Fauna, the BOI, and Favouritism... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #11
Ophis
Hey Short Bus

It was 7 of 9

Old 05-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhu77
Hmmm. Message received.

Lucille, I think all you have to do is overview posts that have been made to see my point...but I can tell this is going nowhere...and I certainly never meant to "bash" on the site at all...just noticed a disturbing trend...ah well...

greg
Greg, you were the one who started this thread. There are thousands of posts I could 'overview' and try to distill trends from, but you have it right there in your mind, or you would not have started the thread. It CAN go somewhere, all I am asking is what specifically you think is wrong?

If you noticed something that disturbs you, I would think that the only way to identify it, and IMHO the only way to overcome ANY perceived problem, is to identify it, think about it, verbalize a plan, and put the plan into action.

So, we are waiting on you, to identify exactly what bothered you, first step in the process.....

Old 05-06-2005, 09:20 PM   #13
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Gregg
Sorry for unintentionally misspelling your name.

Thanks.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #14
cthulhu77
LOL...yeah...7/9 was a hottie...

anyway...it was just seeming to me that some dealers were gaining a bit more leeway than others for the same offenses/defenses...could I go back and dig up every little bit of info and factoid? I suppose...but, I am sure you would all be as bored reading it as I would be having to type it...

I can sense the way this is going...I just don't happen to agree with it.

greg

Old 05-06-2005, 09:26 PM   #15
cthulhu77
So I type a post, and there are more waiting for me...

Several times over the last few months, I have noticed that certain dealers get a "pass" when it comes to marginal shipments/trades/etc...whilst others get lambasted for minor infractions.

After a while, one does have to question the "jury" here...I may be the only one typing at the moment, but I sure as hell am not the only one feeling this way !

Old 05-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #16
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhu77

could I go back and dig up every little bit of info and factoid?

greg
Greg you started a thread: Fauna, the BOI, and Favouritism. You put it right here where everyone could see it. I am asking why you wrote it.
Yes, i would like some facts.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:35 PM   #17
cthulhu77
Start here...then go back and look at all of your posts, Lucille...you will see some discrepancies in them between sellers...and the same goes for many of the other people who post here...MYSELF included. I am not trying to sit in some ivory tower here...just trying to understand what has happened...I think Wes has hit the nail on the head (what a suprise) with his post on this thread.

Sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers...it was not meant as a PERSONAL assault!!!

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=68199

Old 05-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #18
cthulhu77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Greg you started a thread: Fauna, the BOI, and Favouritism. You put it right here where everyone could see it. I am asking why you wrote it.
Yes, i would like some facts.
I should have put a question mark at the end of the Post's title...my fault. I am enquiring as to whether others feel that the BOI has been somewhat corrupted. That is all...

greg

Old 05-06-2005, 09:40 PM   #19
Ophis
Greg

Don't feel that you have to opologize for being the one to point out the fact that the emporer has no cloths. He is standing right next to the elephant in the room.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:44 PM   #20
Monte
I'll give you a MAJOR example . . .

During this whole Mack snow stupidity - one guy in particular screws up badly - but for some reason - is never given the benefit of the doubt, when he is deserving about 5-6 benefits of the doubt. He is immediately cast into the outer darkness and people hope that he is weeping and gnashing teeth.

Another fine forum member - screws us BADLY, I mean BADLY - and gets called out. He has his reasons and said his apologies - but people rallied around him even BEFORE he offered his apology.

There IS a good old boys club to a certain extent. Sure, you can screw up - but you had better be VERY CAREFUL who you screw up around - or you will be taken out to dry. And most people will give the excoriated one a WIDE birth - not wanthing the stench of a bad rep to stick upon their precious name.

I'm really not sure what to do about it. I have a feeling - that as this site matures and to a greater extent - the herp hobbyists themselves are FORCED to mature in their behavior - we could find a reasonable balance.

In the mean time, Rich - you have your hands full. But this hobby/business HAS to mature quickly - if it is going to become more than a curious sideshow.

Well - for what it's worth . . .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!