Turtle? Can you name this Turtle? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #11
stinkpot_420
do you have any pics of the turtles underside. This could help determine if it is mud or musk!!

Old 06-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #12
FloridaHogs
And again I ask the same question as on the other forum you posted, why are you getting animals that you do not know what they are or how to take care of them? Questions about setups and how to properly keep an animal should be addressed BEFORE aquiring an animal. While I do admire that you are asking now, I have noticed a trend. That said....

An aquatic/semiaquatic environment means they spent most of their time in the water. Diet is also a little different for an aquatic turtle vs a land turtle. I have had mud/musk turtles in the past and kept them for many years in aquariums filled 2/3 with water. UVB and vit D3 is a MUST for proper calcium absorbtion. Otherwise, it will suffer improper shell growth. I stress a MUST, there is no way around that necessity.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:29 PM   #13
Walrus
Thank you

Thanks I was a little concerned about his shell growth. I have offered him a basking area but he doesn't seem to like it to well. Yep 2/3 is what did the trick. He stays in it now. Hasn't got it out since I raised the level of the water. He gets natural sunlight also by crawling around or I can move his water area to be in the sunlight.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #14
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus
Thanks I was a little concerned about his shell growth. I have offered him a basking area but he doesn't seem to like it to well. Yep 2/3 is what did the trick. He stays in it now. Hasn't got it out since I raised the level of the water. He gets natural sunlight also by crawling around or I can move his water area to be in the sunlight.
Natural sunlight that has passed through glass (i.e. a window or aquarium wall) is virtually useless to a turtle.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:43 AM   #15
Walrus
Not a Window Sunlight!

Hey the window is open for goodness sake. I have had the turtle for quite a while now and it is doing quite well and is healthy.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:48 AM   #16
Walrus
Hey Mr Mustard

If you wish to call somebody a liar maybe you ought to check out the facts first. I mean the real facts no hearsay from somebody online. This is starting to get real depressing aren't there any decent people out their anymore?

Old 06-15-2007, 01:09 AM   #17
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus
If you wish to call somebody a liar maybe you ought to check out the facts first. I mean the real facts no hearsay from somebody online. This is starting to get real depressing aren't there any decent people out their anymore?
At first, I figured you for a simple person, who possibly just needed a little guidance. After I realized that you were asking the same stupid questions, on multiple forums, ignoring the answers, and lying about your identity.

At that point, you became a brick thick time waster.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!