about siklback and their husbandry - Page 42 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:40 PM   #411
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache613
Hello,

Not anymore they aren't. From the information that I have gathered, he knew that we were going to start having health problems, etc. So, he began getting stock from out of the US some time ago. I am not sure if he has had a closed colony or not though. Apparently when stock started getting worse here, he began using other sources. That is to the best of my knowledge how he does things.
That was the original information, yes, with US stock, but, not now.

Tracie
Yes, Tracie, this is my understanding, as well. I do know that Bert's colony has been closed for many years.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #412
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Dragons
So he started with U.S. dragons and bred for color, and now he has chucked that project and works with international normals? And yes, I am being serious, I would like to know so that I don't make uninformed statements!
I'm pretty sure, Jamie, that if you contacted him directly, he would be happy to answer your questions. He is a wonderful man, and I really hope you're not planning on attacking him next.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:43 PM   #413
shrap
Quote:
Sheesh...how was I supposed to know that he hasn't updated his website in years and years? Especially after someone said that I should look at his website!

Jamie
Even if the info is outdated, I notice you made a point to leave out the MAIN things he breeds for in your retort to that info. Why?

Old 07-23-2007, 12:44 PM   #414
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon
I'm pretty sure, Jamie, that if you contacted him directly, he would be happy to answer your questions. He is a wonderful man, and I really hope you're not planning on attacking him next.
Why would I attack him? It's great that he is working with normals. I work with normals and normal crosses too...but few people in the U.S. really like them. They don't care if the dragons are bigger and healthier than many of the color line dragons, they just seem to want bright colors. Kudos to him. I guess some people somewhere like healthy dragons!

Jamie

Old 07-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #415
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Even if the info is outdated, I notice you made a point to leave out the MAIN things he breeds for in your retort to that info. Why?
Sammy, I didn't intentially leave anything out. What are you referring to? I just clicked on the bearded dragon page and read that. What is the main thing that he breeds? Sorry, I guess I am ignorant concerning this issue. I am not trying to be an ass.

Jamie

Old 07-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #416
shrap
Quote:
I guess some people somewhere like healthy dragons!
Jamie

Old 07-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #417
whiskersmom
I just found this....I swear this guy is my hero. Shrap, I'm so jealous of you.
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science...n_x.htm?csp=34

Old 07-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #418
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache613
Hello,

Not anymore they aren't. From the information that I have gathered, he knew that we were going to start having health problems, etc. So, he began getting stock from out of the US some time ago. I am not sure if he has had a closed colony or not though. Apparently when stock started getting worse here, he began using other sources. That is to the best of my knowledge how he does things.
That was the original information, yes, with US stock, but, not now.

Tracie
thanks tracie oh and btw,i believe whiskersmom said it has BEEN LONGER than 2 weeks that we have been waiting.just wanted to clear that up

Old 07-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #419
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Sorry that was my fault, as I had not read everything thoroughly enough to know he has not updated it. He does mention what he breeds for though.
I think you might be surprised how many people might be interested in normals. They are quite beautiful, indeed. I guess some may think they are boring I suppose. I think nature knows more than we do though.
Thanks, Tere, I was hoping that was my understanding.

Tracie

Old 07-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #420
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Well, that's good to hear! It gives me a little hope. You'd be surprised at how many people refuse to plop down a mere $40 to buy a normal-looking, extremely healthy, fast-growing dragon. I hate to say it, but that is one thing that cannot be argued - the normals and normal crosses are in my experience stronger animals. I think more peole should focus on crossing out for size, strength, and vigor and not put so much emphasis on how colorful the dragon is.

Jamie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread