he'll make it right quickly. I'll be buying from him again, he packs his animals well and safely and has some nice turtles! I can't comment on his shop, never visited.

Old 12-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #162
Snakesatsunset
Miami geckos - what's considered annoying advice? We sell crickets, meal worms, wax worms, horn worms, and super worms. We tell people what's staple, and what's treats.
Just because I don't buy mealworms from you doesn't mean we don't sell them to gecko customers by the thousands weekly. We tell people what's easier, and how to gut load,. our kits come With gut load and water crystals. I remember you showed up to sell mealworms when I ordered some and I wasn't there. You left in a bad mood and it seems it carries over to the internet.
I don't forget many things.
Also as for reciepts, we give everyone what they ask for. We don't print pictures and sign them, and don't do much because our reputation so far with regards to hets is solid, and will remain so. Hets Have never been an issue. We had one guy ask for a certificate, which we don't do, and copied the pattern of snake on the back of his receipt upon his request. A thread further down from Michael Enriquez is public proof of a het we sold. And we have sold hundreds. He didn't ask for receipt.
We are very blunt on the care of animals and supplies, as after 12 years of doing this, we realized that if your not blunt, ipeople will make their own decisions and end up buying dead cricket in a can, and using play sand.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #163
kurt decker
This has to be the stupidest thread I've ever seen on the boi. Someone sees a snake with mites and posts a bad guy thread? And now every petty issue anyone has ever had gets piled on? I'm still waiting for the bad guy. I don't defend many things on here, but it is almost always shops. The bigger something gets, the less perfect it can be. A shop, by it's very nature, buys stock from a number of sources, and if they did only 30 transactions a day, that would be 10,000 a year. Think every one of those customers is a reasonable person? The guy who did this thread wasn't even a customer, he was a f*****g window shopper. Nobody got screwed here. Guy who owns the shop says the snake came in dirty, and he was handling it. Is there another way? Dogs get fleas. Snakes get mites. Haters hate. Players ignore them.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:07 PM   #164
neilg
no one answered so i wonder again how would any reputable seller treat it... olive oil? or?? (appears it wasn't being treated?)

and so.. was it for sale in that condition? YELP reviews seem rather poor =/

Old 05-31-2015, 12:23 PM   #165
Snakesatsunset
Thanks for the SEO bump Neil.
It was already addressed in the thread, you must have missed it.
This actually shows fauna readers your true intent, and reasoning on the SYR POST.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:30 PM   #166
neilg
i asked on the previous page to this one (6 months ago?) and no had nor has still answered.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:37 PM   #167
Manny
Because no body wants to waste their time. Let this stupid post die already!

Old 05-31-2015, 02:50 PM   #168
Lost Coast Herps
Speaking as someone that works caring for the exotics in a local pet store I can tell you that I pretreat all my substrate and decorations with Provent-a-Mite when I'm setting up new displays/enclosures for animals. I have received animals that are mite infested from orders as well. These animals are never for sale before being free and clear of mites for 4 days and having eaten two consecutive meals. So even after being clean on mites they still aren't going home with a customer for at least 2 weeks.

That having been said, I would find it hard to believe that a snake with “2 precious sheds sitting in the enclosure" would have “just arrived". However, the picture shows one old shed, not two. Anyone who works in a pet store can tell you that morning maintenance takes a while and most stores are open for business during the process. I will give Mike the benefit of the doubt and say that maintenance that day may not have reached that enclosure yet. For all we know the shed was from the previous night. If there are any pictures supporting any of the other claims of neglect please post them to support your original statement.

I'm actually very interested in this thread since I have previously almost ordered from Snakes at Sunset in the past but had been talked out of it by local breeders/ customers. I've seen some awesome animals listed from them and would like to see proof of what I only know as cautionary gossip.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:08 PM   #169
Snakesatsunset
The thread is many years old. We are not even at that location anymore. You missed a couple posts from the beginning explaining the circumstances.
I suggest you start from page one and read Our posts about it to get a clearer picture. We , unlike your store, do not keep any snakes that may even hint at mites anymore. We ship them right back or re-deliver them back to whoever brought them. Most of the time That's not even needed as they are checked prior to purchase if local.. We do not treat for mites, as we don't purchase mites. We Preventatively spray all our CSERPENT racks with a solution that works better then prevent a mite just in case anything slips by which hasn't in who knows how long.
For those that do do business with us, we appreciate it, and repeat customers enjoy the benefits of doing business with us even more.
We have a lot of cool animals because we do it right. We don't half ass it, or sell junk thus have cash flow to keep getting cool stuff for our customers. We treat our suppliers and customers well enough for them to keep coming back again and again. And reason we have been open for 9 years..

Old 06-01-2015, 08:11 AM   #170
Manny
I do business on a weekly basis with Snakes At Sunset and have never had any problems. Mike is a stand up guy and I really don't know how he does it all. The place is always clean, animals are healthy, and well cared for. He has one of the best selection of reptiles and supplies in Florida. I recommend Snakes at Sunset to anyone looking to buy from him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!