Male Military Macaw 8 years old - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 07:27 PM   #1
ShannanD25
Male Military Macaw 8 years old

I have had George the mili since 1997 when I rescued him out of a bad situation. At the time I was young, single, with lots of free time. Things have changed and although he is still the love of my life, I do not have quality time for him and it is affecting his behavior. He is incrediably tame with me, does tricks, talks, kisses, the works. However, some men he will seriously bite. From my understanding his former owner was a man and he had been mistreated.
George is beginning to be a screamer, throw food, make messes..etc because I just don't have the time anymore and am no longer single. So what time I do have is taken up by a different species of male. George has a great vocabulary, when he thinks no one is listening and enjoys dancing to Ricky Martin's music ( I have no idea....). He has never seriously biten me but has drawn blood on a few people(all men), all of which caused it or should have known better. He had never been a screamer before but now is doing anything for attention.
I HATE to part with him as when I rescued him I promised him I'd keep him forever, but he deserves someone who can love him as much as I do but give him all the attention he wants.
He has been fed Pretty Bird pellets mixed with fruits, veggie, nuts, seed mixtures etc....He has never had a health problem. He is not banded. We believe him to be about 8 as where I got him from was told he was about a year old. I would and do believe him to be a young bird. He is good with cats and dogs and is often wandering my floors chasing one or the other or having them chase him in fun. I trust George around young kids if I am holding him as I know any signs to watch for. He has never tried to bite a child but any bird can bite. He has taken chunks out of some others, I can tell you the details if you want to know, but they all kinda had it coming. He does seem jealous/territorial with my fiance...
George would come with his big California cage and a UVB? pipe type stand. I have a hard time attatching a price to him, so to speak, as I feel I am selling a family member or child so if you are seriously interested contact me and make an offer. He must be picked up as I will not ship him and have no idea how to ship a cage that size. Please understand if I ask a thousand questions as I want him to go to a great home!

Thanks
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-08-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
TCMac56
George?

Hi,
I am very interested in giving George a very loving home. I have several Macaws (which is a real love of mine) 3 Blue&Golds, 2 Harliquins & 1 Military.
I know Military are different than some of the other Macaws, you have to have alot of patience with them because they can be little rascals. Mine eat everything from pellet mix to apples, oranges, banana's, veggies, corn on cob.
I am disabled and have plenty of time to spend with my birds (all day
Let me know how much you are asking? Thanks

Old 03-08-2005, 09:44 PM   #3
ShannanD25
Hi!
I need to update this ad. George has found a home as of two weeks ago. So far he is adjusting well and training his new family quickly! He is a brat but so far so good! Thank you for your interest though! If something happens that they could not keep him for whatever reason I will let you know. I think, though, he has found a wonderful new family!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread