Eurasian Eagle Owl - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 06:59 PM   #11
md14fish
Eagle Owl

Ken,

Thanks for your input. You said it alot more eloquently then I was able to due to my anger at that guy.

Mario
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-26-2004, 07:57 PM   #12
md14fish
Eagle Owl

Beak Geak,

I guess peregrine falcons can't be sold. That is what your logic is applying. Their sold all the time by legal breeders to falconers with a falconry licesne. Yet they are listed under CITES.
Also Pat Redig is a vet, that I happen to know. So don't drop his name to act like you know what your talking about.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #13
beakgeek
Quote:
First of all, there is a captive bred seamless band on captive bred raptors. Second I have a raptor Prop permit. So call who you want!
Thanks! Yes, I found out that I was incorrect on CITES since there is a section that states if the bird was captive bred CITES does not apply. My humble apology.

Quote:
It is a captive bred owl that I purchased from a licensed breeder. No paper work is even needed to own one in the United States,its not native species.
This is what caused my confusion. It was your first comment which made no mention of the band nor the permit .

Quote:
I guess peregrine falcons can't be sold.
As a falconer you realize that the peregrines that are used are not all pure peregrines anyway. I have seen gyrfalcon x Peregrines, etc. and even the ones in North America are mostly from reintroduction of falconer stock. Which are made up of different subspecies (pealei, tundrius, anatum). As you know, falconry is regulated by USFW and requires you to apprentice under a master falconer. The impression I got from your message was that you would sell the bird without any mention of this information.

By the way I was not just dropping Pat's name. I know him, Bud Tordoff, and Mark Martell from the Raptor Center. He knows me when he see me.

I have a Bachelors of Science in Biology specializing in Avian Conservation from the University of Minnesota, which is how I met Pat. I do work with USFW and MNDNR, IADNR with birds.

My bad on the CITES. Sorry for all the hassle.

Regards and good luck with your sale.

Terry

Old 03-28-2004, 05:16 PM   #14
md14fish
Eagle owl

Apology accepted, I guess no harm done. Also gyr/peregrines are hybrid falcons only allowed to be owned by licensed falconers. Peregrines regardless of subspecies are only allowed by Master Class Falconers. Until last year all pergrines obtained by falconers had to be captive bred.This year some states are allowing a limited harvest of wild peregrines due to their delisting as an endangered species. I have been a falconer for over 20 years so am well aware of all the laws governing falconry and raptors in general.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-12-2004, 04:02 PM   #15
Ernest
I am currently raising vampires so do me a favor and call US Army or National Guard because i could care less....Shove it with DNR as well...oh and thanks for reading this...

Old 03-19-2005, 07:30 AM   #16
Daniel Walthers
Eagle owls

Did you ever sell your owl? I breed Eagle Owls and am always looking for more Eagle Owls!

Old 03-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #17
md14fish
eagle owl

Yeah I still have her. Could of sold her but wasn't happy with the two people interested.
I would sell her for 3500.00
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-22-2007, 06:14 PM   #18
Forrest
i hate when people think they know every thing. beak geek even had the nerve to say that he knows for a FACT his buddy would be very intrested in knowing about the bird
then all of a sudden he changes his tune when a band and permit are mentioned.
Nothing I can find says you have to have any permit at all. So I hope everyone rembers birdgeeks facts may not be facts at all!! md14fish I bet you are sure glad you didnt rush your birds to the nearest zoo like the geek said. his shooting of the mouth could have caused a perfectally leagle and responsable bird owner to become fearful of the situation and turn his leagal bird in to the authoritys. 2000.00-4000.00
would have been lost due to a ingnorant reply to a perfectly leagal sale!!

md14fish I have been looking for two pairs of u.e.o. I currently have 1 pair and have been looking to add to my breeding project. Do you still have any for sale?

Forrest

Old 03-22-2007, 06:19 PM   #19
md14fish
No but a buddy of mine has fertile eggs, send me a private email and will provide info
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #20
Michael Blue
I'm a newbie, confused by this whole thread (lol!) and have a question...So CBB but non-indigenous raptors can be kept in the US with no paperwork or falconers licenses?

That's the best news I've heard in years!! Where do I find a non-indigenous CBB Barn Owl?

...Or did I miss something?

Thanks for clarifying...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread