Can I see your Eastern Box turtle habitats/enclosures? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
goReptiles
Those box turtles are some of the nicest I've seen. I love the pens.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #12
BuddyS
My new turtle pen

Just got done with my new turtle pen, it is 8' x 8' with pull out deviders, one side for the box turtles and the other side for the cherryhead torts(not in it yet, need to get another water pan). Their old pen was only about a third of the new pen with no dividers. The cost was only $88 and one day off hard labor due to burying the bottom third panel into the ground by choping roots etc. so they dont dig out. Next thing to do is to make a hibernation hole, but I have time for that.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #13
BuddyS
My new turtle pen, larger pics

larger pics of my new turtle pen
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
Bubbus
Wow! Everyone's enclosures are great! Thanks for sharing pics!

Old 07-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #15
timebider
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastquake View Post
i would love to discuss this with you. having done so many, ive learned the location can affect the eggs and they wont hatch. i prefer a running water pond kit that is cheap. if you want a drawing lemme know cause i was a draftsman and the engineer before landscaper.

1. they love hastas and hastas ate cheap
2. go to wal mart and plant a black berry bush and blue berry bush
3. i put lattuce up and am growing grapes now
4. i like to go 6 or 8 inches down with chicken wire and curve it into the pen and bury it
Hey, Beast, can you share what kind of water pond kit you use? How easy is it to maintain? I'm thinking about installing a turtle pen that would be about 2/3 under my deck, with 1/3 in the sun. I'd fill it up with hostas and ferns, and I do have established blueberry, grape, strawberry, raspberry and blackberry plants (though they're all in beds). I work at a drafting table in front of the windows under the deck and it would be really cool to have that view - I must confess, I have also always wanted a mini-pond!

Old 08-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #16
mbm6
Box turtle pen

1.1 ornate Boxies have lived here for the past two years. Alll year long.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #17
bigjej
How do you keep the ornates from digging out ?

Old 08-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #18
mbm6
I dug a trench and buried 8"X 16" X 3" solid cement blocks arround the entire edge and the fenciing is also buried 8 inches beside the blocks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!