what kind of caimen is this????????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:14 PM   #1
puertorab
what kind of caimen is this?????????

i saw this one today and my co worker purchased it from someone who didnt want it anymore. so if you could tell me what it is i would really appreciate it. i just want to warn him before things get out of hand with it. thanks a lot
-naem I

Old 06-24-2005, 02:12 AM   #2
Karen Hulvey
I don't know what kind it is, but it sure looks skinny to me.

Old 06-24-2005, 09:05 AM   #3
puertorab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
I don't know what kind it is, but it sure looks skinny to me.
my friend purchased it for about 60$ from a guy who was walking around selling off his reptile stock. im not so sure about how fat it should be at this age. i searched online and i think it might be a spectacled caiman. if anyone can verify that it would be great. thanks so much for your reply. i will tell him that you felt that it was quite skinny.

Old 06-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #4
hhmoore
As juveniles, it can be difficult to differentiate between the spectacled caiman and the brown caiman. I have seen both offered for sale as spectacleds & I'm not sure if the brown is currently identified as C. fuscus or C.c. fuscus (whether it is currently considered a separate species or a subspecies of Caiman crocidilus). Either way, the adult size and the husbandry requirements are pretty similar. Either way, both are prohibited in both the City and State of NY without proper permits. NOT preaching or threatening...just informing/reminding.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:07 PM   #5
puertorab
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Either way, both are prohibited in both the City and State of NY without proper permits. NOT preaching or threatening...just informing/reminding.
yea iknow. thats wh im encourageing him to get rid of it. thanks a lot
-Naem I

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!