Delta Dash not bad , but just awfully dumb! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:01 AM   #1
dvf1973
Delta Dash not bad , but just awfully dumb!

So Peppers my new (01 23 GM) 1500.00+ chondro left for the BWI airport at 7:30 this mourning, he was registered with Delta Dash at 8am. He then sat there until supposedly 2pm which may or may not have been until 620 pm depending on the brilliant service reps at Delta you speak to. This is after all the worst tracking system I have ever seen. It had the same info on their site until 6:30pm, this was supposedly after it was already shipped?

After speaking to these rocket surgeons , I called the shipper ,expressed my concerns as the supposed new flight wasnt going to meet the new later flight into Savannah, this meaning a stay at the vets in Atlanta," like they have a vet at the airport, or could find one after midnight, I could only imagine how that would work" anyway, the shipper , now being concerned calls them to see whats up , and they said , oh.... he has been in Atl for hours, and is checked and cleared for the 630 flight to Savannah / now whatever the heck is wrong here I am not sure, but its 35 minutes to Savannah from Atlanta via plane, how does 6:30-9:20 = 35 minutes?

"Meanwhile back at the batcave Damien is computer box tracking this package, and it still says, was dropped at 8am, " the shipper calls me back after Delta called him back, tells me of this strange new event, and whhallah! to our bemusement the tracking info is updated on the site, only five hours late". So he and I chat a bit, I go take a shower, eat dinner, whatever, check , recheck. double check..... at 8:30pm I get ready to go as the flight shows on their awe inspireing tracking system"air tran has a better tracking system" its a thirty minute drive to the airport, rainy, dark , I gave myself extra time just in case, As I left I checked one last time and the flight now wasnt going to get here until 9:45, fine ...cool....whatever, its mut.

So I headed out there, I go inside at 9:45 the plane is getting there , but its gonna be 20 minutes before I can get him, go back outside, go back inside and see this package sitting on the floor that says live animal, behind these locked glass doors at the cargo office of Delta, oh looky the box has my name on it, the plane just got here, it hasnt even opened up its doors? hows my snake sitting on the floor? lets rewind for a minute. Back at the panic point at 6:30 -7, I called all of the Delta Cargo offices, I called Delta dash, I called the Savannah branch, they assured me it was on the 920 flight, and the dash office closes at 7:30 so I could pick it up at cargo, the lady even said I am the only one working at this office so I will be the one handleing your package.

Anyway I had to wait for this wretched beast as she lulled her useless self from the tarmack as does a loggerhead sea tortise up onto the beach to drop her eggs. She smugly walks up"its now 1015ish" I asked her when the box arrived - oh well a few hours ago. Holy sh#%@##@ what is wrong with these people, she had the package when I spoke with her hours before, there wasnt like some santa clause expo in town or something, there was one package-one, mine! She was like dont get mad I didnt tell you anything, what! The box was very cold, soaking wet "whatever thats about?" So without getting myself arrested for slaughtering loggerhead lady I left before my temper could adjust to the issue. I feel is Sean from Herpetologic and Paul august from MdCustom cages hadnt done such a good job packing the snake would not have made it.

In conclusion thanks Delta you suck worse than all of the carriers combined, your employees"I am not saying all, just the ones I dealt with" are genius survivers of the new millinium, and have the new link into our futures, we can all rest assuredly , we are safe with your new leadership and care.

Old 02-03-2004, 09:31 AM   #2
Rainbowboaman
Damien,
Don't even bother online tracking, I gave up on that years ago. I've had the same problems here in Ohio. I've had times where they say package missed connecting flight & won't be in until the morning, only to call back a half hour later (because I know how incompetent the employees there are) & guess what? My package is in Cleveland. I've had the best success (if you can call it that) with calling directly into the local hub it is arriving in (I guess the less numbers on the screen the less confusing for them & maybe the 3-4 friends that are there with the employees might be a bit distracting also). Seems like the best bet or if you can't get that number keep calling them. I know its aggravating especially when your dealing with live animals let alone the prices we're paying for there "Great Service"

Old 02-03-2004, 10:07 PM   #3
KNOBTAIL
to make matters worse,

these employees can propagate!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2004, 10:41 PM   #4
ScottsReptiles
I had delta once forget to take the package off of the loading dock floor and into the truck.. so my shipment of 80+ snakes and lizards sat on the outside cement for 12+ hours before I was able to finally pick them up. Since the shipment was in their computers.. they kept telling me that they were on the way... finally figured out what was up when the truck came by.. stopped by the shop.. and could not find the package..

nice...

Old 02-03-2004, 11:08 PM   #5
Spitfire
We've had nothing but the best service with zero losses up here in Seattle. They are apprehensive but very helpful...they are willing to do whatever it takes to get that box of snakes out of their hands! LOL!
I tend to think it just depends on where you are at and maybe who's on shift.
Sorry to hear of other's troubles.
-Yasser
www.spitfirereptiles.com

Old 02-04-2004, 12:34 AM   #6
tdeppen
thats why you need to get your animals at a local pet shop
thadd

Old 02-04-2004, 12:38 AM   #7
dvf1973
be careful thad

ok , let me know when you start carrying high end snakes

Old 02-04-2004, 07:56 AM   #8
Greg Riso
You Should Be Thankful...

you at least got your animals the same day. I've twice had incidents and done the "where the hell's my animal tap dance" at the airport using US Air. After going back and forth from one flight to the next I waited for animals past midnight. Finally, they showed up the next day and in the computer they still had no clue they were even there. I vowed to use Delta from then on lol!

Old 02-18-2004, 03:48 AM   #9
dvf1973
did I say they were dumb, YES I DID!!!!!!

So tonight I went to pick up another snake via Delta Dash and what do ya know, again they lost it, the flight arrived, and my computer said it was on the flight and yes it was another expensive designer from the maxwell stock, and no one knew where it was, well thats swell, as its snowing in Savannah , Ga which is unusual, but it does mean that its damn cold out. At least the guy at the desk was nice this time as the last time it was a beast of a lady . He made some calls, helped four other people that were behind me, and explained to me that snakes are cold blooded and dont have feelings, and he couldnt possibly understand how a snake was valueable, emotionaly or financially. So at 1100 over an hour and a half later I got my snake whom had been placed by the brilliant delta employees in the luggage/cargo hold? Whatever- Its making me sweat. I have three nice ones coming in friday from two different people, and four more on tuesday, thats alot of expensive, and highend animal to entrust to the Monsters of the skies. Maybe its just here in Savannah? The snakes never got lost on either occasion until they got here!

Old 02-18-2004, 09:59 AM   #10
Gary Schiavino
Delta Shipping

OK Damien ....let's pray to the Delta Shipping Gods that we have better luck on Friday!

I have to admit, that my experience with Delta over the years has been pretty good. The only problems I've had seem to occur when I'm forced to have my animals stop-over in Atlanta. The Atlanta hub for reptiles is like the bird-flu to the AFLAC duck ..... almost certain disaster!

In any case, I'll get your animal out nice and early Friday, and with any luck, you'll have it in time for Memorial Day weekend.

Gary Schiavino

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!