Bad Guy Josh@Outbackreps - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:47 AM   #51
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Honestly, people that are serious reptile buyers and sellers will easily see right through this. To be honest this post is already a black mark against you in my mind. Last thing I need is an unreasonable buyer coming back 2 weeks after having an animal they were satisfied with demanding a refund.
Exactly...and, when you look at his other posts, all you see is more of the same. I think he said he has two snakes - and he has posted negatively about both sellers AND the company that produced the enclosures he purchased. Bad luck?...or just a chronic complainer?

Old 05-30-2010, 03:43 AM   #52
-C@jun-
Some very bad luck! On top of that this all living things tree I got is brown but I have googled it called every pet smart in louisiana all I can find is this gray one with brown rust on it. So I just have one tree and I don't think i'm going to be able to get them to match. Really like the brown one but I may have to get 2 of those grey ones. Seems like someone stained it and returned it with the tag on it. LOL j/k

The money issue is out of the window. Down the drain. Spent. Gone. Vamouse! This is his bad review. That is what this section is for a? I can bash on him. I feel it was negligence. A kingsnake con!

Thanks everyone for following along!

Old 05-30-2010, 05:29 AM   #53
East_Coast
James, your posts give the impression that you are insane.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #54
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by -C@jun- View Post
This is his bad review.
He offered you a full refund. And you've been too busy badmouthing him to take your snake to the vet, which shows you don't care about the poor critter.

This is YOUR bad review. I would'nt sell you a roll of toilet paper, much less a snake. Your seller tried to work with you, but I think you just have the gimmies.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:11 AM   #55
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
He offered you a full refund. And you've been too busy badmouthing him to take your snake to the vet, which shows you don't care about the poor critter.

This is YOUR bad review. I would'nt sell you a roll of toilet paper, much less a snake. Your seller tried to work with you, but I think you just have the gimmies.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #56
dturner100
First of all I saw all of Josh's ads for this snake and its siblings. Any time there is a kink in an animal he is up front about it. Josh apparently wanted to make it right, and this guy wants to tell the business how the "refund" will go?

Sorry for the pointless boi from this guy Josh but I'm sure everybody is happy he did it because it sure lets us know who not to sell to. As garweft said this op went on my "black list".

Old 05-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #57
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by -C@jun- View Post
When I bought mine all he could tell me was ghost/het ghost were the parents he thinks. He doesn't know what he is selling unless someone tells him.
Seriously? You purchased an imported, hatched in Africa, likely from eggs harvested in the wild, ghost. Exactly what info on the parents do you expect him to know? The parents were obviously a combo of ghost/het ghost in order for them to produce ghost babies seeing as how it is a recessive trait. It's not like he claimed they were captive bred at Ian's house; he told you up front all of the history he knew on the snake, you chose to purchase it anyways. Your decision to not buy online again is probably for the best as it will likely save some other seller a lot of headaches in the future.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #58
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den View Post
Seriously? You purchased an imported, hatched in Africa, likely from eggs harvested in the wild, ghost. Exactly what info on the parents do you expect him to know? The parents were obviously a combo of ghost/het ghost in order for them to produce ghost babies seeing as how it is a recessive trait. It's not like he claimed they were captive bred at Ian's house; he told you up front all of the history he knew on the snake, you chose to purchase it anyways. Your decision to not buy online again is probably for the best as it will likely save some other seller a lot of headaches in the future.
To the bolded: Exactly what went through my head when I read his post.

What stood out in the story between the two (OP and Josh) was the timeline, (too long after the purchase).

Also in post 13 Josh did mention that the OP was using the animal for breeding. To the serious breeder, it would definitely stand out that if Mr. Norrod is so worried about Kinks in the line, why wouldn't he JUMP at the chance for a new animal, take his refund and get an "unkinked" animal?

Hence, I don't believe the animal IS kinked (not to mention the Ghost line does not carry kinks).

***Final thought is...if he comes back ready to accept the refund, it may be because he has already successfully bred the animal and has no further use for it. I would not give this buyer a refund after the first refusal in this situation.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #59
dturner100
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
To the bolded: Exactly what went through my head when I read his post.

What stood out in the story between the two (OP and Josh) was the timeline, (too long after the purchase).

Also in post 13 Josh did mention that the OP was using the animal for breeding. To the serious breeder, it would definitely stand out that if Mr. Norrod is so worried about Kinks in the line, why wouldn't he JUMP at the chance for a new animal, take his refund and get an "unkinked" animal?

Hence, I don't believe the animal IS kinked (not to mention the Ghost line does not carry kinks).

***Final thought is...if he comes back ready to accept the refund, it may be because he has already successfully bred the animal and has no further use for it. I would not give this buyer a refund after the first refusal in this situation.

Deb very good point but I must have missed the breeding part. This guy made it clear he doesn't even know what a kink is. I believe he referred to the problem as a sideways bone near the tail. So he's going to breed animals that he knows nothing about. Doesn't know the genetic possibilities, etc...

I think the op has painted a picture of what a true irresponsible "herper" is...

Old 05-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #60
Elizabeth Minton
well i recently bought an orange ghost that was listed as kinked for pet only. i acknowlaged the kink asked a few questions about what may have caused it and weather it would affect breeding. i got the answer possible temperature too high during incubation and no it shouldnt affect breeding but no guarentees. i only buy to breed but i decided to buy it as a pet for my boyfriends birthday in two weeks. josh was very helpful in my decision to buy it as a pet. he gave me alot of helpful information and has been very kind to me. i am currently waiting for the payment to arrive to them and for the oragne ghost to be sent to me but i would be very happy to buy from them again in the near future. really good customer service all you have to do is ask questions and listen without jumping the gun.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!