Wild Wild West - Part 2 - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #91
Dragondad
Rich you have handed some a .45 but you forgot the all important disclaimer that "be careful because when pointed down you can shoot yourself in the foot".

There are those who can learn to deal with being moderated by peers, there are those who will stick to the their guns no matter what, and the last group and more than likely the one that makes the most noise are the ones that don't seem to ever get that they have done something that others don't like.
The problem I see is you have handed the last group not only the means to be punished but the ability to punish and I just don't know if they have the common sense to realize what they are doing.

One question and I know it was asked but don't remember seeing an answer, will the point be perpetual or will they roll off after a set period of time? Six months, one year type of thing. I would think they should roll off.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #92
Wilomn
The other question I'd like an answer to is can points be lessoned by agreement from other members or is this just a one way road?

It 10 are against and 3 are in favor of, is the score 10 or 7?

Old 01-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #93
KelliH
Quote:
Rich,
You'll be damned by some, no matter what you do.
You might as well have some fun while doing it.
I have seen the light and expect no more from the goings on here, other then the entertainment value.
Any real content will be perceived as a bonus.
I can't possibly disagree with that. It's gonna be a wild ride!

Old 01-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #94
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
So, by this abdication and delegation are you OUT of the picture? Or, will you be hovering in the background, still making decisions and pulling strings?

Is this daycare without adult supervision or is grandpa only pretending to be asleep in his rocker?

It sort of seem like you're saying both, that it will be as it will and you'll let it go UNLESS or UNTIL ......

Not that it makes much difference, I just like to have things as plainly stated as possible. Less equivocation later that way.
I will do whatever I deem necessary and prudent under the specific circumstances. But in most cases when someone brings their squabbles to me, I will just ignore them. If you have a glass jaw, don't throw punches at others.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #95
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I will do whatever I deem necessary and prudent under the specific circumstances. But in most cases when someone brings their squabbles to me, I will just ignore them. If you have a glass jaw, don't throw punches at others.
An excellent non-answer.

And so it continues.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #96
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondad
Rich you have handed some a .45 but you forgot the all important disclaimer that "be careful because when pointed down you can shoot yourself in the foot".
That is a learning curve some will have to figure out on their own.

Quote:
There are those who can learn to deal with being moderated by peers, there are those who will stick to the their guns no matter what, and the last group and more than likely the one that makes the most noise are the ones that don't seem to ever get that they have done something that others don't like.
The problem I see is you have handed the last group not only the means to be punished but the ability to punish and I just don't know if they have the common sense to realize what they are doing.
To some I am saying "Here's your sign." and to others "Here's your rope.". To the rest "Use your peacemakers wisely."

Quote:
One question and I know it was asked but don't remember seeing an answer, will the point be perpetual or will they roll off after a set period of time? Six months, one year type of thing. I would think they should roll off.
It's been answered already. Points are accumulated indefinitely. But the Fine & Suspension level will be high enough that it will take someone pretty dense to not get the hint before being thrown over the cliff.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #97
Mike Greathouse
I wonder who will be the first person outed!

Old 01-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #98
WebSlave
Quote:
The other question I'd like an answer to is can points be lessoned by agreement from other members or is this just a one way road?

It 10 are against and 3 are in favor of, is the score 10 or 7?
One way street.

Think of it in the manner of my deputizing the members here. They are enforcing the rules and will hand out citations when infractions are noted. Just as in real life, they do not hand out negative citations that will remove earlier ones for something.

The site moderators and myself have never voted on whether something was a rule infraction or not. And in fact we ALL could have given warning points for a single infraction, although we tried hard not to do that. This sort or restriction does not apply in this new system. Matter of fact, it was designed to work in such a way that if a post someone makes ROYALLY pisses off a bunch of people, that member could conceivably be ousted immediately via overwhelming public opinion. Far fetched, but it is entirely possible to have happen.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #99
WebSlave
Quote:
An excellent non-answer.

And so it continues.
Yeah, I know Wes. You would prefer to know where the line is so you can snug your toes up as close as possible to it.........

Old 01-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #100
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
I wonder who will be the first person outed!
Should we start a Pool?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread