Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 181 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:54 PM   #1801
filenamex5100
it seems that most people here that do not agree with the OP are under the illusion that:

well you only paid $400 so isn't a lizard, any lizard, worth $1000+ more than sufficient to satisfy your prize?!

in general I understand what people mean by that (and I think most of you all understand that too).
however, michelle doesn't have to accept ANYTHING that was not in the contract. sure a $1000 (or $3000 or whatever) lizard would be cool to get for half price but she is under no obligation to settle for that when the terms were outlined very clearly. even if she did flat out refuse in writing, can anyone blame her?? I mean really really blame her??? again she doesn't have to accept some random prize!! TY perhaps assumed (assumed wrong) that she would be happy to make more than she spent. TY didn't realize that michelle takes more pride in the animals she brings in to her collection...as do I and most others as well. maybe if TY would have handled it better and described in detail what lizard he was going to get for her, she might have been at ease with it and accepted it. fact remains that TY was nasty about it and testing her for greed, finding any way he could wiggle out of having to live up to his own terms and be out $3000 cash or the more expensive lizard he would have rather not given up. that is greed on TY's part.

my opinion says TY is making a HUUUUGE mistake by going in front of a jury. Specially once the jury sees the evidence and realizes that TY could have fixed this issue way long ago but chose to strong arm the OP into going broke fighting him in court. Most people on a jury will see right through that and be on michelle's side even more so. If the judge is won over by the OP as well, he will then advice her of punitive damages OR will issue damages on her behalf. punitive damages can really be expensive so TY will be in deep doo doo if that's the case. I have a sneaking suspicion that he is going to get buried in court. he will be upset most likely, display some anger, and given the evidence against him and his very own written terms (which michelle has hundreds of pages of evidence) he will not be able to wiggle out of it. weather he is hit with any additional damages will likely come down to laws/protocols that I am not educated enough to understand and/or know....hence why lawyers exist. but I can say that I am 99% certain he will at a minimum be responsible for the $3000 reserve prize as stated in his terms as well as all attorney and court cost. I would imagine punitive damages to cover lost wages, time, embarrassment, etc etc will factor in as well.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #1802
tim brophy
How did Ty Park "strong arm" Michelle into "going broke" fighting him in court? Did she not chose that course of action willfully? Was it not her decision to hire an attorney and seek his professional counsel?

Old 05-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #1803
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
How did Ty Park "strong arm" Michelle into "going broke" fighting him in court? Did she not chose that course of action willfully? Was it not her decision to hire an attorney and seek his professional counsel?

HE was the one that filed (in my opinion frivolous) action for alleged "defamation" on me for posting here, So yes I had to hire a Lawer in FL.

We wouldn't even be in this mess IF
he had simply answered a few relevant questions and/or when he "allegedly" finally decided to send me the t+ HE could/should have just simply said something like "I've decided that because I didn't produce any of the less expensive tegus this year , I am going to send you the "more expensive" t+ albino that I produced"
but HE chose to not tell me WHY????
Because he "wanted to see what kind of a person I was" and said he felt I was greedy till the end!

So I don't get the prize?!?! Because of how he felt about me?

Old 05-29-2017, 05:12 PM   #1804
ElliotNess
If nothing else this thread has shown me who not to do business with... and not just Park...

Old 05-29-2017, 05:20 PM   #1805
filenamex5100
haha. that perfect because I was just thinking the same thing!!

Old 05-29-2017, 05:49 PM   #1806
yeloowtang
Quote:
He also told her he was done and she can sue him !!! that he was raffling off HER prize to someone else ... just there and then, if he would have simply told her, it's one of my T+s it would have been over, OR with the 5000$ he made raffling off the same animal twice, could have sent her the 3000$ in his own cited terms. and again be done with it..

good news now is, Ty has secured 2nd place when we google search for Ty park lizards so at over 20000s views it's taking it's tole.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:59 PM   #1807
tim brophy
Michelle,
I re-read the entire thread. He owes you the tegu. I am amazed he did not resolve this quagmire before it went so far.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:02 PM   #1808
Black Adder
Quote:
Michelle,
I re-read the entire thread. He owes you the tegu. I am amazed he did not resolve this quagmire before it went so far.

Exactly Tim....
Parks has brought all of this on himself by his sheer arrogance and ego
End of story really, everything else is mostly fluff

Old 05-29-2017, 07:03 PM   #1809
Pouky28
I don't thinks this thread will affect in anyway his Tegu bussines,since he has some of best tegus around,look at Undergound reptiles selling sick animals and doimg other bad stuff and he's always sell all he's nice tegus and for a lot of money.
Ps. I'm not in favor of Ty or the Op,but this is very entertaining thread.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:38 PM   #1810
filenamex5100
I agree it wont affect his business in general. but I can say it will affect it on a small scale. I tend to only buy higher end quality animals. I'm not interested in tegu's myself but if I ever become interested, it will certainly not be purchased from TY. so some damage has been done to his business in that regard. I can only assume others feel the same way I do about that. he will continue to do his but those that may end up with a problem from TY and have read this thread don't have a leg to stand on to complain. they have been warned, in other words.

the people that are "on his side" or agree with TY, deep down know he is wrong here! I'm not asking for a debate about it either. the human mind knows right from wrong and anyone with a human mind knows deep down he is wrong. they will keep that to them selves because it is not them being burned. plus they still need a source to buy these lizards.

he will have something to say when he looses in court. he will blame it on a technicality and people will still shop with him. he could likely come right out and say that he stole the op's money and people would still buy from him. its a sad world we live in when most people think that its ok if their boat rises because someone elses sank!
these are likely the same people who wont stop to assist in a vehicle accident unless their is something in it for themselves. its a mentality and a display of poor humanity.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu